Foreign Managers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Foreign Managers Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Managers   Foreign Managers EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Are they better or do they simply get cut more slack?

I notice the top six managers in the Championship are English, the top ten Brits, followed then by the highly thought of and incredibly well funded Garcia at Brighton and Zola at Watford, both of them could easily be below Wigan when they play their two in hand, yet Coyle is gone while the two foreigners seem safe.
Back to top Go down

Foreign Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Managers   Foreign Managers EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:02 pm

I've often wondered if the mass import of overseas players has improved the standard of non-league teams as the players who would previously have played in the league are forced to play at a lower level.

Why would foreign managers be cut more slack?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Foreign Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Managers   Foreign Managers EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Zola is a horrifically overrated manager, has underacheived twice having all his players handed to him on a plate the past two seasons. Garcia for me is doing ok at Brighton- he's got a big rebuilding job on and they can't be expected to be much higher than they are.

Agree with you that the sacking of Coyle was a harsh one but would hardly say that foreign managers are privileged generally. Just look at the flack AVB gets compared to Redknapp who can do no wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Foreign Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Managers   Foreign Managers EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:38 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Agree with you that the sacking of Coyle was a harsh one

Not really saying that, Dave Whelan doesn't appear to do impetuous so I think we must assume there are issues which don't necessarily meet the eye.

Harry took them from Bottom to the Chumps League, AVB has spent a 120 million to produce a dull, dull side which gets beat 6 nil and loses 3 nil home to West Ham, plus he bitches incessantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foreign Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Managers   Foreign Managers Empty

Back to top Go down

Foreign Managers
Page 1 of 1