greensleeves
Highwayman
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Highwayman

Highwayman

Andy tells it how it is Empty
PostSubject: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:51 am

But I wouldn't mind betting his popularity has hit an all time low in some quarters. I presume also that he is speaking on behalf of the trust and these are not mainly just his own views. Well done Andy but I doubt Brent and co will ever communicate with you again after your home truths.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:27 am

"I hope I'm proved wrong but I'm sceptical" would suggest that these are Andy's personal views rather than those of the Trust. I would be interested to hear what other board members have to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 am

It doesn't sound like he was talking on behalf of the trust....there is not a 'we the trust' feel to his comments....it would have carried more weight if it had,maybe I'm wrong if so he should have made that clear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 am

Shame if it is only his own views - just what the trust needs to be saying!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 am

Talk about grasping at straws! Nit-picking at its best.

He is the chair of the AFT. Presumably the AFT talk with each other. Presumably he has a notion of what AFT policy is. If it does vary from an 'official line' I would assume that it both reflects his own opinion as well as not deviating significantly. That's how all organisations work.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:10 am

Hardly controversial is it? feck me James Brent himself could have written it, already denounced as an attack by one commentator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 am

The paper asked him for his views, what did they expect?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 am

greensleeves wrote:
"I hope I'm proved wrong but I'm sceptical" would suggest that these are Andy's personal views rather than those of the Trust. I would be interested to hear what other board members have to say.
After the last few months I would say Andy Symons' comments are the views of many many Argyle fans, and probably the large majority. It is your "everything is rosy in the development garden" opinion that is personal, and without foundation.
Events, delays and comments from the club speak for themselves. You carry on burying your head if you wish. You're appearing more and more a fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Finally the herald prints somebody's actual opinion that isnt towing the party line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Am I right in thinking this hasn't been put on Pasoti? I was expecting an anti-Trust shitstorm over there but can't see any thread.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:34 pm

If Andy is speaking for himself and it is not a Trust viewpoint,then he should put his Argyle supporters hat on,and not his AFT chairman's hat.I disagree with your viewpoint completely,people I speak to are really looking forward to a new grandstand and the corporate facilities that it will provide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:40 pm

greensleeves wrote:
If Andy is speaking for himself and it is not a Trust viewpoint,then he should put his Argyle supporters hat on,and not his AFT chairman's hat.I disagree with your viewpoint completely,people I speak to are really looking forward to a new grandstand and the corporate facilities that it will provide.

I don't think he had any particular hat on....the paper introduced him as AFT Chair.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Greensleeves seems to be working under the assumption that Andy wrote the article.

He didn't.

The delays to the HHP build were announced, and Chris Errington contacted Andy for his thoughts. Not because Andy sits in Block 7, but because Andy is Chair of the AFT. The Article's headline refers to the Chairman of the AFT. The article refers to Andy as Chair of the AFT. It was in that capacity that Andy responded to Chris's request for a few thoughts which form the basis of the article.

The consensus so far amongst those Board members who've read the piece is that it's fair comment. As usual, some AFT members will disagree, some will agree but what Andy has always attempted to do is put across what he and the Board believe to be the majority view of AFT members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Straight from the horses mouth...can't do better than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:40 pm

greensleeves wrote:

i have to say i prefer the village idiot who uses commas all the time on here.... any chance you could bring him back al?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Angry wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

i have to say i prefer the village idiot who uses commas all the time on here.... any chance you could bring him back al?

It's quite remarkable how the posting style changes isn't it.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
Greensleeves seems to be working under the assumption that Andy wrote the article.

He didn't.

The delays to the HHP build were announced, and Chris Errington contacted Andy for his thoughts. Not because Andy sits in Block 7, but because Andy is Chair of the AFT. The Article's headline refers to the Chairman of the AFT. The article refers to Andy as Chair of the AFT. It was in that capacity that Andy responded to Chris's request for a few thoughts which form the basis of the article.

The consensus so far amongst those Board members who've read the piece is that it's fair comment. As usual, some AFT members will disagree, some will agree but what Andy has always attempted to do is put across what he and the Board believe to be the majority view of AFT members.

A strong leadership team in action right there. Take note PASB...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

It's quite remarkable how the posting style changes isn't it.

and the location of the posts fluxin too lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Highwayman wrote:
But I wouldn't mind betting his popularity has hit an all time low in some quarters. I presume also that he is speaking on behalf of the trust and these are not mainly just his own views. Well done Andy but I doubt Brent and co will ever communicate with you again after your home truths.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not exactly controversial is it?
But as others have commented it is a counter Brent view nethertheless, although I think quite a few are now wondering how serious is the H.P development for Brent considering the hideous poorly thought out plans and initial pathetic artists impressions and his other project proposals for Plymouth
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:20 pm

He didn't.

AFT...I didn't assume that Andy wrote the article at all.But it wasn't clear to me whether he was speaking on behalf of the Trust or whether he was speaking as Andy the fan who sits in Block 7. As Trust chairman then it would not be unreasonable would it not to believe that this was a Trust held viewpoint,when in fact it is not the widely held view at all....
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:28 pm

greensleeves wrote:

He didn't.

AFT...I didn't assume that Andy wrote the article at all.But it wasn't clear to me whether he was speaking on behalf of the Trust or whether he was speaking as Andy the fan who sits in Block 7. As Trust chairman then it would not be unreasonable would it not to believe that this was a Trust held viewpoint,when in fact it is not the widely held view at all....

All i can say is that you must move in different circles than me as far as support for the "grandstand" is concerned.Most that i've spoken to certainly don't think that Brent's proposals are adequate for Argyle's future ambitions or needs.Where is the evidence that "it is not the widely held view at all",either within or without the AFT?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:29 pm

You'd think if the Farm Controllers had any sense of guile or panache, they'd send someone across here who could actually lay down a credible argument once in a while.

Who do they send ? Oddball.  lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:32 pm

You cannot change the opinion of someone that has no desire to be changed Sam, even if it's to the benefit of the Club they claim to support.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Guys... if you guys care to read other peoples posts as well as mine you would see that a great many posters were also not sure if this was Andy Symons or a Trust viewpoint.Greenskin ....I think I must move in different circles to you as everyone I talk to in the business lounge are more than happy with the grandstand arrangements...GOB...,farm managers all out today I'm afraid and TCM's busy trimming hedges....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 pm

greensleeves wrote:

He didn't.

NO its the view that HHP is a good deal for plymouth and for the club i think you will find isnt a widely held view,,,,,,except,,,,,on pastoi the home of propaganda,,,,,,,,,,
...../////
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy tells it how it is   Andy tells it how it is Empty

Back to top Go down

Andy tells it how it is
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next