Chemical Ali
Tringreen
Hitch
Dougie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Webb Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
How the hell is that "woe is me " ? . I decided not to post on Pasoti and fade away but the latest development has roused me . If I did anything else I would be accused of attention seeking .

You do seem to centre on me mate . Meet for a drink sometime ? You might be surprised .

LOL.  You make drama queen announcements that you're going to quit Pasoti if the Stapleton poll goes a certain way. Well it went the other way didn't it, so if you're gonna post attention-seeking crap like that, please don't be surprised when you get called out on it!

What is it with you Cornish? The fella from Lostwithiel seems to be right up there with you at the minute in the 'oh woe is me' stakes!

Seriously, what is the point of your latest thread? Other than to try and get others to sympathise with you?

The problem with us Cornish is we have 6 fingers and a tail but love to buy people a pint - lets meet and talk .

Meet and talk? You sound like your mate the site owner. You ain't gonna turn me I'm afraid, and besides, my drinking time is sacrosanct and pretty much always scheduled in with REAL MATES only.  clown 

Ok pal . I have met and know a couple of posters on here - they will let you know I am an OK guy . the offer is always there . Take care . by the way I am a very happy married dad and granddad and life is great . I hope you are well .
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 pm

cant wait to hear how he 'shunned' the directors box. yawn.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 pm

greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
How the hell is that "woe is me " ? . I decided not to post on Pasoti and fade away but the latest development has roused me . If I did anything else I would be accused of attention seeking .

You do seem to centre on me mate . Meet for a drink sometime ? You might be surprised .

LOL.  You make drama queen announcements that you're going to quit Pasoti if the Stapleton poll goes a certain way. Well it went the other way didn't it, so if you're gonna post attention-seeking crap like that, please don't be surprised when you get called out on it!

What is it with you Cornish? The fella from Lostwithiel seems to be right up there with you at the minute in the 'oh woe is me' stakes!

Seriously, what is the point of your latest thread? Other than to try and get others to sympathise with you?

The problem with us Cornish is we have 6 fingers and a tail but love to buy people a pint - lets meet and talk .

Meet and talk? You sound like your mate the site owner. You ain't gonna turn me I'm afraid, and besides, my drinking time is sacrosanct and pretty much always scheduled in with REAL MATES only.  clown 

Ok pal . I have met and know a couple of posters on here - they will let you know I am an OK guy . the offer is always there . Take care . by the way I am a very happy married dad and granddad and life is great . I hope you are well .

Erm, yeah I'm fine thanks....

Webb Watch - Page 2 Awkwar10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:49 pm

greensleeves wrote:
knecht wrote:
One of those "white shirts" was stood by the stage at the Guildhall meeting. Can't remember the big blokes name. Not sure there's a problem with that.

Equally that overflowing of janner joy was understandable as at that time emotions were running high with the relief of being saved from near extinction. "We're back from the dead ...." came the cry.

Your "white shirt" is an Ex professional boxer. Bit out of your league,,,,,as for "Back from the dead"   Chris Webb's words as well.

Must have had a glittering career if he is resorting to manning a bunch of pensioners
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Has anyone else connected with Argyle ever had this sort of 'minder' in attendance?

I noticed something similar on a couple of videos where Brent has spoken to fan groups.
Are they 'official'?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:47 pm

No their not. Kevin ( helps the GT's a lot ) and one or two others also helped when the Trust held the meetings at the Guildhall and Pavillions. We didn't have a clue how things were going to go at these meetings and thought it prudent to have some people specifically keeping an eye out for anybody who might have decided to have a little poke at Guilfoyle or Ridsdale for example. What you've seen in videos is probably the same blokes just keeping an unofficial eye out for any idiot who fancies making a tit of himself.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:06 am

Richard Blight wrote:
No their not. Kevin ( helps the GT's a lot ) and one or two others also helped when the Trust held the meetings at the Guildhall and Pavillions. We didn't have a clue how things were going to go at these meetings and thought it prudent to have some people specifically keeping an eye out for anybody who might have decided to have a little poke at Guilfoyle or Ridsdale for example. What you've seen in videos is probably the same blokes just keeping an unofficial eye out for any idiot who fancies making a tit of himself.

Didn't they spot  pig  then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:10 am

Richard Blight wrote:

Why didn't they get Brent in a headlock and smash him through the doors headfirst out into the street then ?  Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:12 am

i trust they were licensed otherwise if they put a finger on anyone they and the club (whoever hired them) would be prosecuted.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:24 am

Angry wrote:
i trust they were licensed otherwise if they put a finger on anyone they and the club (whoever hired them) would be prosecuted.

The Trust events, no one was hired. It was just a case of a few blokes who would have jumped in to stop anybody ruining the meeting, especially in front of the tv cameras. Call it volunteers doing a bit of unofficial crowd control in the unlikely event someone kicked off. We only had one bloke who got a bit up the pole at one of the Guildhall meetings but he stormed out of his own accord.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:43 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:

The Trust events, no one was hired. It was just a case of a few blokes who would have jumped in to stop anybody ruining the meeting, especially in front of the tv cameras. Call it volunteers doing a bit of unofficial crowd control in the unlikely event someone kicked off. We only had one bloke who got a bit up the pole at one of the Guildhall meetings but he stormed out of his own accord.

Makes no difference if they were volunteers or not it would have opened a can of worms and be very pricey if some smart alec notices they arent trained and dont have insurances for such matters.
Seen it happen so many times in my job and people never learn sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:12 am

Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Erm, yeah I'm fine thanks....

Webb Watch - Page 2 Awkwar10

go on go on go on meet me . I don't want to change your views or anything like that . Ask Frank .
Don't be shy . I promise to not be "woe is me or be an attention seeker " ,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:21 am

Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:

Makes no difference if they were volunteers or not it would have opened a can of worms and be very pricey if some smart alec notices they arent trained and dont have insurances for such matters.
Seen it happen so many times in my job and people never learn sadly.

The type of incidents they would be involved in would be prosecutable too - detaining someone who threw a bottle, punch etc. at Brent or Webb.

They are allowed to make citizens arrests with reasonable force, that should be enough to restrain one or two excited clowns.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 6:36 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Webb's statement reminds me of a Peep Show episode where SuperHans is expressing his outrage when Jez is kicked out of the band. Crocodile tears nothing more.
SuperHans grooming Sophie's brother as a band groupie was one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:26 am

greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:

If i meet you do i get to go into a directors box, sit at the Nickkkk Nickkkkk table while i scoff prawn sandwiches ?

If so ill put on my 'ATD was ere' T shirt.....never one to miss an opportunity me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 am

I will stand up for gg here - he is a genuine guy and good company. I don't always agree with his posts but I don't think he fully understands the history between some of the posters. At the same time I don't think we fully "get" gg at times. He is alot more realistic and cynical then his online persona suggests.

When he invites you for a pint he means exactly that. He is a good bloke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 8:14 am

greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Why do your type occupy the Internet forums when is all you want to do is meet in person? The only point in meeting would be to call each other wankers face to face.
Anyway you and yours have got the club that you deserve, it's a shame it's all been foisted on us non believers as well, bit rich for you to be bellyaching now isn't it?
How's your controller taking the news that you all backed the wrong horses? I've been known to back a single wrong horse but to back the whole card? Good work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:

So it's widely accepted then that the actions of Brent and his band of brothers (and his secretary De-Lar) have cause so much upset and anguish amongst fans, to the point that someone could try to attack him? Was it Newell's idea to hire in some 'lads' in case things got tasty?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:17 am

Green-genes is a tease. I was going to go to the pub he said he was going to be at to watch one of Argyle's televised games. If I remember rightly it was Menheniot (or maybe Pensilva .... or somewhere else ... I dunno brain as well as the rest of my body is going). At the last minute he stood me up by travelling to the match. I might even have bought him a pint. I can never forgive him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:27 am

I read Chris Webb's statement that distinguishes between Brent and the directors with interest. I took that as an expression of loyalty to a friend. That's important and good. I also think it was wrong. The implication is still that Brent "doesn't get football" (or even Argyle). If he doesn't get it now, he never will. Just as the Malignant Seven should, according to Chris, bear equal responsibility for administration so should the present board bear equal responsibility for this decision.

But there are far more important issues than deconstructing every utterance made by people such as Chris Webb. It takes the attention away from questions such as why does Brent want/need an injection of funds?. Why did the other directors refuse to chuck the odd pound or two into the bucket (especially as Richard Halliday was quick to invest in the commercial development)? What are the state of Argyle's finances? Is all of the money put into the club by Brent really in the form of loans? Is there a buy-out consortium waiting in the wings?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:48 am

Greengenes is one of the good guys. His support at GT events has been fantastic. Most of us freaks and weirdos on ATD couldn't or wouldn't see any good in whatever Brent did. The freaks and weirdos on the other site couldn't or wouldn't see any bad in whatever Brent did. When people like greengenes come out so strongly against the appalling choice of people in the Boardroom then, perhaps, the freaks and weirdos over on the other side may just realise St James' halo has slipped somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:17 am

If you want to be sick, then read Web twitter account
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:21 am

knecht wrote:
I read Chris Webb's statement that distinguishes between Brent and the directors with interest. I took that as an expression of loyalty to a friend. That's important and good. I also think it was wrong. The implication is still that Brent "doesn't get football" (or even Argyle). If he doesn't get it now, he never will. Just as the Malignant Seven should, according to Chris, bear equal responsibility for administration so should the present board bear equal responsibility for this decision.

But there are far more important issues than deconstructing every utterance made by people such as Chris Webb. It takes the attention away from questions such as why does Brent want/need an injection of funds?. Why did the other directors refuse to chuck the odd pound or two into the bucket (especially as Richard Halliday was quick to invest in the commercial development)? What are the state of Argyle's finances? Is all of the money put into the club by Brent really in the form of loans? Is there a buy-out consortium waiting in the wings?

There is that!

It's a delicate balance but the eye should be given to those points raised by Knecht above the exposure of Webb's treachery, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Some of the comments supporting El Presidente are unbelievable. Since he jumped the jolly ship AFT what he he ever done for the fans? Encouraged JB to set up the GASB to undermine the trust, then once it was set up didn't do anything to help it succeed; posted anti-trust posts under pseudonyms; went along with the clusterfuck; didn't say a dickie bird when JB asset stripped the corners of the ground and the 'small' area of land behind the existing grandstand into his pension pot; made no comment when it was finally announced that the vast majority of the income from the retail units was not going to PAFC as originally promised ....

He has demonstrated yet again where his loyalties lie - and it certainly ain't with the fans he purported to champion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 am

I am going to change my prediction that Webb will never resign to...

If Brent's folly really is going tits up then Webb will want to prepare for jumping, what better way then a speech of insincere passion that criticises the directors. Maybe Webb will jump before he is pushed in an attempt to distance himself from the shit heap that he has been defending and promoting for several years?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb Watch   Webb Watch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Webb Watch
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next