The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target  Empty
PostSubject: Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target    Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target  EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 6:01 pm

The Real EFL

Ryan Lowe: Preston North End

Speaking of clubs with strong starts, Ryan Lowe’s Preston North End were the division’s surprise package, sitting ahead of Leicester City and Ipswich Town before recent results have seen them slip down the standings. However, the club are still going strong in third place.

Lowe arrived at Deepdale in December 2021, following his exit from Plymouth Argyle and has averaged 1.49 points per game so far. Similarly, Lowe has consistently had experience with working with similar players to Rangers and has enjoyed success at all three of his current/former sides. Lowe’s contract at Deepdale is reportedly set to expire next summer, meaning he would be the cheapest option on this list and could be tempted to swap the Championship for the Europa League.

Steven Schumacher: Plymouth Argyle

Finally, Ryan Lowe’s replacement at Plymouth Argyle was Steven Schumacher and he is the final option on this list. The 39-year-old is currently under a long-term deal at Home Park, following his success at guiding Plymouth Argyle to the League One title last season in a thrilling title race against McKenna’s Ipswich.

Schumacher is currently averaging 1.93 points per game and has flew under the radar in the EFL, whilst building a very competitive side at Home Park. During the summer, the Pilgrims added several talented reinforcements such as Morgan Whittaker and Bali Mumba and like McKenna, he has also done enough to justify a move to a higher ranked side. The persuasion of managing a side in the Europa League would be a difficult opportunity to turn down but whether he is on Rangers’ radar remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target    Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target  EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 6:27 pm

hmmmmm

Rangers need a more experienced manager after the experiment of Beale failed badly.

Lowe possibly could be of interest to them however i think they will want to steer away from anyone connected to Gerrard atm given beale was a friend of his and on his coaching staff when he was there.

Schuey i feel wouldnt be interested in that job just yet given their current state if he is going to leave us it will be for the right club at the right time.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target    Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target  EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 8:38 pm

If Rangers are going to recruit from south of the border it will be someone with proven Premier League experience. Schuey has only achieved promotion from L1 so far and is a long way from keeping us in this division.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target    Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target  EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 11:04 pm

Personally I would be surprised if they go for Lowe or Shuey this time round. I think they will go for someone with European/International experience and some “success”. I think Lowe and Shuey would be ideal longer term candidates but such is the requirement for immediate results, especially as Celtic are already 7 pts ahead (and playing shite as well), they would not be given much time. Shuey should reject as well as Beale has not done a very good job recruiting good strike replacements so whoever takes it will not get anybody decent in until Jan at the very earliest if they can get the funds and decent players available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target    Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target  EmptyTue Oct 03, 2023 8:10 am

The main issue unfortunately for both Celtic and Rangers is not the size of their fanbase or historical success in the game it’s the fact that sadly the SPL isn’t the standard of league that it once was.
Celtic couldn’t attract Eddie Howe and had to resort to an inspirational and out of the box appointment in Ange Postecoglou.
Given his success and the emotional return of Brendan Rodgers to Parkhead I think they need to either appoint someone with Rangers credentials AKA Rodgers being a Celtic fan or a manager with some history of success in a foreign league like Postecoglou.
I would personally be looking at someone like Graham Potter, however, I believe he has distanced himself from the job.
Both Lowe and Schuey are for the future, Warnock would be a better fit if we are talking about an Argyle affiliation to the Rangers gig!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target    Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target  Empty

Back to top Go down

Two of 5 Championship Managers That Rangers Should Target
Page 1 of 1