Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)

Go down 
+13
SwimWithTheTide
LeoHoward
Les Miserable
Flat_Track_Bully
LondonGreen
`rgill
stephensdad
hippo
Freathy
Tringreen
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Sir Francis Drake
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stephensdad

The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Blizzard is on. Sheridan is really pissing me off.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Alessandra off. Not sure who came on.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
stephensdad

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:43 pm

Thomas came on.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Normal service resumed then.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 pm

3 mins injury time to play.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:56 pm

full time. boo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Glad I chose to do some overtime at work today!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:59 pm

All over and Abbey Stadium buzzes with celebration.

From commentary it sounds as though the result was fair enough; our only highlight was McCormick saving a penalty; we were second best; it was an easy win.

With us having so many new players and them being newly promoted it was always going to be a tough game but this is a disappointing result all the same.

We start the season in 22nd place.

Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:04 pm

All coming apart very quickly thank you very much,another season of despair.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:04 pm

As somebody that was there today, we are f*cked
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:06 pm

BBC reporting that Cambridge were deserved winners. Still I presume the first couple of matches are "all about fitness".
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:13 pm

It's all coming together nicely now!!
Oh, and did you know that Sheridan is pissing off stephensdad? x5
Back to top Go down
LeoHoward

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Awful manager making awful signings, will be gone by the end of september when the club is rooted to the bottom of the football league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Pay peanuts get monkeys, simple as that, Hourihane sold for £200k and replaced with kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:35 pm

#stripesoutnow
Back to top Go down
LeoHoward

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:36 pm

If Argyle lose next week at home against the worst Exeter Team in years,Sheridan must go. At a real football club it would happen.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Iggy wrote:
Pay peanuts get monkeys, simple as that, Hourihane sold for £200k and replaced with kids.

Hourihane was crap also. It was no better when he was here.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:08 pm

That was really awful. "feckin embarrassing" was the chorus from a section of the GA after the full time whistle, and they were right. As many of us feared, if the initial 11 doesn't work what impact is there from the bench? As suspected, none. Blizzard on for Norburn and Morgan on to play the left wing.

It was the same old story from Argyle. Cox and Norburn in the midfield looked okay generally, but both sat far too deep and neither got forward to support the attacks and so we never had a body around to win a second ball around the penalty area. Same old from the forwards too. Occasionally we'd pass it round quite nicely and create some decent openings, but no one wanted to just have a pop at goal - sorry fellas, but there's no points for endless passing it round the penalty area. Each player was just looking to get rid of the ball to a.n.other.

From the 50th minute the effort was non-existent from too many of the players. It seemed they were dying to get back on the coach and play some FIFA. It was a really pathetic second half performance. The first half was mixed and we showed glimpses of good play - we failed to build upon that and Sheridan killed our chances with some god awful subs.

McCormick - 9
Mellor - 6
Nelson - 5
Hartley - 6
McHugh - 2
Smalley - 4
Cox - 5
Norburn - 4
Banton - 4
Alessandra - 5
Reid - 7

Blizzard - 4
Morgan - 4
Thomas - meh, too little too late.

A left back, midfielder, winger and striker is required if we want to challenge. And Darcy Blake would be an improvement on Mellor, who isn't too bad but has his moments. One thing that frustrated me today, there's been a lot of talk about how vocal all these players are yet there was two or three occasions where players went without a call for man on and were cheaply dispossessed. If we want to challenge then big improvements are needed and we'll require some more investment from Brent. We're not fodder for relegation, that side will fluke enough wins to plod through the division okay, but promotion is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:45 pm

Shades of opening day of last year. Nothing to get excited about. If the pre season was about fitness then that is a fail. Second best and huffing and puffing.

Agree that there are no players on the bench to make a difference. And a manager who continues in not being able to make a difference from the bench.

It almost broke my heart watching today as nothing seems to have changed. I know I know I know first game and all that but it's all so familiar. Here's to it being a mere blip on us storm oping up the league.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 9:00 pm

every side is relegation fodder if they dont win enough games.
outplayed by the weakest side (based on last years finishing position) in the league not a great start.

brent out immediately
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 9:13 pm

I see the season started as predicted with a spineless defeat from the useless team of losers, make no mistake this crap squad is easily bad enough to go down,with Clueless Sheridan in charge it looks more and more likely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Dougie wrote:
Shades of opening day of last year.  Nothing to get excited about.  If the pre season was about fitness then that is a fail.  Second best and huffing and puffing.  

Agree that there are no players on the bench to make a difference.  And a manager who continues in not being able to make a difference from the bench.

It almost broke my heart watching today as nothing seems to have changed.  I know I know I know first game and all that but it's all so familiar.  Here's to it being a mere blip on us storm oping up the league.

Pretty much the jist of it for me, Spowell has it spot on too.
Best part of 100 smackers that cost me today, and then to top it all off some dickhead started having a pop at some supporters at the end for booing !

Some people really are beyond help it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)   The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Boat Race match thread (vs cambridge)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next