seadog
greensleeves
Highwayman
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ballboy1958EGS

Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Thought Andy’s comments in the Herald were spot on and being an AFT member who is not on the board would fully support his view, it pretty much exactly how I feel about all that is happening at present
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 pm

hairy j wrote:
So, why doesn't Dane like this 'Andy' and why does Rickler dislike 'Andy' and why does greensleeves want to twist a fairly conservative article statement into a huge rift in the AFT?

Speaking for myself...   Why don't you ask your old man, he seems to know why?

Or then again..  You can ask the fountain of knowledge that is Gob?

You can't be asking me, because you 'ignore' what I write!

But a hint... He didn't ask my "question" is bottom of the long list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 pm

You can click on 'see the message' - sometimes I do, sometimes, I don't.

Thanks for not answering - so GOB, why does Rickler not like 'Andy'?

Personally, it's what most of us think - that small cluster of fans.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:32 pm

I'd rather not go over old ground. But put it this way his behaviour caused him to get a visit from the police and thrown out of the cricket team we were in.

The man is a knob. Wouldn't blink if he had an accident
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 pm

hairy j wrote:
You can click on 'see the message' - sometimes I do, sometimes, I don't.

Thanks for not answering - so GOB, why does Rickler not like 'Andy'?

Personally, it's what most of us think - that small cluster of fans.

LOl.. You always click, you can't help yourself.

..and I did answer. I just didn't tell you what you wanted to know. But off you go again... Thinking for everyone else?

Tell me... What does most of "us" think?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:43 pm

I have spoken to two aft board members who both give 100% support to Andy's statement.

The posts on the AFT account on here have not been written by Andy in the past and I doubt if this one has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I have spoken to two aft board members who both give 100% support to Andy's statement.

The posts on the AFT account on here have not been written by Andy in the past and I doubt if this one has.

I think you'll find some have, unless i'm seriously mistaken i'm pretty sure he posted with the AFT account a few months ago, apologies in advance if my memory is playing tricks on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

I think you'll find some have, unless i'm seriously mistaken i'm pretty sure he posted with the AFT account a few months ago, apologies in advance if my memory is playing tricks on me.

he has done Damon i know it as i spoke to him using he account in the past. No biggy though its not like he is trying to be deep throat/greensleeves/windsor boy/boris/etc etc
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Possibly Jack, maybe I should have said most of the posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 11:03 pm

knecht wrote:
hairy j wrote:
....... Other than a relatively small cluster of Argyle fans, most people (including a large cluster of Argyle fans) are oblivious to the entire project. I know that's anecdotal and my own take but local people won't read much beyond a headline.

I think you're right. I've done the odd straw-poll amongst Argyle supporters who frequent neither site & who probably don't read the Erald either. The common response has been that they don't know any of the controversy but would like a new stand and a successful team

That's a bit like most voters in elections. That shouldn't stop those who wish to protect the club from trying to get the message across. I see the Erald article as being one step in that direction. Nothing really controversial, nothing that hasn't been seen on here or on pasoti but useful in disseminating that information to a few more people.

(As for Greensleeves .....  there there  Your intention to be contrary is bettered only by Tis and (excuse me hairy) by the much missed sensible.)

sensible being contrary.....can he not have an opinion without it being seen as contrary....come back sensible all is forgiven (by some anyway).
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:15 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Well the "Andy is cozy with Martyn" post where he referred to himself in the third person was definitely written by Andy Symons, unless a fellow AFT board member deliberately lied to me in a PM when I asked publically who had written the post.

The Question is why?

Why is the leader of the AFT afraid to post under his own name?  It seems a bit cynical of the AFT to be calling for transparency from Argyle when its own leader won't put his own name to his own words..

And referring to yourself in the third person..  Give me a break.

Pretentious, moi?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 am

Rickler wrote:

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Well the "Andy is cozy with Martyn" post where he referred to himself in the third person was definitely written by Andy Symons, unless a fellow AFT board member deliberately lied to me in a PM when I asked publically who had written the post.

The Question is why?

Why is the leader of the AFT afraid to post under his own name?  It seems a bit cynical of the AFT to be calling for transparency from Argyle when its own leader won't put his own name to his own words..

And referring to yourself in the third person..  Give me a break.

Pretentious, moi?

Why are any of us? remember what happen on pasoti when people started posting under their real names? i am not a fan of it and those names get used on here to register new accounts.

I dont have an issue with Andy or tim using the Trust's account for trust related matters providing what is posted has the backing of the others then there is no problem. If either or wants to make personal statements then i believe they should put their initials at the end of the post so people know its their opinion and not necessarily shared by the others.

Same could be applied for greensleeves and hell why not the mod and keyholder account too.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:26 am

Andy is the leader of the trust.  If he's too scared to post official Trust comments under his own name he should step down as he is clearly not up to the job.  Besides... He has no problem talking to the Herald.

I understand the AFT might like most if not all their missives under one name, no problem, but like I have said before (and you are now), those posts, made on this site under the umbrella of the AFT username should be signed off with the initials of whoever wrote it.  What reasons can they have for not doing that?

Sooner or later down the line, things are going to be written under the guise of the AFT username that when the shit hits the fan, nobody will admit to writing.  The blame game will start, and the writing in question will all be blamed on somebody who is conveniently no longer with the AFT or for some reason can't be named or identified.

If they are not going to initial their posts, I would like to hear their reasons for not personally wanting to stand by whatever statement they have issued.

If the PASB were acting in this way we would never be hearing the end of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 am

GOB wrote:
I'm thinking there should be a 'Spot the personal vendetta' thread  laugh 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:05 am

Grow up Gob,  You're out of ideas and nothing much more than a Troll these days.

I see you haven't answered the question of whether its weird to talk about yourself in the third person?

I know your partner Cerbera also liked to talk in the third person,  so it seem you have a predilection to that in somebody.  

And the fact that it is slightly deceitful (in Andy's case) would put it right up your street.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:24 am

GOB wrote:
GOB wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up for me GOB.

The shared AFT account is fine by me. It doesn't matter who uses it on the AFT and, from a positive perspective, it shows a unified AFT.
I got the gist of the 'issue' from Angry quoting Rickler - just for Rickler's benefit.

I'm not sure why Dane's cricket team is relevant but it explains Dane's disdain - or muddies the water with innuendo.

The article then - rather than what GOB rightly points out - good on the AFT for representing fans - it's about AFT 6 PASB 0 so far and most fans who've kept an interest in the HHP development will agree with what 'Andy' has said.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:46 am

If anything is going to change significantly for the better re HHP, the Trust desperately needs to bring a respected big puncher like GC onboard .

Additionally,in order to be more credible, it must grow membership wise and to achieve that, it should reach out to as many Argyle people as possible, including leaflet handouts at matches [outside the ground of course because they will be sent to Coventry again], clearly stating the case against the current proposals and the lack of willingness by PAFC to be transparent and answer questions.

Failure to mobilise the potential fanbase will result in further smoke n mirrors and the longer term demise of the football club's potential to be anything other than an ongoing Avivafest.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 am

hairy j wrote:
GOB wrote:
GOB wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up for me GOB.

LOl.  Clueless fooled yet again.  Hardly surprising by now though is it?

If Toby Hooper was doing for the PASB what Andy Symons is doing with regards to posting and the AFT username, half the people on this site would be having kittens.

But not Gob and Hairy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:33 am

Of all the bodies involved from PAFC itself to the L.A. Freedom Front,. the AFT is most likely to represent the feelings of grass roots fans.
I assume the AFT statements on here are roughly in accordance with the feeling of Trust members, certainly more so than the hand picked fans.
I'm not bothered which board member uses the AFT account. It's not exactly some nasty Pasoti Deep Throat or threatening greenman account, and we all know who's on the Board.
One would have thought some people on here would have been happy an AFT leader has put his name to his thoughts in the Herald. Obviously not it would seem. Can't please everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:36 am

Putting his thoughts in the Herald and talking about himself in the third person on here are two completely different things.

I for one, doubt that Andy is "cozy" with "Martyn" at all...

The evidence of this would be a complete lack of info on the supporters bar. Or anything else for that matter.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:45 am

greensleeves wrote:
Guys... if you guys care to read other peoples posts as well as mine you would see that a great many posters were also not sure if this was Andy Symons or a Trust viewpoint.Greenskin ....I think I must move in different circles to you as everyone I talk to in the business lounge are more than happy with the grandstand arrangements...GOB...,farm managers all out today I'm afraid and TCM's busy trimming hedges....

That would be because the shelf is designed to segregate the corporates from the morlocks, so no chance of the current free-for-all of blaggers getting into lounge at half time. The lower level will be no doubt be as overstretched as the rest of ground
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:07 am

Just to remind everybody....

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
Greensleeves seems to be working under the assumption that Andy wrote the article.

He didn't.

The delays to the HHP build were announced, and Chris Errington contacted Andy for his thoughts. Not because Andy sits in Block 7, but because Andy is Chair of the AFT. The Article's headline refers to the Chairman of the AFT. The article refers to Andy as Chair of the AFT. It was in that capacity that Andy responded to Chris's request for a few thoughts which form the basis of the article.

The consensus so far amongst those Board members who've read the piece is that it's fair comment. As usual, some AFT members will disagree, some will agree but what Andy has always attempted to do is put across what he and the Board believe to be the majority view of AFT members.

If this was written by "Andy" - and as yet we don't know, which in itself is problematic - then I find the 'All Andy, all the time'  very strange to say the very least.

Even if it wasn't by him..  I find it strange.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:37 am

Chris Errington Chief Football Writer on the Herald asks Andy Symons (AFT Chairman) his views on the delay to the HHP development.

AFT agrees that what Andy said was 'fair comment'...so what is the problem.

It seems to me that turning a molehill into a mountain of a debate smells of resentment and personal attack on Andy Symons.....who is part of the only body that truly belongs to the supporters of PAFC.

Surely there are more important problems to debate than underminding this one true outlet for supporters views the AFT....(member 202).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:55 am

Rickler wrote:
Putting his thoughts in the Herald and talking about himself in the third person on here are two completely different things.

I for one, doubt that Andy is "cozy" with "Martyn" at all...

The evidence of this would be a complete lack of info on the supporters bar.  Or anything else for that matter.
Actually Ricks, I too doubt there is a cozy relationship. Outside of the admitted main sponsor and Pasoti singing from the same hymn sheet, I doubt there are any cozy relationships to be had with any fan where Jimmy's interests are involved.

This country tends to have a culture of allowing group identities to stand separate from individuals that is even backed up on the statute book. One either respects that or one doesn't. So, what's the big deal here. Veils of separate identity are only lifted when there is suspected dodgy activity. There is nothing improper about the statement in the Herald or the AFT explanation on here as to how the article came about, in fact I thought the AFT statement on here interesting in itself.
As for the supporters' bar I don't think that or anything else will be discussed any time soon given that the plans are in complete disarray it would seem. Not only that, any stadium comment is hardly worth the air it uses, given the continual mission creep and obfuscation we have been treated to so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:34 pm

I'd hate to see Rickler in a proper meeting with a chair - it would blow his mind. 'Andy' speaking in the third person is hardly a rampant crime against humanity.

Can the AFT account person please explain why Rickler dislikes this 'Andy' character? GOB did but Rickler refutes this. Hairy J would like to know.

Bit off topic but the bloke who's immortal in Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy reminds me of someone...

Quote :
In the end, it was Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness that starts to set in at about 2:55 when you know you've taken all the baths you can usefully take that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the newspaper you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

So things began to pall for him. The merry smiles he used to wear at other people's funerals began to fade. He began to despise the Universe in general, and everybody in it in particular.

This was the point at which he conceived his purpose, the thing that would drive him on, and which, as far as he could see, would drive him on forever. It was this:

He would insult the Universe.

That is, he would insult everybody in it. Individually, personally, one by one, and (this was the thing he really decided to grit his teeth over) in Alphabetical Order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andy tells it how it is
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next