Dougie
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:59 am

best result of the season so far. need to beat that phoney lot on sunday.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:18 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Yes, calm down Freathy. Maybe I'm in a minority on here, but the odd win, or odd loss for that matter, mean very little these days. In fact, it doesn't register at all. A bit like watching the weather forecast when you work in an office. A sort of limbo waiting for jittery Jimbo to stir his stumps and actually come up with an HHP business plan that suits the club, the park, the fans and residents,  and yet also gives the plan some economic reality for those involved. I personally believe that is not possible. The figures just don't add up from what has been made public so far.

I'm still waiting for signs of the club turning back into something I can properly support, it's not something you can fool yourself over. As for the football, teams win games, teams lose games, it's a 50 50 thing, it's no big deal Freathers  Very Happy , it's not fantastic, a Hansenesque overstatement. It's just what most football teams have been doing over the past 4 years like they've always done, apart from Argyle. It's the nature of a two horse race.
Maybe the "relationship" is over for me. It certainly isn't looking good.

Don't get me wrong - the bigger picture certainly has not escaped me. I know we're ultimately screwed under this bastard of an owner and as such I refuse to go anywhere near Home Park. I won't return until this individual and his gang of superfans are history - that's if there's anything left to support. But yesterday was just so unexpected - I had plenty of opportunity to check the score during the match but didn't bother becuase I thought we'd get hammered. To find out we'd won at 2nd place freescoring Oxford was a tad unexpected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:48 pm

I Wonder if mr tight wad Brent will back the manager in the January sales if we finish the year out strong with a win on Sunday. We wont be too far off the playoffs so would he want to "go for it" or be content with watching us under achieve.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Angry wrote:
I Wonder if mr tight wad Brent will back the manager in the January sales if we finish the year out strong with a win on Sunday. We wont be too far off the playoffs so would he want to "go for it" or be content with watching us under achieve.

I hope so but I doubt it, got to be worth a tilt we should have backed hollowords and never
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:

I hope so but I doubt it, got to be worth a tilt we should have backed hollowords and never
We only make loan signings, or give short term contracts to unemployed footballers, nothing will change in january.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:

We only make loan signings, or give short term contracts to unemployed footballers, nothing will change in january.

if there the potential to make money I think he will go for it and back john
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:

this is true you can make more in League One than in League Two. Think of all the customer Brent can entertain with the club he has no interest in in League one.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Angry wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:

this is true you can make more in League One than in League Two. Think of all the customer Brent can entertain with the club he has no interest in in League one.

could make more money selling the club if they are in league 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:51 pm

The trouble that we have is that the spine of the team doesn't belong to us, Reid is on 11 so I wouldn't be surprised if a league 1 side came in for him and offered to pay more wages than we pay, Lavery is up for grabs by anybody as soon as next week! First job is to hang on to the better players but it's difficult when you don't own them. What we do is done cheap, penny wise, pound foolish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:

there are so many money making opportunities here.... PASB get on to it act like FANS and stop kissing his arse and convince him to sell up.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Angry wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:

there are so many money making opportunities here.... PASB get on to it act like FANS and stop kissing his arse and convince him to sell up.

like they would upset him by doing that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
The trouble that we have is that the spine of the team doesn't belong to us, Reid is on 11 so I wouldn't be surprised if a league 1 side came in for him and offered to pay more wages than we pay, Lavery is up for grabs by anybody as soon as next week! First job is to hang on to the better players but it's difficult when you don't own them. What we do is done cheap, penny wise, pound foolish.

Reid isnt going anywhere till the summer at least and then i believe his contract is up at Yeovil. Lavery if Sheridan is smart will be signed up till the end of the season pull all the strings JS he is the difference between bottom half of the table and a vague play off push king 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Reid isnt going anywhere till the summer at least and then i believe his contract is up at Yeovil. Lavery if Sheridan is smart will be signed up till the end of the season pull all the strings JS he is the difference between bottom half of the table and a vague play off push king 

didn't reid want to come back cause he wants to be at the club, so he should want to come here no matter what hes paid a week,
Is he really on 11k at Yeovil ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

didn't reid want to come back cause he wants to be at the club, so he should want to come here no matter what hes paid a week,

I highly doubt he is on that much a week he isnt that good a player to warrant that wage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Tgwu wrote:
[size=24]Enjoy[/size

A pretty poor attempt by their keeper for the first. A superbly taken equalizer. Too far away to comment on the penalty decision but the linesman was right there & Reid took it OK. A scrappy third.

But we won - that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Angry wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I highly doubt he is on that much a week he isnt that good a player to warrant that wage.

He's on 11 goals, not 11 grand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:53 pm

If the keepers had a better day and Kitson had been two feet further to the right that could easily have been a 1 0!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:33 am

iffa, coulda, shoulda. If it had gone in, it would have been a goal. Iggy, total bollocks mate. We played well, we were 3-1 up and they got and og ffs.

We deserved it, end of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:57 am

shonbo wrote:
iffa, coulda, shoulda. If it had gone in, it would have been a goal. Iggy, total bollocks mate. We played well, we were 3-1 up and they got and og ffs.

We deserved it, end of.

Calm down matey! At what time did I say we didn't deserve it? I just commented that if the keepers had a better day ect, it could have been a 1 0 which I meant that we would have won one nil btw? My opinion may not match yours but it doesn't make it any less valid.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:03 am

I am calm, although slightly mistaken. I thought you meant 1-0 to them. Much love. cheers 
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 am

my only regret about the day was not getting there until 2:30, not being able to go to the excellent pub (The Friary?) just down the road and then once inside the ground buying an absolutely disgusting burger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:27 am

Maybe I should have said 0 1.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 am

YewH that pubs closed now
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:41 am

Now that is really sad, what a shame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford Match Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4