Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)

Go down 
+13
SwimWithTheTide
LeoHoward
Les Miserable
Flat_Track_Bully
LondonGreen
`rgill
stephensdad
hippo
Freathy
Tringreen
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Sir Francis Drake
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 10:43 pm

im not shocked by what i am reading if you make as many squad changes as we have squad harmony and togetherness sinks to a low and it takes awhile to for it to click,
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:18 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Shad
es of opening day of last year.  Nothing to get excited about.  If the pre season was about fitness then that is a fail.  Second best and huffing and puffing.  

Agree that there are no players on the bench to make a difference.  And a manager who continues in not being able to make a difference from the bench.

It almost broke my heart watching today as nothing seems to have changed.  I know I know I know first game and all that but it's all so familiar.  Here's to it being a mere blip on us storm oping up the league.

Pretty much the jist of it for me, Spowell has it spot on too.
Best part of 100 smackers that cost me today, and then to top it all off some dickhead started having a pop at some supporters at the end for booing !

Some people really are beyond help it seems.

Work for me a convient excuse not to attend today. Kerching
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:46 am

A credible defeat, onwards and downwards  rabbit 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:58 am

I thought we were the better team in the first half and we certainly had a lot more composure on the ball. Cambridge changed tactics in the second half and we did not have an answer. After the goal we went to pieces and we were awful.

We seem to have just changed the squad from a group of fourth division journeymen to a different group of fourth division journeymen. Mid table mediocrity beckons.

I was surprised by the reaction of the crowd though. They were very angry at the end and I don't think that Brent and Sheridan are going to have an easy ride this year if things don't improve. It sounded as if the fans have finally had enough. And about bloody time too.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:59 am

simple really.

if argyle go a goal down we'll CERTAINLY lose.
if argyle take the lead we MAY get a point or even three.

Suprised to hear of the ferocity of supporter angst so early too much booze maybe?, its not like weve spent a wad on players.

stripes will save us  Sleep 
 :greenrave: 
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:20 am

You're absolutely right Elias, not once last season did we come from behind to win a match and yesterday didn't show much to say that that may have changed. A few times we managed to claw back a draw, but it was rare. No plan B on the pitch, no plan B off it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:48 am

spowell92 wrote:
You're absolutely right Elias, not once last season did we come from behind to win a match and yesterday didn't show much to say that that may have changed. A few times we managed to claw back a draw, but it was rare. No plan B on the pitch, no plan B off it.  

Great.  Rolling Eyes I'm not sure if I can stomach another season of this shite!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:18 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Great.  Rolling Eyes I'm not sure if I can stomach another season of this shite!

Nor can many others. Judging by the crowd reaction at the final whistle, Home Park could turn into a hostile place if things aren't on the up this season - and too bloody right, we've been taken for mugs as fans for too many years now. Enough is enough, we want a club to be proud of. Cambridge were given a poor representation of Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:34 am

LeoHoward wrote:
If Argyle lose next week at home against the worst Exeter Team in years,Sheridan must go. At a real football club it would happen.

Before 3pm yesterday it looked like a nailed on win against City with Twatsdale on the bench and playing a bunch of kids as 7 squad players went off sick or were unfit. But by all accounts City played really well and more than held their own against Pompey.
Could be interesting next Saturday given our totally shit display yesterday, I loved the way Sparksy and Chris Errington expressed their admiration for the mighty Cambridge, which from what I could hear was justly deserved.
One game in an my heart is already starting to sink.
 Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:32 am

If we lose to the scum on Saturday it'll be time for some direct action. Firstly we can start the demolition of the grandstand, preferably while the directors box is still fully occupied, then we can move on to the other three sides of the ground. Enough already!! Let's hope the unthinkable doesn't happen but in all honesty would anyone be surprised if excreta left with 3 polnts? Some big decisions would then need to be made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:40 am

If we lose against Exeter (I cannot see us beating them) then it would be great to see the Grandstand heckling the directors box.
I wonder if that 'Brent Out' banner that was ever so quickly removed from Pasoti will make an appearance !?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:55 am

Tisdales team of home grown kids who try to play football, will outplay sheridans collection of misfits. But these first few games of the season dont matter its all about fitness geek coming together nicely jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 pm

The trouble is that not only do we have a team of league two journeymen none of them have played that formation with those players until the game on Saturday, why did we bother with pre season? All it seemed to achieve was highlight how lightweight our squad is.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Interesting listening to the radio comments yesterday as Gateshead who demolished The Gulls were described as balanced and having a fluid style of play with a recognisable system.
Likewise Cambridge were described as balanced and playing a recognisable system.
So are Argyle "balanced" and do we have a good system of play.
At the moment Reid is not getting any proper service, Morgan will never score many goals and Allasandra appears to be malfunctioning on the wing, so I would suggest Sheridan has some thinking to do, cause Tisdale has the ability to pull a win off at the moment with a bunch of eager kids.
Forgot to mention Mc Hugh looking dodgy most of the time.
Bottom of th league next Saturday?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Interesting listening to the radio comments yesterday as Gateshead who demolished The Gulls were described as balanced and having a fluid style of play with a recognisable system.
Likewise Cambridge were described as balanced and playing a recognisable system.
So are Argyle "balanced" and do we have a good system of play.
At the moment Reid is not getting any proper service, Morgan will never score many goals and Allasandra appears to be malfunctioning on the wing, so I would suggest Sheridan has some thinking to do, cause Tisdale has the ability to pull a win off at the moment with a bunch of eager kids.
Forgot to mention Mc Hugh looking dodgy most of the time.
Bottom of the league next Saturday?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:07 pm

seems bizarre that when we were in this situation before in 2000 we got a fraction of the support that we got today, why is that ?
is it just gratitude for a club to follow  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Nice sunny day here in Cambridge. Cerbs in front of me, Postey to my left. Tring would love it.

That'll be Frank in the blue dress then and Postey in red and white..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:33 pm

I am in that photo but I am not smiling or clapping.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I am in that photo but I am not smiling or clapping.

I can see you.

The reasons our 6/7k support is there is because of recent Championship exposure and the general Aviva mentality encouraged by the fanfests and general pasoti malarky.
It will never garner any 'new' support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3