lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

In the "News" today. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Crazy as...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:28 am

Daily Telegraph (Tues 4th)

Prunella Scales,the actress,is suffering from a "sort of alzheimer's",her husband Timothy West has disclosed.

West,who has been married to the Fawlty Towers star 50yrs,says the women he loved "doesn't really exist anymore"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Zyph wrote:
Daily Telegraph (Tues 4th)

Prunella Scales,the actress,is suffering from a "sort of alzheimer's",her husband Timothy West has disclosed.

West,who has been married to the Fawlty Towers star 50yrs,says the women he loved "doesn't really exist anymore"

Terribly sad. A bit to close to home for me. What an awful disease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 am

My mother dies in a very good nursing home in Higher St Budeaux just less than a year ago. She has dementia. I wouldn't wish that on anyone or their relatives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:57 am

I see the Herald, that can find no space for the news regarding Brent's empire 'hick-up', has however managed to promote Central Park as a dogging capital...

Quote :
A POPULAR park and an historic beauty spot have been named on a list of sites where strangers meet for sex in front of spectators.

The underground practice – known as dogging – involves people performing sex acts in cars or in secluded spots while others watch.

Those who take part claim the activity falls through a legal loophole because it is not an offence to have sex in public unless it causes outrage to a witness.

Participants often meet and share information online, and several websites contain lists of popular dogging locations across the region.

These include Central Park, Devil's Point, Jennycliff, Thorn Park in Mannamead and car parks in Ivybridge and Plympton.

A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said the force is trying to tackle the anti social behaviour, but its powers to stop it are limited.

"Having sex in a public place is not actually an offence – the offence is one of public indecency, or public nuisance – so it's difficult to enforce any law. We cannot arrest anyone simply for having sex in a public place," he said.

"We are aware of the issue, and we've asked officers to disrupt the problem. We say to people to tell the police about it and we'll see how we can deal with it, but ultimately it's not just down to the police, it's also one for the local authority."

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:07 am

Thorn Park??

That's a new one on me.....  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:07 am

GOB wrote:
I see the Herald, that can find no space for the news regarding Brent's empire 'hick-up', has however managed to promote Central Park as a dogging capital...

Quote :
A POPULAR park and an historic beauty spot have been named on a list of sites where strangers meet for sex in front of spectators.

The underground practice – known as dogging – involves people performing sex acts in cars or in secluded spots while others watch.

Those who take part claim the activity falls through a legal loophole because it is not an offence to have sex in public unless it causes outrage to a witness.

Participants often meet and share information online, and several websites contain lists of popular dogging locations across the region.

These include Central Park, Devil's Point, Jennycliff, Thorn Park in Mannamead and car parks in Ivybridge and Plympton.

A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said the force is trying to tackle the anti social behaviour, but its powers to stop it are limited.

"Having sex in a public place is not actually an offence – the offence is one of public indecency, or public nuisance – so it's difficult to enforce any law. We cannot arrest anyone simply for having sex in a public place," he said.

"We are aware of the issue, and we've asked officers to disrupt the problem. We say to people to tell the police about it and we'll see how we can deal with it, but ultimately it's not just down to the police, it's also one for the local authority."

Nice to know it isn't only the Argyle fans who use parts of Central Park that end up getting shafted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 am

Perhaps the site could be incorporated into a commercial development and then money could be made from it. It could certainly solve one of the problems around letting vacant units at HHP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:12 am

Dogging On Ice?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:30 am

Hot Dogging (in the hotel sauna)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:35 am

And when needed the film "Doggings of War" could be let loose in the cinema to inspire the disgruntled fans.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:47 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Thorn Park??

What a strange venue - wonder if the good people of Thorn Park watch from their beautifully dressed windows...... It's just around the corner from me so I might go lurking one night to see what I can see.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 am

It's the shipping forecast that gets me. What with Vikings, Fishnets, German Bites and a Dogger in there somewhere - it gets all very weird, post watershed if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Take your camera, babe.

Hitch, I could lend you my hearing aids..... though you might want to keep things as they are - all that excitement at that time of night! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:54 pm

knecht wrote:
Take your camera, babe.

Hitch, I could lend you my hearing aids..... though you might want to keep things as they are - all that excitement at that time of night! Very Happy 

Take scorecards maybe - as some wag has suggested on the 'arrold thread.....
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:14 pm

This made I larf...... reet bhey?
Janner George
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:49 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Thorn Park??

What a strange venue - wonder if the good people of Thorn Park watch from their beautifully dressed windows......  It's just around the corner from me so I might go lurking one night to see what I can see.   Razz 

I had a girlfriend who lived up the road from Thorn Park, we used to take a blanket down there on a summers evening and things did happen on the blanket, I wasn't aware of anybody watching us but I was busy at the time.
 Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Oh Dear

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh 
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:38 am

Daily Telegraph (Fri 7th)

Thought for the Day.

"Dawn French is to step back into her role as the Vicar of Dibley To deliver the Thought for the Day on Radio 4's Today Programme on March 29th."

Talk about dumming down an important moment...that some people with a faith find helpful to start the day with....is beyond belief.

Make belief fantasy taking over the real world.

Don't get me wrong....I enjoyed the Vicar of Dibley......but it ain't real life.....reminds me of situations on Eastenders/Coronation St when people would send wedding cards or sympathy cards etc to the programmes when people got married or died on the programme.

There is a real world outside your front doors and people to befriend....give me strength.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:42 am

Zyph wrote:

Thought for the Day.

"Dawn French is to step back into her role as the Vicar of Dibley To deliver the Thought for the Day on Radio 4's Today Programme on March 29th."

Talk about dumming down an important moment...that some people with a faith find helpful to start the day with....is beyond belief.

Don't get me wrong....I enjoyed the Vicar of Dibley......but it ain't real life.....reminds me of situations on Eastenders/Coronation St when people would send wedding cards or sympathy cards etc to the programmes when people got married or died on the programme.

There is a real world outside your front doors and people to befriend....give me strength.

For once, I agree with you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:54 am

Zyph wrote:

Thought for the Day.

Sorry Zyph, but I can't resist this - the highlighted bit is EXACTLY what all religion is.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:55 am

Tring you devil you......you've had a sneaky little look at my post....and I thought you were ignoring me.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:58 am

Hitch wrote:
Zyph wrote:

Thought for the Day.

Sorry Zyph, but I can't resist this - the highlighted bit is EXACTLY what all religion is.

Okay hitch....everyone to there own views....just watchout for that grim reaper moment.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 am

Zyph wrote:
Hitch wrote:
Zyph wrote:

Thought for the Day.

Okay hitch....everyone to there own views....just watchout for that grim reaper moment.

When death comes, particularly prematurely, I shall be inevitably sad and disappointed to leave the party early. But there's something worse - being told you can never leave the party and that it's going to go on - forever. Ummmm no thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:06 am

Zyph, one of the most offensive things I ever heard from a Christian was an alleged joke in baptist service that my wonderful ( Rolling Eyes ) ex-wife took me to.

Q. "How would you describe an atheist in a coffin?
A. "All dressed up and nowhere to go."

Watching out for the 'grim reaper moment' is in a similar vein.

After Dawn French has done her bit I look forward to Alan Sugar, Simon Cowell and Wayne Rooney doing it also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the "News" today.
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next