X Isle
Dingle
Tringreen
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Close Season Survey Empty
PostSubject: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 1:45 pm

It’s that time of year again – time for the 2014 Close Season Survey.

This season's survey closely matches the format of previous editions, to allow for comparative analysis where possible, with a small number of amendments to reflect the changes that have taken place in the last twelve months.

Both the club and the Argyle Fans' Trust have had an opportunity to contribute to the structure and content of this survey and, as in previous years, it is hoped that it will offer the club an independently sourced and useful "snapshot" of current fan opinion.

You have the right of withdrawal at any time during the survey and all data is collected anonymously. The closing date for this survey is July 1st 2014.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks John, good questions as always- maybe could have asked a few about HHP though?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Thanks John, good questions as always- maybe could have asked a few about HHP though?

Yep, something along the lines of "how concerned are you about having a Cnut like Brent at the helm?" or "on a scale of 1-10 how much of a piss-take is Brents non-extendable mini-stand?"

Or something along those lines... Razz 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:41 pm

That would be like declaring war on the clusterfuck. Jimmy would be very cross and cast the Trust outside the gates of HP.

Just what is needed.

Anything else is just pussyfooting around and a waste of time and energy, unless a small portion of the spotlight at a parochial club, is where it's at for you.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:10 pm

My replies are very much along the lines of last year - but I'm even more disillusioned.

Absolutely no improvement with the catering which is one of my major gripes. If decent fare with good service were available then the club would surely gain increased revenue, apart from improving the match day experience for us long-suffering fans. Queueing for an eternity, shambolic system, for grim food at vastly inflated prices, without even mentioning some of the lacklustre performances on the pitch, do not encourage the floating punters the club desperately needs. How will the more elderly fans being shifted from the grandstand cope?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:33 pm

The main point of the survey is to compare and contrast data from previous seasons to give an indication of improvements or otherwise. Whilst I understand some have an unhealthy obsession with the grandstand and throwing stones at the current incumbent of the chairmanship, a question on that can't yield any kind of statistical comparison. It's open to short-termist pitchfork rattling but John's surveys are looking more at long term trends and directions.

Maybe a one off question about HHP would've done no harm but it'd only have been for shits 'n' giggles, standing alone the result would be pretty meaningless.

Glad the question about shirt shade remains. There's always been a majority for the darker options available yet the few who shout loudest with, ahem, the ear of the chairman (no names!) always try to claim light green is the way forwards. They managed to twist a tiny minority call for stripes on PASOTI into reality. A strong rejection of pale green therefore on a sample of the wider fanbase should kick weak green back into touch. 'Some' should not be more equal than others, presently however undue and unrepresentative influence seems to be getting it's way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:18 pm

When you've quite finished patronising us throbby I may take a minute to print out a copy of the survey wipe my bum on it and post it in, reciprocating the level of interest that this owner and this board really show the fans.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm

I was so happy that I'd completed 17% just by opening it. Just wish there was an option of 'meh' for some of the answers - that would be my inciteful analysis.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:34 pm

I thought it was well balanced on most things except as others have said a lack of questions on the HHP debacle and diddystand.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:15 pm

X Isle wrote:
The main point of the survey is to compare and contrast data from previous seasons to give an indication of improvements or otherwise.

Erm, no it isn't, and John doesn't say that it is. The main point of the survey is to get the views of Argyle supporters: the fact that it allows comparisons with previous years is a bonus, that's all.

(And if that was the main point of it, it would have to have been designed differently from the start, but I won't do people's heads by using words like longitudinal and talking about populations and samples.)

study 
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Can i just say, Brent Out Now! it makes no difference i know but i like saying it!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Done.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:14 am

X Isle wrote:
The main point of the survey is to compare and contrast data from previous seasons to give an indication of improvements or otherwise. Whilst I understand some have an unhealthy obsession with the grandstand and throwing stones at the current incumbent of the chairmanship, a question on that can't yield any kind of statistical comparison. It's open to short-termist pitchfork rattling but John's surveys are looking more at long term trends and directions.

Maybe a one off question about HHP would've done no harm but it'd only have been for shits 'n' giggles, standing alone the result would be pretty meaningless.

Glad the question about shirt shade remains. There's always been a majority for the darker options available yet the few who shout loudest with, ahem, the ear of the chairman (no names!) always try to claim light green is the way forwards. They managed to twist a tiny minority call for stripes on PASOTI into reality. A strong rejection of pale green therefore on a sample of the wider fanbase should kick weak green back into touch. 'Some' should not be more equal than others, presently however undue and unrepresentative influence seems to be getting it's way.

Still turning like the Torrey Canyon then throbber, those big (?)ankers can easily land you on the rocks eh, your BFF Ian will not be h a p p y with you when he reads your turn-coating typical diatribe.

It's a shame the RAF could not blast yer mate speccy and his mini-stand out of Argyle isn't it, just like the gov't of the day had to with the the short cut taking tanker captain.

No similarities there then!

Reluctant bidder my ass!

Last edited by All the Presidents Men on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 am

brent out !!!!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Survey completed. Have I missed something? Has X Isle fallen out with Pisspoti, only he doesnt seem to post on there now and he was always one of the most frequent and regime backing posters. A genuine question.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:12 pm

No Swampy.

For that and many other popular misconceptions I've changed my signature to provide a permanent link.

Hopefully it'll save threads descending off topic through the refusal to accept / 'head in the sand-ism' of some*

*not you BTW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Hello all

We're going to draw a line on this years survey tomorrow morning, so if you haven't already had your say, there's still time to do so.

We'll then start looking at the results and comparing them to the 2013 edition.

Once the club has had a chance to review the results, we'll publish them here and elsewhere.

Thanks

John
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:25 pm

I was satisfied with the questions and i answered them accordingly....
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:27 am

Done!
BRENT OUT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey   Close Season Survey Empty

Back to top Go down

Close Season Survey
Page 1 of 1