Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal Empty
PostSubject: Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal   Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Norburn signs a one year deal and handed the number 6 shirt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Would rather have signed him as a replacement for Young, rather than a replacement for Hourihane. That said, I have never seen the lad, and he may be a real underdiscovered gem who deserves to be starting.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal   Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:30 pm

I've split the thread (hope you don't mind ejh).

I've not seen him play either but from what I've read he sounds like he has potential- but hasn't always shown it. Hopefully Shez can have the same affect on him as he did on Hourihane.

Argyle site reports-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal   Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Rovers fans don't seem too keen on him. Apparently he has the physical strength of a fart in the wind, and showed no signs at Rovers he was a 'football league player'. 50+ appearances would appear to suggest they are exaggerating, however Luke Young made 100 for Argyle and he has plenty of fans saying he was shit and awful the whole time.

The fans at the Tavvy game say he played well, so that makes me hopeful. A youth career at Chelsea and Leicester suggests he has a lot of natural (if yet unfulfilled) talent, also 6' 2" is a good height and 21 a good age for a centre mid to develop from. Hourihane was a struggling centre mid aged 21, but aged 23 he had blossomed well with constant first team football and responsibilities - and maybe that is the project with this lad.

I think all signs are pointing to Shez looking for a small pool of defensive midfielders to support a 3- man attacking midfield line.

Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, McHugh, Purrington and Bentley could make up a 4 man defence.

Then I am guessing Cox and one of either Blizzard or Norburn will form a two man screen. Wotton if urgent.

Leaving three advanced midfielders/wingers, from - Alessandra, Banton, Thomas, Harvey, Allen and Smalley.

And Reid the lone striker up front, Morgan and Smalley for backup. Lecointe if we want to experiment.

So I'd guess it's looking like:

======== McCormick =======

Mellor - Nelson - Hartley - McHugh

---------Cox - Norburn

Alessandra --- Banton --- Thomas

------------- Reid ----------------

with Sheridan bringing on Harvey and Lecointe as much as he can to keep the fans happy. Allen and Bentley hopefully will get a look in too.

I have to admit, the idea of those three behind Reid being unleashed to run at defenders, could see some amazing football. Last season at Newport away, when Nathan Thomas was LWB, ordinary would have been a kind summary - when he was told to bomb on and forget about defending, he utterly destroyed them.

I would love that to be the permanent mindset of Banton and Thomas in particular next season.  Thanks/OK

Last edited by ejh on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal   Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Another nomark who's been unemployed since being discarded in march
 by car crash club Bristol Rovers, Joins Brents/Argyle. The slide into non league football has begun.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal   Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Has Mellor got a beard?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal   Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 pm

CHEAP

I guess we ran out of money lol not inspired by his signing at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal   Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Norburn Signs 1 Year Deal
Page 1 of 1