Jon L
Damon.Lenszner
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
I'd take 10 defeats to Exeter in exchange for that boxed in ministand not going ahead.

Refurb the mayflower terrace and wait for someone to do a proper job whether it be nexr year or 10 years.

Absolutely.

If I were PCC I'd be putting feelers out in the direction of these British Land developers. If the glorious day comes and Brents house of cards finally falls, it'd be fantastic to have someone like them on board to do the job properly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:45 pm

If I was PCC I'd be wanting my Pavillions, my £2m and the 1.22 acres of Central Park back (if it has ever been signed over).

It would also be reassuring to see PAFC and the plot of land beside it re-united.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
I'd take 10 defeats to Exeter in exchange for that boxed in ministand not going ahead.

Refurb the mayflower terrace and wait for someone to do a proper job whether it be nexr year or 10 years.

I'm pretty sure no way but could we ever plump for terracing back on the Mayflower, without going out of the league and back in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Terracing back on the Mayflower would be magnificent but don't think it can be done unfortunately.

Re. Seats on the Mayflower, a steeper gradient would be needed to improve the view IMO, not sure if that could be achieved at a manageable cost.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Why not as a pilot for safe standing? It seems to be gaining momentum.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Expensive for a temp job Iggy. I think common sense should prevail and standard terracing be allowed back, but unfortunately there's a lack of common sense in the FA and governing bodies.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:33 pm

GOB wrote:
I think it's as SFD has commented and Brent is developing an exit strategy, hence Wrathall. I also think that you're right PP, Brent will attempt to pick at the flesh for the meat and to do that he will also need the goodwill that would be lost if he left the Club in deep shitzo.

If as seems likely and this mess does all go tits up, it will be interesting to see how Brent attempts to claw back any loss from keeping the Club afloat because if he demands that his loan is repaid it'll be back into admin for PAFC once again. Although if he does take that route he is unlikely to get much cash back.

I really cannot see the HP and HHP developments going ahead now, not without further sweeteners from PCC and this will play alongside Millbay etc. and dear old Tudor will get one hell of a political bloody nose

I suppose that depends if he's a secured creditor or not-can't imagine that he would leave himself open to that sort of personal loss without any chance of getting at least a good percentage of his money back.Very difficult to know exactly without any detailed accounting information-is there anything in the public domain about when the accounts are due? Seem to recall that Argyle come under the overarching accounting structure of Natatomisam,so information would probably be pretty limited anyway.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

looks good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 pm

Glossy PR nonsense.

But a lot better than a few misleading drawings stuck on boards in a tiny corner of the Theatre Royal.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

looks good to me.

It's totally unbelievable and lacks complete credibility.

Nobody dresses that smart in Plymouth FFS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 6:47 am

knecht wrote:
Glossy PR nonsense.

But a lot better than a few misleading drawings stuck on boards in a tiny corner of the Theatre Royal.

I fear the word you are looking for is 'professional' - sad affair all round!! Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:55 am

Bandwagon wrote:
knecht wrote:
Glossy PR nonsense.

I fear the word you are looking for is 'professional' - sad affair all round!! Evil or Very Mad 

Indeed it is professional. That's what happens when a professional outfit sets out to do something. More than anything though, they're knocking down and regenerating an area that has been crying out for it for decades - as opposed to ramming as much as is humanly possible in to a tiny footprint in a public park.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:11 am

I don't disagree with the above but just one point to clarify: their plan doesn't actually even fit into the tiny footprint they had available.

That's how fundamentally crap the HHP plan is.

And it isn't even as though that's a mere detail!

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:15 am

From that video I notice that wherever a sign is to be located it was just represented by the word " signage". Where as cineworld already have there name and logo involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:22 am

Just a (maybe irrelevant) observation..... of the people who you can clearly see the large majority are women. Of the very few males one is a young lad with an older woman & the other is a man with a briefcase on his mobile. Funny old world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:44 am

Lots of people eating in those 13 restaurants too.... and a nice sunny day. No wonder so many projects lose money and find themselves under utilised and having to discount rents. No surprise though, as this sort of thing is dominated by the building and property industry, where determined profits are largely the actual build process itself and inflated capital profits, not continuing revenue.

As for shopping and city centres, us men are invisible, apart from building them, that is. Apart from the flirting student chuggers, market researchers only bother women up and down the streets. Male opinions are not wanted. Shopping isn't a man thing apparently. Fine, I can live with that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:52 am

I have been stopped by a Greenpeace chugger a number of times. On those occasions I pulled rank & said I know the ex-captain of the Rainbow Warrior & actually live in his old house. On one occasion said Grenpeace chugger clearly had no idea what the Rainbow Warrior was! I really enjoy proper food shopping but don't do the rest of it unless I need to.

The abomination that is Drakes Circus will perhaps be overshadowed by yet another cathedral to consumption. But at least that is in the centre where it should be not in an important piece of parkland.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 am

Hitch wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

looks good to me.

It's totally unbelievable and lacks complete credibility.

Nobody dresses that smart in Plymouth FFS!

Yeah amazin innit bruv, did'nt see one chav type anywhere in the simulation, think in real life it might be different.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:01 am

Whilst the proposal is to be situated in a near derelict run down area and will be a boost in many ways (don't normally say that about new developments), my main concern is that it has been planned my a company responsible for an architectual abomination so bad it has been voted by architects several times as the worst asthetically designed building in Britain.
But hey lets try and keep as much grass in Central Park as possible shall we.
Feck off Brent and take yer corporate ghetto with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:15 am

Being serious, I agree, ANY new or revamped and fully tennanted "public use" buildings in the decaying city centre is a very good thing, and exactly where these facilities should be placed. If Plymouth doesn't do something soon, this centre will become some no go pawnbroking delapitated downtown area so prevalent in US and South American cities.

Who needs Brent's idea of another shopping opportunity or dentist in a municipal park. Madness, bordering on an insult to every city resident. None of it would ever pay for itself and render the whole site vulnerable to an even more unacceptable future change of use. Sliding agendas in a park property uplift sense. These people have always tried it on, and it is up to the councils that represent us all to resist it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:45 am

Maybe Putin will do us all a favour and level the centre of Plymouth again so that we have to do something. Believe me the money would be found then. The trouble is when we lost the centre of Plymouth in the Blizt it was a lovely eclectic mix of plaster, slate and timber, we now get concrete in huge volumes poured into moulds to give us the same mono block building that is seen everywhere. Successive governments have told us we need to be greener yet the production of Portland cement is so environmentally damaging we hardly make any here so that we can preserve our carbon footprint. No joined up thinking, the councils plan for the future of Plymouth is led by a feck off nose ring that the developers and enablers have hold of. I quite like piece meal, that gave us the Barbican, what I don't like is that without tacky retail and chain store food we don't seem to be able to afford to build quality and there is no framework or plan that means anything.
All together now, make an orderly line down Royal Parade and bend over please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:47 am

Just a thought but Plymouth Council probably has £50m in reserves, why dont they build some really nice retail and leisure areas then let them out as landlords? They could start at HHP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:59 am

It's a sign of advanced capitalism meeting it's sell by date. It, and no one else, has been here before, no matter how much thy say they know what they're doing. In the meantime, those who have capital bulging out of their pockets, need to use it, turn it into concrete. Anything will do. No profit in parkland and under utilised grass, unless you have sheep on it.
I loved that photo of sheep grazing on the Hoe at the turn of the century. Let's have a bit of REAL life in the city centre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 11:21 am

Exactly WG. Go to Bangkok and soak up the atmosphere on the street, not a Nandoes in site and all the woks fizzing away. Its people, lots of ordinary people making enough to get by on by giving the working people what they want, quick, cheap, GOOD food. No multi million pound plaza will ever come close.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Never mind do we need another Cinema, with a number of restaurants in Sutton Harbour closing how are 13 more going to survive in Bretonside? The whole Millbay Boulevard scheme is planned to include umpteen more. They might as well close the entire western side of the City Centre now.

Meanwhile Akkeron's delays in starting Oldway Mansion in Torbay (18 months and counting) are also down to getting leases signed and won't be affected by Akkeron Hotels' restructuring.

'bay 'erald link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final nail in the coffin
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next