Dougie
Mrrapson
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

Warnock v's Puncheon Empty
PostSubject: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Warnock came out today and said that he would never have used JP for that penalty.

JP's response was to turn to twitter and accuse warnock of crooked.

Will pop a link up when I find one.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/13/neil-warnock-legal-jason-puncheon-palace-penalty
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 pm

It was a very funny penalty. One of the worse misses I've seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Always the victim its never his fault.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Mark Steele, Palace Fan, tweeted that the ball was circling London waiting for permission to land.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:57 pm

1.2 million for Puncheon eh!! who'd have thought it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Argyle's management of the asset that was Jason Puncheon was never our finest hour.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:35 am

Along with barnes, mackie, bwp, noone, mason , bolalsie need i go on ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:28 am

I seem to remember Sturrock came in and wasn't a fan of his style. I was. I liked him straight away.
Over that short period, I don't think I can ever remember another era when Argyle had more players that were just about Premier division quality and made it. Probably a whole team. What an unbelievable waste of talent and opportunity. From SEB, Hayles, Norris, Halmosi through to Mackie and Mason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Elias wrote:
Along with barnes, mackie, bwp, noone, mason , bolalsie need i go on ?

All different times, different circumstances, different states of desperation.

We paid £250k for Puncheon, barely played him (despite his obvious talent) and couldn't sell him quick enough - and this is before before we had the bucket rattlers out.

Basically subsidised his 53 appearances for MK Dons and then offered him to Southampton for a pittance.

He's played for 11 different clubs, umpteen different managers, so most of them can't handle him for long.

However with a Prem quality player on our hands, we totally messed up our part of his football development.

Southampton have done nothing but loan him out since 2010 and are looking at £1.2m for him.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:09 am

punchdrunk wrote:
1.2 million for Puncheon eh!! who'd have thought it

Who from ? An Asian betting syndicate ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 am

Winter Green wrote:
I seem to remember Sturrock came in and wasn't a fan of his style. I was. I liked him straight away.
Over that short period, I don't think I can ever remember another era when Argyle had more players that were just about Premier division quality and made it. Probably a whole team. What an unbelievable waste of talent and opportunity. From SEB, Hayles, Norris, Halmosi through to Mackie and Mason

Sums up Sturrock Mk 2 to a tee. I really liked Craig Noone signed as a 'wee nugget' and then didn't play him. Reid put him the team and he was amazing, then predictably he was sold for a pittance and is now playing the premiership
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm sure that Noone played under Sturrock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Iggy wrote:

6 starts in 2 seasons so I suppose technically he played.

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb-players2.asp?pid=933&scp=1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Winter Green wrote:

Sturrock signed him though he should have known if puncheon fitted his style or not before pissing away money on him. Much like with graham stack and simon walton.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Puncheon was so comfortable with the ball at his feet. Sturrock's preference for a Chris Clark type player sort of summed up his stints in the higher divisions. That whole squad and atmosphere just felt rotten though.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 9:00 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I would have put money on him being played a lot more than that, who were we playing in his place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Iggy wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I would have put money on him being played a lot more than that, who were we playing in his place?

Chris Clark probably....
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Winter Green wrote:

Buzz and Gosling as well.On reflection,that Sturrock second era was very bizarre in terms of the decisions made by the man.I did sympathise with him in that it was fairly obvious that he'd been stitched up by Stapleton and the board ["Paul can keep everybody if he wants to" lol!],probably brought him back to use his previous popularity to make the sale of those good players more palatable.Having said that,there were some very odd goings on with the signings that he made-people like Gow,Marin,Stack,Puncheon and Mpenza barely made a dozen appearances between them,replaced by people like Duguid,Clark and Paterson.The Mpenza case was especially puzzling-deemed not fit enough to play for Argyle,yet scoring 21 goals in 32 games the following season in the Swiss first division,by no means a bad standard of football.It was mentioned some time ago that Luggy was going to produce a book on his career,would certainly make interesting reading his version of events.Really makes you want to spit about what we've thrown away in the past 6 years though,no wonder people get so thoroughly hacked off with the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:23 am

I've spoken to a few players who haven't themselves done any better from that time, but they all pretty much say what tring says
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I've spoken to a few players who haven't themselves done any better from that time, but they all pretty much say what tring says

What would that have been Hugh? Can't see any comment from Tring on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:59 am

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
I've spoken to a few players who haven't themselves done any better from that time, but they all pretty much say what  tring says

What would that have been Hugh? Can't see any comment from Tring on this thread.

I won't comment. Might be accused of being a one trick pony and upset the bears  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:34 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
I've spoken to a few players who haven't themselves done any better from that time, but they all pretty much say what  tring says

I won't comment. Might be accused of being a one trick pony and upset the bears  Rolling Eyes

They must hate the fact you were proven right  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 11:47 am

I got lucky......................... apparently  Rolling Eyes 

What  pig  really can't handle is how I spotted his personal ambition and the fact he'd do anything to ingratiate himself with the suits at Home Park, from his early days as a mod on the farm.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:16 pm

One Trick Pony versus No Trick Donkeys, no contest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warnock v's Puncheon   Warnock v's Puncheon Empty

Back to top Go down

Warnock v's Puncheon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next