mouldyoldgoat
Elias
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

In the "News" today. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:12 am

Oh knecht I'm sorry....so you don't want me to throw a party for your 10,000 post....remember you could have been on one again.

I admit not a good joke for a church service....but I bet it stopped some people in there tracks when they thought about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:22 am

Zyph wrote:
I admit not a good joke for a church service....but I bet it stopped some people in there tracks when they thought about it.

Nah.... it was preaching to the converted. I prefer my Christians to be out working quietly. Luke 9:48

I'll stop there before this becomes a religious discussion. Never wise in the wrong place.  study 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:24 am

anyone thought she may be a christian?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am

Mapperley, darling wrote:

scratch 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 am

im giving the bbc some leeway, in that they are not dumbing down as usual and that she infact holds the beliefs she spouts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:30 am

im giving the bbc  some leeway, in that they are not dumbing down as usual and that she infact holds the beliefs she spouts

Yes, my  scratch  was to support you.

As for Thought For Today it's never been the same since Rabbi Blue had to step back.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:32 am

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:07 am

knecht wrote:
Zyph wrote:

Nah.... it was preaching to the converted. I prefer my Christians to be out working quietly. Luke 9:48

I'll stop there before this becomes a religious discussion. Never wise in the wrong place.  study 

Yes I agree with that scripture......just remember, that was talking of those that were still alive.....coffins are for those that are not.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

That's fine....so she can speak as Dawn French....not as a fictitious person....simple.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 am

ah, was unaware that she was speaking as the vicar. in that case its the beeb dumbing down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 pm

My brother knew Ms French as a youngster. He says she was a bullying, nasty piece of work.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:05 pm

knecht wrote:
My brother knew Ms French as a youngster. He says she was a bullying, nasty piece of work.

Au contraire - she was the bullied one as a result of her weight. She fought back with a sharp acid wit that reduced the bully boys and girls to emotional rubble. Good for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Hitch wrote:
knecht wrote:

Au contraire - she was the bullied one as a result of her weight. She fought back with a sharp acid wit that reduced the bully boys and girls to emotional rubble. Good for her.

Yours & my comment aren't exclusive. She may have been bullied but she also did her share with younger kids.

But this is silly, here I am debating the victimhood or otherwise of bloody Dawn French. I started it - sorry.

Are you from Ernie?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:00 am

Daily Mirror (Sat 8th)

The Lib Dems were beaten by the  'Elvis Party'  in a by-election yesterday,leaving Nick Clegg humiliated.

The party managed fifth place in the Nottingham City council poll with just 56 votes ....that's right fifty six votes, 11 fewer than the Elvis candidate David Bishop......his platform included a vow to give a 30% OAP discount in brothels.

A Lib Dem spokesman said the party was "all shook up" by the result.....at least the spokesman had a sense of humour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pissing in the wind but maybe a worthwhile local issue to fight about.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Bob Crow has died aged just 52.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Did his Union proud....man of principles....not many left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:19 pm

For or against the EU, it looks like Labour have already blown the next election.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:42 pm

GOB wrote:
For or against the EU, it looks like Labour have already blown the next election.

"The key initiative the Labour leader is what he calls a "new lock" which means no in-out referendum unless there is a transfer of powers from the UK to the EU"

Only a minor caveat put in place then?  laugh Tosser.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:44 pm

People who absolutely want OUT of the EU are usually quite stupid and will bring up the fact that all Europe has done is straighten cucumbers.
Does any one know how much it will actually cost to hold a referendum?

Looking at the issue without a little Englander hat on is necessary. People complain they'll lose autonomy etc. need to realise just how much autonomy we've lost due to globalised economics.

Also, why are politicians so eager to ask the public a question so huge and important when we elect them to make these precise decisions? I'd rather MPs did what they are supposed to do. You make the decisions you are paid to make.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:58 pm

hairy j wrote:
People who absolutely want OUT of the EU are usually quite stupid

Love the way the terminally unbright find it so easy to ascribe epithets such as stupid to anyone that has a contrary opinion to their own on any given subject. There are a multitude of reasons why one might not want to be part of the EUSSR, political, economic, rational and irrational, I'd list a few but I have no doubt the likes of Hairy would struggle to understand any of them.

Me, I don't like unelected arse wipes like Barroso and Ashton making decisions for me, I don't like Camoron and Clegg doing it either but I respect their right to do so based on votes cast in an election I was able to take part in.

£120 BILLION a year goes missing unaccountably within the EUSSR budget, £50 MILLION pounds a day on average goes directly from our pockets to the EUSSR bureaucrats who then let us have less than half of it back as long as it is spent on hideously wasteful boondoggles, graft and corruption being their watchwords, and that doesn't include our contribution to the clusterfook which cleaning up the mess created by the EURO will continue to bring for the foreseeable future.

We were suckered into it by a Kiddy fiddling wank stain, we deserve the chance to explore the possibilities which throwing off the shackles of the EUSSR straight jacket might bring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Such eloquence has certainly committed me to your cause, your Lordship.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 6:45 am

Hey Tis, you didn't use the phrase "uh duh".

A YES/NO vote will just see a scare mongering YES/NO media campaign like they've had in Scotland. If you genuinely think that David Cameron runs the country due to the wishes of the electorate, you're mad. Vast amounts of our money - much more than £50m a day, is spent by non-elected committees and groups in our own country. At least you can vote for an MEP - you can't vote someone like Atos out, you can't vote in/out a headmaster of an Academy school and etc. etc. and on and on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:31 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Love the way the terminally unbright find it so easy to ascribe epithets such as stupid to anyone that has a contrary opinion to their own on any given subject.

lol! That's rich coming from you, Tiddles.

So, an "unshackled" Westminster parliament is going to make the world a whole better place ? santa 
Guess what those Westminster boys are up to now. The rest of Europe votes for regeneration money for the next 7 years to go to the poorest regions within Europe. The Brits negotiate yet another opt out, and what do they see fit to do ? They vote to give the money to some of the richest UK areas rather than the poorest. You couldn't make it up. Only at the Bullingdon club.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 am

There was a time when ....that Bullingdon Club Photo.....was banned by right wing newspapers and the antics of rich sons....having to book up their next get together secretly.....because no vendor would openly take their bookings.....because their wining and dining would end up by them trashing the venue.....and their rich daddies would pick up the repair bills.......Do you remember that Prime Minister Cameron and London Mayor Boris Johnson.....oh I must get my off springs into that lovely character building Eton.....the back bone of our lords and masters.

Okay,I've given you just a teeny weeny clue..... of who I'm not voting for next spring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the "News" today.
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next