Peggy
mannameadbabe
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:25 am

Saw a pheasant yesterday................in Stonehouse scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 am

It would be safer in Stonehouse than it would if it lived round here.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:46 am

Not so sure, there's probably more guns around here than there is in the sticks !!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:55 am

Sun rising over North End, again.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:23 am

Watching the rain at the F1 I will be off early as I have a 9 o'clock X ray appointment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:38 am

woke up with cold toes..might wear socks in bed tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:29 am

It was 4c last night when I drove home at about 11pm the van gave a me a frost warning, lovely evening though. Went to the Dolphin, cracking couple of pints of Stoggs and some fish and chips from chippy. Unforch some neighbours of mine from up the road were in there and asked me to join them, what could I say? I was well happy sat there on my own flirting with the barmaids, neighbours are nice enough but boring wankers the pair of them. I then went fishing under the full moon where luckily no neighbours were present.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Mundane? I might have to move this one to the trolling dump thread, your neighbours might sue.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Either the pips on Radio 4 are wrong or the clock on my computer is several seconds slow.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:01 pm

I have noticed that my laptop is spot on with my radio controlled watch.....BUT the Dab radio is always two seconds different.....anyone know why ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:10 pm

zyph wrote:
I have noticed that my laptop is spot on with my radio controlled watch.....BUT the Dab radio is always two seconds different.....anyone know why ?

I change it via the mod panel just to wind you up, been doing it to Peggy for ages.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:57 pm

DAB sounds take longer to arrive because they're so complicated. I expect it's the same with time.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:55 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Saw a pheasant yesterday................in Stonehouse scratch
I'll probably see a peasant tomorrow ............ gotta go Excretia point and laugh
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm still dreadful at ironing shirts, after all these years. It always looks like I've slept in them.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I'm still dreadful at ironing shirts, after all these years. It always looks like I've slept in them.

When I was doing National Service we used to pay a corporals Chinese wife to do them. Used to charge a shilling a week, my pay was 21 shillings.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:33 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

When I was doing National Service we used to pay a corporals Chinese wife to do them.  Used to charge a shilling a week, my pay was 21 shillings.

We used to have a Dobi Walla in Aden.....who used to wash all our cloths.....he had a mark on each persons cloths......mine was four dots in a square.....I can't remember him misplacing or losing anything in all the time I was there......he charged a shilling a week and washed about fifty sets of cloths......he earnt about twice my RAF pay.......and was seen as quite well off in his community.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

I'm getting better at ironing shirts. On a good day I can do 3 in an hour! Embarassed

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:52 pm

zyph wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

When I was doing National Service we used to pay a corporals Chinese wife to do them.  Used to charge a shilling a week, my pay was 21 shillings.

We used to have a Dobi Walla in Aden.....who used to wash all our cloths.....he  had a mark on each persons cloths......mine was four dots in a square.....I can't remember him misplacing or losing anything in all the time I was there......he charged a shilling a week and washed about fifty sets of cloths......he earnt about twice my RAF pay.......and was seen as quite well off in his community.
In my previous life I was involved in a training course for Naval Gunfire Support. Arrived at Larkhill? Army place about
1 am. Up to my room (cabin) and unpacking when ''knock knock''. WTF? its 1.15 am Opened the door to find a small old guy who said ''Hello Sir - do you want your shoes cleaned or trousers pressed'' WTF! I just said ''No thankyou I'm fine tonight'' Only in an Army Officer Mess.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:07 am

Peggy wrote:
DAB sounds take longer to arrive because they're so complicated. I expect it's the same with time.

I think that's pretty much it.

Whatever is on all radio formats starts at exactly the same time but DAB (and listening on the internet) needs to be digitised before it is transmitted and then undigitised when it arrives. Most of the time this makes no difference but for something like the pips on the radio the FM ones (which are probably the most accurate) arrive at your ears a little before the DAB one does. The BBC app for radio on a mobile phone is much the same.

Similarly the commentary for Argyle on Argyle Player arrives quite some time after the Radio Devon FM signal does. In fact the tweets from those at the game usually arrive well before the commentary does. Quite why they should be routed through the internet as much fast as they are eludes me.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I think that's pretty much it.

Whatever is on all radio formats starts at exactly the same time but DAB (and listening on the internet) needs to be digitised before it is transmitted and then undigitised when it arrives. Most of the time this makes no difference but for something like the pips on the radio the FM ones (which are probably the most accurate) arrive at your ears a little before the DAB one does. The BBC app for radio on a mobile phone is much the same.

Similarly the commentary for Argyle on Argyle Player arrives quite some time after the Radio Devon FM signal does. In fact the tweets from those at the game usually arrive well before the commentary does. Quite why they should be routed through the internet as much fast as they are eludes me.

A lot of us didn't know that.........about DAB........who needs the Open University.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:11 am

helping someone move into a new house today and its bleddy psissing it down Mad
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:19 am

alannotivvy wrote:
helping someone move into a new house today and its bleddy psissing it down Mad

It'll be fine in an hour or two.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:33 am

Got my carer to put the bin out.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:38 am

After declaring to my wife on Friday "I haven't felt ill for ages", I've woken up today feeling ill. And I touched wood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 am

We arrived home, then notice we forgot the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next