lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

In the "News" today. Empty
PostSubject: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:14 pm

A place to put any interesting or or amusing stories from the newspapers,
the first to catch my eye today was the Rennards refusal to apologise for something that he says he hasn't done? What's wrong with that? Or Or are the lib labs saying they think he done it? Strange one that it's almost as though they have Newell doing the pr for them.

The next was run by the Star on their front page, BB's Sam in 999 dash! Absolutely shocking story, where will it all end?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 pm

that Louisa zissman has surprised me, in the apprentice thought she was a 'hard to get' lass but CBB paper coverage seems to show her as more of sl*t. disappointing.

the 'riot' at the 99p store at Wrexham  lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Sad news about Micheal Schumacher...

"Hopes fade for Michael Schumacher's recovery amid fears he may be 'in vegetative state after four-week coma'"

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Roman Abramovich's partner Dasha Zhukova has caused outrage!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rolling Eyes 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:04 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Roman Abramovich's partner Dasha Zhukova has caused outrage!

Rolling Eyes 

Only someone who is desperate to stir up a racism row would find that picture outrageous. Would these feckin idiots be equally outraged if it were a black woman posing on top of a white woman?

Very sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 am

In the Daily Express a story discussing whether motorway pubs are a good idea or not?  Razz  FFS if it were anybody other than a huge restaurant chain trying this it wouldn't be shown the light of day, real pubs are struggling give them a chance.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:33 am

Plymouth city council are considering getting rid of lollipop ladies. How low is Tudor going with these budget cuts. Can't see him getting back in next time.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:44 am

I bet I look amazing

bounce
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:13 pm

And the Brent's Herald has shown a picture of a dockyard in New Zealand as South Yard Devonport
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Plymouth city council are considering getting rid of lollipop ladies. How low is Tudor going with these budget cuts. Can't see him getting back in next time.

Too risky getting rid of lollipop ladies - all it needs is one kiddie injured or killed (which there will be) and they'll be down on you like a ton of bricks. No... he'll "consider it" for a while then make a u-turn to show what a caring fellow he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 2:33 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
I bet I look amazing

bounce

But surely that would only appeal to Narcisists? My missus would probably go with it if they could Morph George Clooney onto my body, just for a change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:30 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Too risky getting rid of lollipop ladies - all it needs is one kiddie injured or killed (which there will be) and they'll be down on you like a ton of bricks. No... he'll "consider it" for a while then make a u-turn to show what a caring fellow he is.

Thumbs Ain't that the truth, by. What a snake that Tudor Evans is. Pfwa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:36 am

It's ok to book that holiday, order a brand new car for August and spoil the missus! According to the Mirror Britain is booming again. Seems to have missed Tavvy though.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:33 pm

THOUSANDS of pounds worth of damage has been caused at a Crewkerne church amid claims the face of Christ was desecrated with an air rifle.

Police have issued an appeal for information after the windows at St Bartholomew’s Church were repeatedly targeted by vandals.

Five stained glass windows have been smashed, leaving church officials counting the cost of the attack.

Dorothy Tozer, churchwarden, said: “It is very distressing. It started happening before Christmas and to replace just one of the windows would cost us £2,350.

“We spent a lot of money last year to get the church a bit warmer for visitors but the holes in the windows are not helping at all.

“They are small holes but the windows are painted and bespoke making them very expensive to replace.

“Our church was listed as one of the top 100 churches in the country in a recent book and people come from all over the place to visit. It is much-loved by local people.

“It really is very sad that people feel the need to desecrate the church.”

Reverend Michael Gallagher said: “We have had damage to the church in years gone by but we thought that had passed. But over the past couple of months we seem to have been targeted once more.

“It makes sense now someone has been suggested that somebody may be using an air rifle because it is clearly being done accurately and deliberately.

“Recently we arrived to find that the face of Jesus Christ had been smashed through.

“I think that these things are being done in the dead of night – it has to be, because we leave the church in a perfect state but arrive to find smashed glass all over the floor.

“Also, if it is someone using pellets then I’m sure someone would have spotted it.

“If anyone notices anyone behaving suspiciously around the church then I would appeal to them to call the police.”

Avon and Somerset police is investigating the incidents which may have involved stones or pellets.

A spokesman said: “There are a number of small holes in the windows of St Batholomew’s Church in Church Street.

“The incidents took place over the last two months. Anyone with information should call the Crewkerne neighbourhood policing team on 101 and quote 3295/14.

“Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Justin Bebo is a twat shock!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Cannibal rats on russian ship ? Does that mean theyll eat other rats, would that solve rat problem then ?

Bloodbath in kiev.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Elias wrote:
Cannibal rats on russian ship ? Does that mean theyll eat other rats, would that solve rat problem then ?

Bloodbath in kiev.

maybe
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:45 pm

You won’t believe why the Victoria Line is currently suspended

The civil engineering team has poured fast-setting concrete into the Victoria Line signalling equipment room and shut everything down
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
You won’t believe why the Victoria Line is currently suspended

The civil engineering team has poured fast-setting concrete into the Victoria Line signalling equipment room and shut everything down

I would, trust me I would !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

They're asking schools to fund them rather than the costs coming from a centralised crossing patrol budget - it's a bit different than "getting rid of them". If a Primary School wants/requires a lollipop person, they'll have to fund them. That's the proposal.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 pm

There's a lollipop person on every fookin corner in Portsmouth.

I used to acknowledge them, but it was taking me fookin ages to get to work.

Now I'm a headphones in kinda chap. Soz.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:04 am

My Mum used to be a lollipop lady - she had a giant sticky head.

Boom boom.

This is pretty infuriating. Gagging order pay-offs.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:27 am

hairy j wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

They're asking schools to fund them rather than the costs coming from a centralised crossing patrol budget - it's a bit different than "getting rid of them". If a Primary School wants/requires a lollipop person, they'll have to fund them. That's the proposal.

At the time I only heard the headline and did`nt hear the whole story on the radio. But its still a bit of passing the buck from the council, if a school can`t afford to pay then the lollipop lady looses her job and when a child is hurt people will blame the schools and not the council. A crafty bunch these councilors .

Lollipop person for god sake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

Where will it end?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 6:31 pm

One of my heroes collecting his award.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. Empty

Back to top Go down

In the "News" today.
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next