akagreengull
pepsipete
Tringreen
Czarcasm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Same old shit, twenty chances and can't get one in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Normal service resumed, FFS. Mad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Booooo! See Yeovil won 3 0! Greeks spawned a draw, Turks got forked. Wish we had Rennie Howe, him Reid and Allesandro up front would be a handful I reckon.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Angry wrote:
zzzz what will it take for there to be investment in the team  more shit football and lucky wins?
Even the postey president thinks there should be more investment in January as he said in his wonderful commentary - so it will definitely happen.Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:23 pm

que a second round exit against Welling next Sat.

"Shaddap and be grateful" will be the cry from the usual suspects.

I feel like crying..i really do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:33 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
que a second round exit against Welling next Sat.

"Shaddap and be grateful" will be the cry from the usual suspects.

I feel like crying..i really do
Defeat to welling is nailed on, we all know it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Just reading the farm and someone posted a "sheridan out thread" this was soon removed by the dictators lackey.........sunny
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Very slow start to the game by both teams,Burton marginally more dangerous and they duly took the lead with a good shot on the turn after some fairly weak defending from Trotman [i think].Argyle pressed forward for the rest of the half,Lavery came on for the injured Tope and looked quite impressive.Chance after chance created and squandered,shots kicked off the line but can't really recall their keeper having too many saves to make.Huff and puff in the second half,both teams had the odd opportunity but Burton tightened up considerably and will look at the result as reward for a classic away performance.Reality check for Argyle,chickens came home to roost as far as goal scoring is concerned and the problem must be addressed in January.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm

This is Burton frikkin Albion we're talking about, with an average attendance of 2,700 and a ground capacity of 5k.

We're shit.................... and our janner mentality revels in how shit we are.

The average Aviva is happy with the clusterfuck, the fanfests and decades of utter mediocrity ahead.

Embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Been out so just seen the score. All I could do was laugh. I always thought Argyle fans would not have the piss taken out of them indefinately by brent. Seems I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:17 pm

We were fuc king shit. I'm pissed. That's all really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
We were fuc king shit. I'm pissed. That's all really.
Czarcy - have a donut, glass of Cap'n Morgans spice rum with ginger ale, and breath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 pm

I thought it was a mistake by Nelson that gave the goal away - not a terrible one. Whoever it was it came off the top of his head and their player did well to score after that.

I thought we were OK. That's all. Perhaps that's because they were significantly better than last time I saw them play. Positives for me: Luke looked a keeper playing well below his level - I just hope he isn't enticed away during the January window; Lavery looked good - he was confident, strong, busy and had the potential to score once he develops an understanding with the rest of the team; Reid tried hard to some effect; Trotman looked really good. We had at least two goal-bound shots blocked on the line and could/should have put away one or two chances. I thought when Obadeyi went off injured for Lavery we suddenly looked more threatening. In the short period I saw Obadeyi I thought he was one of those infuriating players that was likely to run into a dead-end and trip over his feet and then later on pull off an impressive bit of power-play to create an opening. But for the team as a whole too often passes went astray and were made in hope rather than with clear intent. Too often we lashed the ball up to a target man. Reid may be that to a degree but he was against a big bugger of a defender and he struggled. But, compared to last time, I wasn't too despondent with what I saw. There are possibilities there.

But, in my opinion, the better team won. Burton were stronger, bigger, more skilled as a unit and individually. They attacked as a unit & defended as a unit. You can see why they are in the position they are in the league. Luckily none of that translated to goals or, to be fair, many goal attempts. Their passing was crisp and to purpose. They defended in depth when we had the ball which made it difficult for us to get clear cut chances. Argyle seemed to have to work hard for everything and a lot of that goes down to Burton's disciplined play.

The last game I watched put me off going. This one didn't. It was an entertaining match. Pity about the score.

PS I've just read a number of times in another website that it was Trotman's mistake to let in the goal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Just reading through the match thread on pasoti and there is little I would want to disagree with in Akos Bubacksy's comments on page 2. Except I did think that Trotman (as it clearly was) got under the ball.

LINK.

"Akos Bubacksy" ...... I wonder who that nom de plume hides? He seems to write from knowledge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I really cannot fathom at how people are blindly accepting mediocrity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:41 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I really cannot fathom at how people are blindly accepting mediocrity
Hi punchy me again, if i mention the cock from the council strange things happen, yet when the tw@t post's he wished i'd never post again ( obvious trolling from the obvious troll) it remains? one rule for the special one it seems!geek geek geek cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Picture 29
No wonder Tenpole is grinning like a cheshire cat, he didn't spend a penny all day...........you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours. Wink 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 am

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Picture 29
No wonder Tenpole is grinning like a cheshire cat, he didn't spend a penny all day...........you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours.  Wink 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If the Devil could cast his net.............................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:01 am

2 of the most corrupt wankers on the planet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:38 am

At the start of the season I predicted mid table, this is a progression compared to the last five seasons. Is it good enough? I don't think so, the problem with the backing of Sheridan is that it is always quantity over quality, the fact that Howe is playing for Burton with a third of the gate that we have speaks volumes about the competitive budget. We only need a couple of decent players and you would walk this league, with crowds of 6000ish you have to ask why we are mid table and wallowing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:42 am

Iggy wrote:
At the start of the season I predicted mid table, this is a progression compared to the last five seasons. Is it good enough? I don't think so, the problem with the backing of Sheridan is that it is always quantity over quality, the fact that Howe is playing for Burton with a third of the gate that we have speaks volumes about the competitive budget. We only need a couple of decent players and you would walk this league, with crowds of 6000ish you have to ask why we are mid table and wallowing?
try saying this on mainstream Argyle sites..and you get slaughtered for it.
It really makes you think who exactly is the Enemy!!?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:30 am

burton are our 'bogey' side it seems, imagine ten years ago predicting that !
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:
They don't possess the intelligence or class to see past the fact that the reluctant one has encouraged the celebrity fan situation. Whilst they are revelling in 'being someone' at HP , he is filling his boots.
England's largest city football club, never to have played at top flight level, is now being boxed in for generations. They won't care if we continue to lose to clubs like Burton, as long as we have a shiny little stadium and they continue to keep their mugs in the spotlight at a club that inspires no new fans and eventually as the oldies die off, so will the club.
If it weren't so sad and predictable it would be amusing. Even the more intelligent and articulate long term loyal fans, seem caught between declaring out and out war on the dimwitted control group, as they should under the AFT banner, and simply shutting up and joining them.

There has to be an active, motivational movement against the way the club is heading. The Trust is the only group that could reach out , inform and grow support against what the club is becoming but I fear that deemed 'position'  within the little Argyle world, is more important to them than fighting for what is right.
Memorabilia, disco, photo competitions, charity events etc is the name of the game.................. while Argyle burns.No

Anyone care to report on the questions and answer session with Starnes, or is that not as important as seeing who was there ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:16 am

Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:
They don't possess the intelligence or class to see past the fact that the reluctant one has encouraged the celebrity fan situation. Whilst they are revelling in 'being someone' at HP , he is filling his boots.
England's largest city football club, never to have played at top flight level, is now being boxed in for generations. They won't care if we continue to lose to clubs like Burton, as long as we have a shiny little stadium and they continue to keep their mugs in the spotlight at a club that inspires no new fans and eventually as the oldies die off, so will the club.
If it weren't so sad and predictable it would be amusing. Even the more intelligent and articulate long term loyal fans, seem caught between declaring out and out war on the dimwitted control group, as they should under the AFT banner, and simply shutting up and joining them.

There has to be an active, motivational movement against the way the club is heading. The Trust is the only group that could reach out , inform and grow support against what the club is becoming but I fear that deemed 'position'  within the little Argyle world, is more important to them than fighting for what is right.
Memorabilia, disco, photo competitions, charity events etc is the name of the game.................. while Argyle burns.No

Anyone care to report on the questions and answer session with Starnes, or is that not as important as seeing who was there ?
As ever the rebel stance is mine also - it's a friggin mess for sure!! The quote about the older generation fan base is the most telling with every GOS edition - we seem to have skipped a generation of lower middle aged somewhere it's 'kids or grandads' and little inbetween!! This will pan out to strangle the club in coming years!!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:35 am

Second visit to HP for me this season after watching el classico v Accrington. We were piss poor again going forward resorting to hoofing it long. We look ok at the back and one individual error led to their goal.

We are a mid table side end of. Thing is it really wouldn't take much to become a good side, decent Centre mid and winger would see us win a few more imo. Reid looks like a good player but just doesn't get the service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REAL FANS match thread    REAL FANS match thread  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

REAL FANS match thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next