HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

heriditary celebrity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

heriditary celebrity Empty
PostSubject: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 am

media full of the death of hereditary celebrity, must be a slow news day saturation coverage.
maybe this is the way the media is going to go  create these 'personalities' who have done very little but big them up and you have got a never ending story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:25 pm

I agree that there are plenty of talentless idiots out there, who have somehow acquired celebrity status. Jade Goody springs to mind as one who was worshipped upon her death, and there are some hereditary celebs who similarly have very little to offer. Callum Best as an example

It has to be said though that this does not apply in this case. PG came across as bright and intelligent,  journalist in her own right. Quite a sad story imo
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
I agree that there are plenty of talentless idiots out there, who have somehow acquired celebrity status. Jade Goody springs to mind as one who was worshipped upon her death, and there are some hereditary celebs who similarly have very little to offer. Callum Best as an example

It has to be said though that this does not apply in this case. PG came across as bright and intelligent,  journalist in her own right. Quite a sad story imo

I agree to an extent. I'm not sure if cause of death has been published yet, but if you are extremely intelligent and your mother had died from a Heroin overdose, shorely a pretty obvious life commitment would be to never ever get involved with such a filthy drug? It's well documented that she herself has dabbled in the past, which ( not to talk ill of he dead, but) makes her a very silly girl.

I hope for her families sake that it was some kind of natural causes death, but I very much doubt that to be the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Lots of young, bright and intelligent people die every day for all sorts of reasons. Lots of bright and intelligent people smoke death dealing tobacco, it's not just heroin and alcohol to excess that kills. Drug use, and emotional shape, has little to do with how intelligent someone is. In fact I wonder what is meant by intelligent. It almost infers that the person had more right to life than another not quite so disposed. Elitist almost, although I'm sure it is not meant in that way. The young and death don't easily mix in our psyche. Makes an awful mockery of things.

This is one of the media/entertainment/gliterati's own, so they're bound to go big on it. It's their family, they are part of the establishment.
Sounds like heart failure, due to what, who knows. Very, very sad for someone who has carried the mark and fallen so early. I've known so many lovely people, and not so nice, that died far too young. Some drugs, some cancers, some accidents, some suicides, some almost fated.
I suppose hereditary celebrity is no different than the hereditary Builder and Son. It's almost a trade these days, and the young are blooded early... it certainly pays well.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 pm

^^^^^ this
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 11:03 am

Much the same happens in politics. As suggested it's all a bit like taking over the family business.

It's human nature to try to provide the best opportunities we can for our kids and in many ways the system perpetuates itself.

It's exactly why public schools exist. It isn't so much about academic excellence as firmly entrenching one's offspring into a peer network because it is the peer network that will provide opportunity later on rather than exam results.

In this case the Geldof peer network is celeb-based as opposed to sport or politics or business or whatever.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree", as they say, and that means that careers, and entire governments, are forged not by those with the best ability but by those with the best contacts.

Most family businesses end up failing because they recruit, by definition, from those with similar DNA rather than from a wider population where they can find the person best-suited for the job.

It's a huge failing in our society.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:05 pm

hereditary celebrity or not, I still find it sad to see such a young life come to an end and as a parent I can to a degree understand the hurt that must be caused to those left behind.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
 journalist in her own right.

Er, no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heriditary celebrity   heriditary celebrity Empty

Back to top Go down

heriditary celebrity
Page 1 of 1