Tringreen
SwimWithTheTide
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Help: How to watch UK TV abroad Empty
PostSubject: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 6:20 am

Hi guys,

I'm currently in NZ for the month visiting my girlfriends' parents. Of course this is brilliant, EXCEPT the World Cup starts soon and the broadcasting of games here is quite limited. TVNZ (which is free) only have so many games and Sky (Subscription service) have some too. My girlfriends' family don't have Sky and I don't want to miss any of the England matches. Before any of you tell me not to be ridiculous and to go out and enjoy the holiday, don't worry I'll be doing that too - the group games k.o at 9, 7 and 4am so won't spoil my day times here. I'm just hoping that there's some computer whizz' on here who can help me and know how I can access the UK channels broadcasting games on my iPad.

Cheers,
Sam
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:20 am

Filmon.com provides perfect live BBC/ITV etc.

For live sports try wiziwig.com   click on live sports then select the sport.

Some streams are better than others. If it's Sky OR BT, the second link is often the best. Just ensure you care fully click on all the x's to remove ads.

Both filmon and wiziwig are free live streaming.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Spot on Tringy, that's the two I use as well and they are pretty reliable on the whole.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:20 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm currently in NZ for the month visiting my girlfriends' parents. Of course this is brilliant, EXCEPT the World Cup starts soon and the broadcasting of games here is quite limited. TVNZ (which is free) only have so many games and Sky (Subscription service) have some too. My girlfriends' family don't have Sky and I don't want to miss any of the England matches. Before any of you tell me not to be ridiculous and to go out and enjoy the holiday, don't worry I'll be doing that too - the group games k.o at 9, 7 and 4am so won't spoil my day times here. I'm just hoping that there's some computer whizz' on here who can help me and know how I can access the UK channels broadcasting games on my iPad.

Cheers,
Sam

Whereabouts in NZ are you? Shorely there would be a Sportsbar somewhere that recognises the significance of the World Cup!

Wiziwig is decent for web streaming. I don't have BT Sport but still watch all the live games on BT1 and 2 via Wiziwig. Watched both Froch - Groves fights too perfectly streamed.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 7:49 pm

if he misses the game the line up will cheer him up  study 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:30 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Hi guys,

Cheers,
Sam

Help: How to watch UK TV abroad Holidays-in-hell

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:29 am

Elias wrote:

That actually made me laugh Good Post 

I'm travelling the south and North Island while the group games are on Czar so unsure about sports bars, but it turns out all of the England games will be on TVNZ anyway - unless we're runners up in group D, as only the winner of group D match is shown in the first knockout round.

If necessary I'll try out what Trings recommend. Will test it out for the Honduras friendly. Cheers guys.  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:40 am

spowell92 wrote:
Elias wrote:

I'm travelling the south and North Island while the group games are on Czar so unsure about sports bars, but it turns out all of the England games will be on TVNZ anyway - unless we're runners up in group D, as only the winner of group D match is shown in the first knockout round.

If necessary I'll try out what Trings recommend. Will test it out for the Honduras friendly. Cheers guys.  Thumbs 

Just watched [on wiziwig] a Welsh ref helping the All Blacks to a narrow victory over a very good England side, short of several top players.

Game on for the next two tests and more importantly the World Cup in our own backyard.

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:08 am

Silly you for going there while the World Cup is on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:03 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Elias wrote:

I once travelled in the northernmost rural region of Vietnam, staying with the Hmong tribe who populated the hills living their basic way of life.

I walked into the town in the evening, about the size of Tavistock, and son found a pub which had Arsenal v Stoke City on.

Aside from the fact that the Vietnamese love Premier League football as much as the UK, it brought it home to me just how global the Premier League's appeal and coverage extends.  And similarly how even the poorest most rrmote regions of the world hav satellite TV.

The only place the world cup won't be on is probably the Amazon basin. An ex pat colony like NZ will have ample England/WC coverage -bear in mind they qualified in 2010 - and went UNDEFEATED.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 pm

the only side not to lose a game too !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Super Rory Fallon innit.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Kiwi is lovely, lovely women, beer, fishing!

Spent plenty of time there as a nipper.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Yeah it really is truly beautiful here. Can't wait to travel down to the South Island on Thursday.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Bluff, Napier, Whangerei, Mount Manganui, beautiful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:30 pm

I've got friends on South Island who are getting married next year, flights aren't cheap but I'm well tempted to go, to keep costs down I was thinking of leaving the missus at home.
What did your flights cost if you don't mind me asking Spolly? About £750 when I had a quick look.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Definitely worth the trip.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:13 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Hi guys,

Cheers,
Sam
Hey Spoz-dawg,

If I was in New Zealand I think would devise an elaborate system of magnified mirrors which are pointing towards your own TV set in England. OBVO you'd have to get permission from the Chinese for use of their airspace; better safe than sozza, ask the Malaysians.

Chaars,
MockyC
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Iggy wrote:
I've got friends on South Island who are getting married next year, flights aren't cheap but I'm well tempted to go, to keep costs down I was thinking of leaving the missus at home.
What did your flights cost if you don't mind me asking Spolly?  About £750 when I had a quick look.

If you can get returns for £750 then book them straight away! My girlfriend and I were being quoted between £1000 - £1200 each but managed to get a deal for about £850. Certainly not cheap, but it's worth it.

Despite the trip being pretty long and gruelling it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. We flew from Gatwick to Dubai on one of Emirates new double decker planes, which despite being in the cheap (used very loosely) seats was still very roomy and comfortable. Dubai to Bangkok was on a more standard and older emirates plane and was very tiring, but the vast majority of people on that flight got off at Bangkok and we boarded the same (now near empty) plane for to Sydney. All drinks (including alcoholic) were complimentary and because the plane was so empty the air stewards were handing out 3 or 4 at a time Laughing Plus everyone on the flight was able to find a row of seats for themselves and could lay out on them to get some decent sleep. So all in all, a surprisingly good trip. 26 hours in the air, about 39 hours total trip if you include waiting in airports and driving to Gatwick.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:26 pm

seadog wrote:
Bluff, Napier, Whangerei, Mount Manganui, beautiful.

We're doing Christchurch to Queenstown and back again on our little South Island tour, stopping at places like Lake Wanaka and Mount Cook along the way. Then for a North Island tour we're doing Napier, Gisborne, Rotorua and Taupo (I think). Should be pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 6:26 am

Dunedin is worth a shout, good beer, rugby...a proper Kiwi town. You can also drive up the world's steepest street.

If I won the lottery I'd take the family to NZ like a shot, lovely place with a nod of respect to the original inhabitants of the island unlike their more robust cousins to the north. Not perfect by any means but certainly more respectful (I found anyway).
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:14 am

Very good times in Kiwi.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Try this (once you've checked out its legal status, of course).

http://help.unotelly.com/support/articles/195522-how-to-watch-the-world-cup-2014-for-free-
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Try this (once you've checked out its legal status, of course).

http://help.unotelly.com/support/articles/195522-how-to-watch-the-world-cup-2014-for-free-

I'd be wary of any streaming site that requires you to sign up or download anything before you can watch.

If you're not able to access TV coverage and need to watch online use FSI or wiziwig.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 6:37 am

Christchurch was quite solemn. The effect of the 2011 quake is still very visable with construction sights or ruined buildings round almost every corner. It's post apocalyptic in places. So much work left to be done there, but you can see how hard the people there are working to rebuild their city. One of the first thing that strikes you is the amount of storage crates piled all over the city. They're being used in the rebuild process, converted into shops and cafés - most notibly at the re:start mall.

Drove down to Wanaka today from Christchurch and stopped at Lake Tekapo along the way to enjoy the hot springs. The sights along the drive were truly jaw dropping. You can see why Peter Jackson chose NZ for LotR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help: How to watch UK TV abroad   Help: How to watch UK TV abroad Empty

Back to top Go down

Help: How to watch UK TV abroad
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next