Jon L
Damon.Lenszner
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:09 pm

This is the bit that does it for me:

Quote :
(Councillor Lowry) was confident that the project would go ahead. “British Land does not need to borrow the money to do this. It’s a FTSE 100 company with hundreds of millions in cash and clearly is looking to spend some of that in a productive way.”

Nuff said innit  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:15 pm

GOB wrote:

The interesting thing now is where does this leave the much criticised Akkeron development at Central Park and Argyle?

I am sure that everyone from the Evening Herald, through the AFT, down to the carcass of the PASB, is on the hot line to "Martyn" and even James Brent himself, in an effort to find out...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 pm

hairy j wrote:
I know a guy who owns a print company in St Austell and he travels up with his wife once a month to watch a film and eat out.

So, if Brent's cinema and British Land's cinema get built, will your mate travel up to Plymouth 3 times a month ?
The same logic was applied all over the country to the shopping mall building frenzy of the last 20 years. Half these malls are near bankrupt and in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:03 pm

How dare Tudor release such information on the day of a game...outrageous  knob 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:04 pm

I wonder if the bottom lip has been quivering!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:34 am

Always a silver lining, Plymothians may not have a successful football team to watch but at least they will have a choice of where to get their cinema experience. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:16 am

Coming a bit late to this item but can certainly say the visuals are top notch compaired with the cut & shut affair our saviour is proposing - strange web being spun by the council also!! I hope this finishes off the Brent deal completely!!

Just to add that the whiff of bacon seems to be snuffed out!!  cheers pig 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 am

With regard to the Civic Centre, wasn't the reason it was listed was because the council wanted to demolish it because it was too expensive to repair? How on earth is Brent going to turn it into a top class hotel?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Im surprised this hasn't got more of a reaction on pasoti, or is it they just aint allowed to discuss it ?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 am

I think it's because the whole thing is almost impenetrable. No one really knows whats going on at HHP. Bretonside seems like a done deal. The council should know as well as the cinema operators whether both new complexes and current one can be sustained.

Will Brent come out and say this has no bearing on his plans? Who knows.

The default position with anything he does is that everything is hunky dory. Oakway - all hunky dory. Hotels going into admin - all hunky dory. HHP leases - all hunky dory. Concerns about Argyle need for Wrathall investment - all hunky dory. Funding for HHP - all hunky dory.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 pm

We've been told time and time again that regarding HHP it's all or nothing. There is no alternative.

Well blow after blow is landing on the funding streams for various aspects of it:

* No parking fee at the P&R
* Akkeron's hotel business in tatters
* Big shortfall in monies due from FES
* Application not submitted for school funding

And now this Bretonside development.

The only rational diagnosis to be made from all of this is that HHP (it's all or nothing, remember) will amount to nothing.

For Argyle that means no grandstand, for the coumcil it means no ice rink, for the park it means no HHP, for Brent it means no Pavillions development.

It's a financial car crash.

Brent must now be working on an exit strategy and if he isn't he should be starting one pronto.

And it is all his fault. Nobody but him is responsible for a plan so crap it doesn't even fit into the land he had available! Nobody but him is responsible for the complete lack of consultation. Nobody but him is responsible for the PR disaster started at the Citybus presentation and on-going ever since.

But overall the plan isn't collapsing because I don't like it or because the school grants weren't applied for in time or because a better plan is going ahead at Bretonside. It's collapsing because it was always going to implode due to its own inherent crapness.

And someone somewhere is going to have to pick up the pieces.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 pm

I disagree with your last thought SFD, the supporters of Brent take shared responsibility for siding with an incompetent businessman.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:31 pm

They're just monkeys in comparison to the organ grinder.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:45 pm

The expression "useful idiots" was never more apt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 pm

I really want to know what sort of mug financial organisation is going to bankroll this mess - when they see this latest Bretonside broadside, they'll surely run for the exit!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

'I'll never hear a bad word said about anyone who is chairman at the Theatre of Schemes. Next !'

The compliance, childlike drum banging, bucket rattling and general Avivaness, is as obvious as the perks awarded. The tragedy is that the janner yeomanry lack the imagination, style and class to attract any but the already addicted or ambitious.In fact, the plaaaaaaastics are positively discouraged.
The ongoing, lower league Avivafest at Home Park is as common as muck. Geddon.

This says to me that Tenpole realises the reluctant one is really the incompetent one.

Cllr Evans said: “This is a company with a proven record of delivering in Plymouth and for Plymouth, and while it is early days this looks an incredibly exciting prospect.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 pm

So will the club make any statement regarding the affect the brettonside development will have on HHP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

'I'll never hear a bad word said about anyone who is chairman at the Theatre of Schemes. Next !'

The compliance, childlike drum banging, bucket rattling and general Avivaness, is as obvious as the perks awarded. The tragedy is that the janner yeomanry lack the imagination, style and class to attract any but the already addicted or ambitious.In fact, the plaaaaaaastics are positively discouraged.

This says to me that Tenpole realises the reluctant one is really the incompetent one.

Cllr Evans said: “This is a company with a proven record of delivering in Plymouth and for Plymouth, and while it is early days this looks an incredibly exciting prospect.

That reminds me of the Tudor Evans comment regarding Brent, "he doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk".

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:38 pm

GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That reminds me of the Tudor Evans comment regarding Brent, "he doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk".

Speaking of Tudor Evans

There was a time on twitter that he used to bite every time a bad word was said about Brent, I tested this about 2 weeks ago and ..nothing... has he realised himself ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm wondering that Dane, it's almost as though Brent has been dumped.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:11 pm

GOB wrote:
I'm wondering that Dane, it's almost as though Brent has been dumped.

Doubt if Brent has been dumped he's still got £2m of our money, but perhaps the financial (ahem) 'issues' have had an effect. What's not clear to me is if the Millbay, Civic Centre and HHP developments are linked financially and perhaps contractually.

Would be silly if they are, a project like that needs to be undertake in bite size chunks with separate funding streams and budgets - although Brent doesn't actually use money to fund anything - preferring equity and credit.

It'll all end in tears if that's the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:27 pm

I think it's as SFD has commented and Brent is developing an exit strategy, hence Wrathall. I also think that you're right PP, Brent will attempt to pick at the flesh for the meat and to do that he will also need the goodwill that would be lost if he left the Club in deep shitzo.

If as seems likely and this mess does all go tits up, it will be interesting to see how Brent attempts to claw back any loss from keeping the Club afloat because if he demands that his loan is repaid it'll be back into admin for PAFC once again. Although if he does take that route he is unlikely to get much cash back.

I really cannot see the HP and HHP developments going ahead now, not without further sweeteners from PCC and this will play alongside Millbay etc. and dear old Tudor will get one hell of a political bloody nose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Meanwhile on Pbay - not a word, not a whiff of concern. It's all disappeared under that great big Pisspoti carpet. The Pasoti masses have no idea what's really going on thanks to blanket sanitisation. How convenient, how typical, how nauseating.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Meanwhile on Pbay - not a word, not a whiff of concern. It's all disappeared under that great big Pisspoti carpet. The Pasoti masses have no idea what's really going on thanks to blanket sanitisation. How convenient, how typical, how nauseating.  Rolling Eyes

Substitute 'massive' for 'infant minnows' and then it becomes factual  clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:35 pm

I'd take 10 defeats to Exeter in exchange for that boxed in ministand not going ahead.

Refurb the mayflower terrace and wait for someone to do a proper job whether it be nexr year or 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final nail in the coffin   Final nail in the coffin - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final nail in the coffin
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next