Tringreen
Rickler
Dougie
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:29 pm

I am worried that our "quota" of good form will have been expended by the time we take on Port Vale in the FA Cup, id much rather accept a few draws and a defeat in the run up to the 5th January in the hope that we can peak at the right time.
Im no fool and i know there is no way we will be anywhere near the play offs under the stewardship of the Tapeworm, neither will we be in any serious danger of relegation with Shezza in charge of team affairs.
Our only chance of glory this season that remains is by beating Port Vale and then either going on a run or by getting a big team in round 4.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Well, that was a pleasant surprise. A bonus 3 points, and a nose bleed in 13th place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Best win of the season. 3 points in the bag, fridge full of alcohol, wifey gone to work - feet up!! All-in-all a good day all round.

laugh Banana laugh Banana 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:40 pm

"Middle of the league, we're having a laugh"  Very Happy 

Brilliant result, 6 out of 6 over Christmas and two games coming up against teams below us. Time to see if we are a play-off chasing side or if 13th is punching above our weight. I fancy a draw on Sunday and a good win over the Turquey's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:58 pm

I went to Barnsley vs Bolton today - it was dreadful. Joe Mason played for Bolton.

Well done boys - 3 points I didn't expect and Reid scores two. Excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 7:02 pm

A shock result  Shocked and a welcome result at that  cheers ..

Bring on AFC and hopefully another good away result...

And from up Oxford way..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Blimey! Been out all day not bothered about checking for the result as I thought we'd get mullered. Get home and log on to find out we've got a fantastic result at second place Oxford! And make no mistake it is a fantastic result!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Freathy's been on the happy juice.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Absolutely brilliant Christmas present from Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Freathy's been on the happy juice.    Very Happy 

It won't last.  laugh 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Freathy's been on the happy juice.    Very Happy 

It won't last.  laugh 

Indeed.

It is important that we keep our feet on the floor, yes we have won 2 games on the bounce by a single goal margin but lets not get carried away.
One swallow doesn't make a summer as they say.
Dont let this recent "Indian summer" deflect the attentions away from the real evils at PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:00 pm

ARGYLE (4-4-2)

23 Luke McCormick..............6

4 Maxime Blanchard..............6

16 Neal Trotman.....................6

17 Curtis Nelson....................7

25 Ben Purrington..................7

27 Andres Gurrieri.................6

11 Dominic Blizzard...............7

6 Conor Hourihane................6

7 Lewis Alessandra...............6

9 Reuben Reid........................8

13 Caolan Lavery...................7

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Just don't do the usual Argyle and get hammered by Wimbledon after this good result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Yes, calm down Freathy. Maybe I'm in a minority on here, but the odd win, or odd loss for that matter, mean very little these days. In fact, it doesn't register at all. A bit like watching the weather forecast when you work in an office. A sort of limbo waiting for jittery Jimbo to stir his stumps and actually come up with an HHP business plan that suits the club, the park, the fans and residents,  and yet also gives the plan some economic reality for those involved. I personally believe that is not possible. The figures just don't add up from what has been made public so far.

I'm still waiting for signs of the club turning back into something I can properly support, it's not something you can fool yourself over. As for the football, teams win games, teams lose games, it's a 50 50 thing, it's no big deal Freathers  Very Happy , it's not fantastic, a Hansenesque overstatement. It's just what most football teams have been doing over the past 4 years like they've always done, apart from Argyle. It's the nature of a two horse race.
Maybe the "relationship" is over for me. It certainly isn't looking good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Yes, calm down Freathy. Maybe I'm in a minority on here, but the odd win, or odd loss for that matter, mean very little these days. In fact, it doesn't register at all. A bit like watching the weather forecast when you work in an office. A sort of limbo waiting for jittery Jimbo to stir his stumps and actually come up with an HHP business plan that suits the club, the park, the fans and residents,  and yet also gives the plan some economic reality for those involved. I personally believe that is not possible. The figures just don't add up from what has been made public so far.

I'm still waiting for signs of the club turning back into something I can properly support, it's not something you can fool yourself over. As for the football, teams win games, teams lose games, it's a 50 50 thing, it's no big deal Freathers  Very Happy , it's not fantastic, a Hansenesque overstatement. It's just what most football teams have been doing over the past 4 years like they've always done, apart from Argyle. It's the nature of a two horse race.

Come on, where's your Xmas/winter solstice spirit. Smile. Be happy.  santa 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Must say the beer will taste all the better on the train to New Malden!!
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Absolutely fantastic result.You can't buy days like this.We're on a roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:42 pm

sausage roll?  laugh 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:12 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Absolutely fantastic result.You can't buy days like this.We're on a roll.

MURAL TIME  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:03 am

Winter Green wrote:

I know what you are saying but, if we kicked on now and got into the playoffs and played a couple of good games at the right time and got promoted I think that you could argue that a reasonable but cash strapped manager and a bunch loanees and journey men pulled it off against the odds IN SPITE of the owner not being that bothered about success on the pitch. Two words sum up Brent's ambitions and these are lack and of. IF we got promoted I would celebrate but the joy would be tempered by the underlying feeling that our club is under the ownership of somebody that if the truth be known couldn't give a toss about Argyle or it's fans.
Untl,we have a new owner who can actually make all Argyle fans think we all share the same ambitions for the club, that probably won't involve pumping millions and millions into the squad but is more about passion and desire and pride in the shirt, this ethos starts at the top and works its way down.
#pafcnewownerneeded
 cheers drunken 
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:21 am

I went, first time I've seen Sheridan's Argyle. If they played like that every week, no doubt we'd be up the top. It's the first time for years I've enjoyed watching Argyle.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:24 am

oh, don't like watching a team that looks like Coventry City tho Sad
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:47 am

Winter Green wrote:

Saves me from stating the bleedin obvious .
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:08 am

I still can't believe we won that one Laughing

Happy Xmas all Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:12 am

knecht wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

Come on, where's your Xmas/winter solstice spirit. Smile. Be happy.  santa 

I got a happy winter festival card through the letterbox this year....in black of course......left me depressed.....nearly took the Christmas Tree and Decorations down..... and run out into the road and play with the traffic......is it political correctness madness ?........trying not to offend anyone....well it didn't suceed.....it offended me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford Match Thread   Oxford Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford Match Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next