VillageGreen
Dougie
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Count down to TORQUAY  Empty
PostSubject: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am

With heavy rain forecast for all day Wednesday the attendance will be hit hard. I am going for 8,751
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:34 am

Shome mishtake shurely. Attendence for the Devon Expressway Derby ( (c) PAFC official site and twitter feed - nobody else would call it that - twonks) will be a sell out 25,000 (50 away)
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:28 am

Last seasons equivalent albeit Boxing Day fixture attendence totalled 10,003. So surely we should expect more than that given our league position and run of results and beat the previous highest home attendence of 8700 against Portsmouth.

Anyone seen any advertising by the club in local press etc for this game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:34 am

Dougie wrote:
Last seasons equivalent albeit Boxing Day fixture attendence totalled 10,003.  So surely we should expect more than that given our league position and run of results and beat the previous highest home attendence of 8700 against Portsmouth.

Anyone seen any advertising by the club in local press etc for this game?

Don't forget the feverish excitement that Brent's HHP stand plans have infected in the wider Plymouth area.

That's worth another 2,000 alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 am

If the weather forecast for Wednesday is correct we'll be lucky to get 7,000, janners don't like getting wet bhey.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:57 am

I'm at home for this one. That'll be three games on the trot. Should I apply for the directors box treatment for me and my family? If it's good enough for the Jamesons it should be good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Tgwu wrote:
With heavy rain forecast for all day Wednesday the attendance will be hit hard. I am going for 8,751

I will say 10,056 [1,385 Torquay]....

I am POTD so i hope there is no repeat fiasco of awhile back [Vs Torquay] when the stewards were turning people away and saying it was full....

SH writes over on that other Argyle forum :-

''I remember in 2011/2012 we played Torquay on NY Day with an attendance of approx 12,800 as our big Christmas game. Think this was a 1pm kick off as well?

Being in a far better position in the league, on the back of a good few results over Christmas this should equal if not better. Expect 12-13k.''

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 12:30 pm

i think it will be over 10000 just. I cant see a sell out for a game against Torquay.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:00 pm

VERY heavy winds and torrential rain forecast for Wednesday.

I predict a 6,000 + turn-out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:01 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

I will say 10,056 [1,385 Torquay]....

I am POTD so i hope there is no repeat fiasco of awhile back [Vs Torquay] when the stewards were turning people away and saying it was full....

SH writes over on that other Argyle forum :-

''I remember in 2011/2012 we played Torquay on NY Day with an attendance of approx 12,800 as our big Christmas game. Think this was a 1pm kick off as well?

Being in a far better position in the league, on the back of a good few results over Christmas this should equal if not better. Expect 12-13k.''

I remember that Turkey debacle for all the wrong reasons!! I am taking the wife on NYD and was just going POTD. Perhaps I should go up there and get some tickets today.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:15 pm

knecht wrote:
VERY heavy winds and torrential rain forecast for Wednesday.

I predict a 6,000 + turn-out.

I was going to get tickets for my lad and I, at least I was going to send him to get them! In view of the forecast I shall decide on the day and that's when the having to search in the fluff of my pockets for an extra quid for that privilege really irks. Giving the previous shambles referred to above, when I managed to get a seat in the Mayflower 10 minutes after KO, I think I may well give this one a miss as well.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:19 pm

I am considering going on Wednesday.

Just considering at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm

FFS you two ! I've just commented elsewhere that you can't bring yourselves to go to the Theatre of Schemes.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Tringreen wrote:
FFS you two ! I've just commented elsewhere that you can't bring yourselves to go to the Theatre of Schemes.

They all come out for the glamour games Tring! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 pm

I don't imagine too many Turks will bother after the beasting they got yesterday, you will be lucky to beat the Conferences biggest gate of the season, but then Luton are a big club that have actually won something.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Tringreen wrote:

cheers 

Glory hunter, that's me. Our biggest game of the season, against Torquay.  Laughing 

If it's any consolation Tringers, I won't be doing the corporate experience.

Actually, I probably won't bother at all.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

COUNTDOWN FFS:

1 day, 23 hours and 13 minutes TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Soz  lol  My last opportunity to put in an appearance this season and have a feckin good moan...but like PP, I probably won't bother...what's on the telly?
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:22 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

cheers 

Glory hunter, that's me. Our biggest game of the season, against Torquay.  Laughing 

If it's any consolation Tringers, I won't be doing the corporate experience.

Actually, I probably won't bother at all.

corporate is completely sold out,definitely need a bigger corporate area in the new stand,its very popular....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Torquay view on the match

If you like U2 then I give you my version of possibly the only song they have made that is any good and this one is quality especially the guitar riff near the end. If you want to sing along here is the link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a sight, on New Year's Day
Two teams of sh*te get underway
I want to cheer with you cheer with you night and day
Nothing changes on New Year's Day
On New Year's Day

I will see us lose again
I will see us lose again

Under a green slime sky
A crowd has gathered in yellow and white
Arms entwined, the chosen few
Mansell says, says
Says it's true it's true!
The Torquay break through
Gargs torn in two
We can be one

I.....I will cry again
I ....I will cry again

(Then comes the sh*t hot riff that should be enjoyed at full blast only)

Oh
Maybe the time is right
Ohhh maybe we're not sh*te

We, we will score 2 again
We, we will score 2 again

So we go , go on the rampage
And Hawley at last earns his wage
The Gulls have scored 2
But gargs have the last say
Nothing changes on New Year's Day
On New Year's Day
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:35 pm

greensleeves wrote:

corporate is completely sold out,definitely need a bigger corporate area in the new stand,its very popular....

Wow, "completely sold out"?

Hello!

This is the second biggest game of your season and you have just about the smallest and scabbiest corporate facilities in the whole of the football league, of course you have sold out for this game and you will for your cup final, the rest of the time it is just "superfans" on a freebie from Nikk the Userer.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Cannot argue with that LT
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Wow, "completely sold out"?

Hello!

This is the second biggest game of your season and you have just about the smallest and scabbiest corporate facilities in the whole of the football league, of course you have sold out for this game and you will for your cup final, the rest of the time it is just "superfans" on a freebie from Nikk the Userer.

Having done the corporate experience at many grounds in this league I can say with some justification, that Argyles corporate remains one of the best.You get a full three course meal with all the trimmings, a full and extensive bar with waiter/waitress  service, match day programme,team sheets,match day quiz,match day guests,latest team news,sky tv everywhere, MOM presentations,in a most pleasant lounge with a fantastic pitch side view.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Cannot argue with that LT

True, definitely the second biggest game of the season, after Portsmouth.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:08 pm

greensleeves wrote:

Having done the corporate experience at many grounds in this league I can say with some justification, that Argyles corporate remains one of the best.

As if you weren't already marked as Pork this pretty much seals the deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count down to TORQUAY    Count down to TORQUAY  Empty

Back to top Go down

Count down to TORQUAY
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next