Rickler
Dougie
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Oxford Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Team for tomorrow                                                

McCormick
                                   Blanchard Trotman Nelson Reckord
                                  Gurrieri Blizzard Hourihane Alessandra
                                                   Reid  Lavery

Subs: Cole, Branston, Young, Odebayi, Thomas, Bencherif, Blackman
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Boxing day treat for me and the family tomorrow at Oxford then with a few old mates at Wimbbledon. Get me. Aviva! Aviva!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Im visiting a mate this weekend in London so i will be at the Wimbledon game also, us freaks and weirdos on ATD arnet praaaaper fans u know.
Aviva indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 8:48 pm

With Oxford being in form, a good side and fighting for the top of the league I think a draw would be as good as a win imo.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Angry wrote:
With Oxford being in form, a good side and fighting for the top of the league I think a draw would be as good as a win imo.

I think you're onto something, Angry...

A draw is as good as a win to a blind Aviva!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Will be at Wimbeldon game - off train at New Malden hunting decent pub!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

I think you're onto something, Angry...

A draw is as good as a win to a blind Aviva!

I would rather win of course but given Oxford are strong will probably romp home a draw would be fantastic with all things considered.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:12 am

Joking aside, I agree...  A draw would be superb result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:29 am

Oxford on top form, one defeat in 10, and a very good defence. Argyle finding it difficult to score many goals but do have the new signing on the bench.

A tough afternoon on the cards methinks. I'd snatch your hand off if you offered me a point now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:25 am

Agree with the point being good comments.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:50 am

Oxford away 2 years ago was my last Argyle match. A 5-1 drubbing with Walton constantly yelling at the youths, the fat and the hopeless. Luke Young was the only one who looked like a footballer.
Never again, til the club has become merely parochial once more. The current village Avivafest is nauseating and an insult to intelligence and breeding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:03 am

Tringreen wrote:
Oxford away 2 years ago was my last Argyle match. A 5-1 drubbing with Walton constantly yelling at the youths, the fat and the hopeless. Luke Young was the only one who looked like a footballer.
Never again, til the club has become merely parochial once more. The current village Avivafest is nauseating and an insult to intelligence and breeding.
I remember your experience well Tringy, you weren't a happy camper on here. jocolor Have been to the old Oxford ground in Cowley, talk about a city split in two.
Funnily enough my last away game was Wimbledon that year I think, which was a far better result, although I have to say it was rather fortunate. Young also impressed me in patches.
While I wholeheartedly understand and agree with your Aviva frustration, I do think it a tad unfair to call it "village". Simpletons and fools inhabit the large conurbations the world over as well as Foxhole or Budleigh Salterton. And their are plenty of Avivas on show in the large capital cities of the world. It's not a West Country invention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:54 am

We've got no chance at a big club like oxford, we will take the predictable stuffing, and praise posh jim for still having a club/development site to cheer, shaddup and be grateful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Our record at Oxford is horrendous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:21 pm

One of the worst games I have ever seen played at HP was against Oxford on a foggy cold Tuesday night, stood in the Spion before the new stand was built under the tutelage of evil Dan. It was a predictable 0 0 and I doubt if anybody would have scored if we played for a week, the crowd was under 2500. Team Aviva have great crowds really all things considered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:32 pm

I also went to the old Manor Road ground. I seem to remember you had to go up someone's back passage to get there. Apart from Fellows Park, Walsall, it was the worst away end I've ever been in. (Though one of my many claims to fame is that one of my brothers went for a pee there & stood next to Michael Foot).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We were also crap and lost.

I've also been to the Kassam. That will be an impressive stadium if it ever gets finished.

But in looking for a picture of the away end at Manor Road I came across this site where there is a picture of an away end that certainly beats any possibility of competition!!!!

LINK
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:07 pm

McCormick,
                        Blanchard, Nelson, Trotman, Purrington,
                         Gurrieri, Hourihane, Blizzard, Alessandra,
                                            Lavery, Reid.

Argyle subs: Cole, Branston, Boco, Young, Wotton, Thomas, Obadeyi

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Nice to see Purrington thrown in at the deep end here by the Sheridan :O good luck to the lad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Blackman and Reckord both injured?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Blackman and Reckord both injured?

that or they are both finalizing there tickets out of plymouth come new years day as their contracts are up sso Sheridan wants to give Ben a go before singing a replacement. Thats waht i think is up anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Pleasing to see youth given a chance, but choosing an away game against one of the best teams in the league is a gamble.
Can only assume it's because Blackman & Reckord are one their way out like you say Angry
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Anything happened yet? Here's a little hi-jack till the footy is worth mentioning.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Sounds like we are getting battered.
Why on earth are we heading into games putting the likes of Oxford on a pedestal while at the same time painting ourselves as "lil ol Argyle"
All part of the Brent masterplan of getting people to accept shit ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Half-time 0 - 0. Judging from the BBC web-site we are more than holding our own. Sounds good so far.... if we can get a draw out of this I will be impressed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Hmmmm. Interesting how two views of the same game can be so different. The BBC statistics (if you can go by that) show we are edging it. I got back from the pub about 25 mins ago & the commentary sounds we are doing OK. Drew Savage has just posted a largely positive half-time summary. Maybe it's because I'm an Aviva.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford Match Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next