Greenskin
Tringreen
Dougie
green_genie
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Hairy and Smiffy have something in common, who would have thought it  laugh 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:20 pm

I do not fancy smiffy - feck off!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Bless, like you'd stance a chance even if you did.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:30 pm

hairy j wrote:

I'm really pleased with the growing squad and it isn't just Shez who's signing these players, it's Brent and the rest of the back room staff who play a part.

DUH..

That's the point several posters have already made. ...And that is why some posters are also worried. These players seem of a higher quality, so where is the money coming from? If the money isn't 'there', then we are destined to repeat our history! We have been warned to be wary of this.

Get it now, clueless?

No.. don't answer that. Over and out.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:54 pm

For the record Rickler, I got it.

Don't think we're in even remotely Damian Johnson, Simon Walton or Steve McLean territory here but I do get the point, and it's right to ask it, it should be on the table.

However, for me a large side salad of proportion is served with my look at it, washed down with a bottle of pragmatism and with a wafer thin mint of trust to follow with the bill (still, I know, sacrilege Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:05 pm

X Isle wrote:
'Media Max Clifford' Laughing

I've never met James Brent, never taken a gratuity, never peddled anything for anyone else, just given my own personal opinion. If you don't agree with it, fine, but whether it's about me, James Brent or anything for that matter, a falsehood peddled doth not make a falsehood true.

The truth, from the horses mouth, can be found within my signature if you give a sufficient shit to look for it. People have different opinions, I get that, but everyone else should too.

Signings like Hartley cause me to be quite upbeat about next season, I'd have thought most would be. I'm not having that good vibe kicked out of me just because of the hang-up's and blinkers of others. Sorry, I guess.

That is a refreshing post which I agree with....... Good Post 

Sheridan is not waiting to the last minute to get his squad together........pre-season training will help them to hit the ground running with a settled team.....momentum is so important....a good start will build confidence....we could challenge at the top this season.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:02 pm

I do get your point - if we're spending money on players, it'll be further debt and Brent is loaning the club money and that way is 'trouble' or it's Wrathall pumping money in and we'll end up like last time. The 'us' is actually a few more than just myself and my father. I do have a feeling that you don't go to that many games as flights from Yanky Doodle land to over here every other Saturday might be a bit expensive.

Back to the point of this thread (it's not all about you . It's what we needed - a proper signing of an experienced player.

I can't wait for next season as I'm lookjng forward to watching this side. I wasn't going to bother with pre-season but I am likely to go to the Swansea game - season ticket seat as usual. Cheers - regular attendee since 1986.

Last edited by hairy j on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Wonder if Hourihane will be here at the start of the season?

Good shout!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 am

The question is, does Hartley become captain?

It's difficult going to a new club and being made captain, didn't go well for Roger Johnson when he went to Wolves.
Wasn't Peter Swan made captain at Argyle back in 94? That didn't work out well either.

I guess that leaves Wotton, Nelson and McCormick as front runners..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:47 am

Peter Hartley admitted to being vocal, so naturally everyone wants him to be captain now.

Apart from Wotton we have no other such gobshites in the team.

In reality the players will form their own hierarchy and there will be senior figures coming out of pre season as candidates for the captaincy.

At this stage our most senior CB, most experienced defender, the loudest and most confident, likely to be starting week in week out... is Hartley.

However there may be some surprise candidates. Connolly was always said to be an intelligent, confident, vocal man behind the scenes .. but we only saw a quiet young RB. After his move to Derby he was made captain.

Maybe Cox or McHugh can be of this mould.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:08 am

Agreed ejh, but would it be better to give the captaincy to a player at the club already, so as not to upset the dressing room?

In this case, there are quite a few new arrivals anyway so, probably not an issue, best just give it to the best candidate.
Wotton isn't going to play every game, Nelson - don't want to distract him from improving his own game, which leaves McCormick who may not be natural captain material anyway.

It's a shame we can't just filter them all by influence and determination, and pick the best  lol 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:23 am

Reuben Reid, captain leading from the front.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Hartley signs   Peter Hartley signs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Hartley signs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2