SwimWithTheTide
Sir Francis Drake
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lloyd_down_under

lloyd_down_under

Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm not going to read too much in to what Oxford fans have to say. Made that mistake last year when Accy supporters were singing Boco's praises...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Pay peanuts get monkeys...
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Would be quite a coup for Sheridan to keep Ruben at H.P. odds are against it, to have a good go at promo next season we need players in who are better than we have already, guess we don't know until he plays.
We have to trust Sheridans judgement as any manager in getting in the right players, he stuck with Ruben at the start of last season after 12 games without scoring before coming good. Our best hope is that Ruben will exercise some kind of loyalty towards Sheridan, knowing that bar injury he should start every game.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 9:24 pm

lloyd_down_under wrote:
I'm not going to read too much in to what Oxford fans have to say. Made that mistake last year when Accy supporters were singing Boco's praises...

Agree with all that. I can remember when the Gasheads were so glad to see the back of Trigger.
He didn't do so bad did he.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Early deals indicate sheridan wants a long holiday this summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Elias wrote:
Early deals indicate sheridan wants a long holiday this summer.

Judging by his twitter account he wants to sit by the tv with 300 cans of Carlsberg and no phone interruptions. For 4 weeks.  drunk 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 9:49 pm

It's cruel, but some of the stuff on that twitter account is very funny!

Also interesting that after 'alleged' complaints, its been allowed to continue.
Back to top Go down
Wotton's Ashtray

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 3:01 pm

similar scoring record to alessandra when he arrived last summer so wouldnt write this signing off, could potentially be a coup for us, he didnt do half bad when he last played under sheridan either so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Alessandra played for Morecambe predominantly on the wing, and played the vast majority of games last season on the wing.

Quite a critical difference.

Smalley has played his best football under Sheridan, and therein lies the hope that both understand and bring the best out of each other. However Chesterfield were a side promoted as Champions - Argyle are a side built on punts to Reid. One system gave strikers 7 chances a game and won the majority of matches, Argyle's forwards often have no efforts on goal between them in 90 mins.

Best of luck to Smalley but I am sitting firmly on the fence, I hope he shuts me up with a 15 - 20 goal season- tbut I just worry we have another non scoring 'all round' striker in our midst. Morgan, Showumni ... we don't want to be collecting them!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Showumni....was just an end of season fill-in.....would never be collected.

Morgan needs to be fully fit before any judgement can be made.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Is it me or has shez got a shit scouting network, is he lazy so he just goes for players that have done for him in the past, or a n other?
Back to top Go down
Wotton's Ashtray

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:43 pm

ejh wrote:
Alessandra played for Morecambe predominantly on the wing, and played the vast majority of games last season on the wing.

Quite a critical difference.

Smalley has played his best football under Sheridan, and therein lies the hope that both understand and bring the best out of each other. However Chesterfield were a side promoted as Champions - Argyle are a side built on punts to Reid. One system gave strikers 7 chances a game and won the majority of matches, Argyle's forwards often have no efforts on goal between them in 90 mins.

Best of luck to Smalley but I am sitting firmly on the fence, I hope he shuts me up with a 15 - 20 goal season- tbut I just worry we have another non scoring 'all round' striker in our midst. Morgan, Showumni ... we don't want to be collecting them!
when smalley was on form under sheridan he was deployed on the right wing so wouldnt surprise me if he starts in that position for us
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm always concerned when managers buy the same players. Holloway's scouting network was amazing when he was here - and beyond. A very good scout, in my opinion, is worth the same salary as a first team player.

Smalley seems ok on paper. His record is ok. He might just be ok.

I'd like us to grab a player like Kitson - splash two/three times the usual wages on a player who'll dominate games rather than having a senior pro on the bench. McSheffery dominated at Home Park, Kitson did too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal   Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dean Smalley signs a 2 year deal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2