Chingers
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Czarcasm
Han Solos Other Ship
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:06 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Stoke charging twenty quid to watch em play man yoo, speccy charging twenty one pounds to watch uninspiring dogshit football! before  i get aviva trolled thats my opinion! if thats the best you can do sheridan then watch the support disappear to four thousand in a few weeks. Brent Out![/quote
Dont go Torquay then.Its £23 there.Support will shoot up after todays result.We're still in the cup. Something that hasn't been said for a few years....
greensleeves, anyone who pays twenty three quid to see argyle score nil against torquay, should seek medical advice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:10 pm

The funniest thing about to the lincoln match, was x throbber calling cobi " a surrender monkey" this is the same cobi that go's home and away, and the same x throbber who like me as not been all season!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:16 pm

I can't wait for S Powell's match report cheers 

It'll be posted around the same time as the GT's coach passes Worcester so Newell can post safely in the knowledge that it COULD be someone living in Worcester who's a student but is on Pasoti all day and night and can afford to join the Argyle foundation and follow Argyle all round the country lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Greenjock wrote:

It'll be posted around the same time as the GT's coach passes Worcester so Newell can post safely in the knowledge that it COULD be someone living in Worcester who's a student but is on Pasoti all day and night and can afford to join the Argyle foundation and follow Argyle all round the country lol! 
I wonder if spnool 92, has seen his bro saracen 10?pig pig pig pig pig jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Posted at 2.27pm by your friend from 'Worcester'

Just finished at a meeting that has stopped me travelling to this game. Pretty angry, as the organiser turned up half an hour late and then proceed to wait a further half hour for others to arrive... Then when the meeting did start it was absolutely pointless and lasted 20 minutes! So I'm in a bad mood already because that BS has stopped me seeing this game, the line up however has cheered me up. Very strong and hopefully we'll bag a convincing win with what is almost our cemented first team.

My heart bleeds for him, sounded like a great game but he was stuck in a 'meeting'. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lincoln fans think we look like a bog standard Conference side and i don't disagree.
Look how far weve came under the speccy banker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Not the most terrible result on the planet, but we need to start scoring.

I believe part of the issue comes from the LWB position

Very surprised this hasn't been brought up before.

I honestly think this is the position we've failed in most this season, both with LB and LWB.

I personally believe Berry epitomizes what a wing back should be, he's forward thinking, ready to take players on, and when he can, looking to put the ball in to the box and not afraid to have a shot. I used to be a Berry 'doubter', but as he's moved in to the wing back role, my mind is being turned, his skill/pace was wasted in a natural RB position (remember he was usually a striker at Villa).

However, I really wish that was the case in our LWB position as well. I believe this season we have signed two very poor footballers in that position, after realising the first one had failed, we had to sign another, and I think he's failing as well. I honestly can't stand Reckord, he seems quite slow to get forward, then again he does find himself in good positions, but his crossing is some of the worst I've ever seen, a trait a wing back is suppose to be good at, he's not a fantastic defender either, and is constantly beaten by his man. Then, we have Andre Blackman, I have no doubt he's a skilful player who is able to attack (when it pleases him) but at LB he's a calamity, he's also quite lazy, if he could be motivated I believe one day he could turn in to a decent winger, but certainly not a LB right now.

We really are missing Bhasera, he'd be brilliant as a wing back, and an option we never considered before, also, I believe Ryan Dickson would have done very well in that role.

BUT we don't have those players, we have to make do with what we have. Sheridan and Starnes have both complained about not being able to attract players to the club (I believe that to be more financial incentives/success of the club than geographical but anyway...) so USE WHAT WE HAVE.

This isn't a direct dig at John Sheridan, but he doesn't seem to be the most willing to put youth out on to the pitch. Please, give Purrington a go, he's constantly impressed in the lower ranks of the system, and Sheridan himself has said he can go places, but he can't unless he gets a look in. I'd also be content with Ryan Lane at least having a half to do something, he skinned a couple Dons players in pre season, and scored a simply magnificent goal that stunned everyone including the MK manager. Let's harnace the ability we have in our younger players before they lose confidence and bugger of to find somewhere else to get regular action. Also, they will be hungry to impress, which can only be a good thing.

Let's use the ability our younger players have, starting with the LB position.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Stoke charging twenty quid to watch em play man yoo, speccy charging twenty one pounds to watch uninspiring dogshit football! before  i get aviva trolled thats my opinion! if thats the best you can do sheridan then watch the support disappear to four thousand in a few weeks. Brent Out!
Having the best avivas in the world, Brent should close most of the ground for the replay and charge top whack for the festers.  Let's see how much they really love Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Just finished at a meeting that has stopped me travelling to this game. Pretty angry, as the organiser turned up half an hour late and then proceed to wait a further half hour for others to arrive... Then when the meeting did start it was absolutely pointless and lasted 20 minutes! So I'm in a bad mood already because that BS has stopped me seeing this game, the line up however has cheered me up. Very strong and hopefully we'll bag a convincing win with what is almost our cemented first team.

My heart bleeds for him, sounded like a great game but he was stuck in a 'meeting'.  Crying or Very sad 
Surely if people turned up late yet it only lasted 20 minutes then he's bang back on par? Notwithstanding the fact that he's still 2 hours from Lincoln.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Trust In Brent

No 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm

I should do a just back thread but all it would say is we matched Lincoln and so mid table Conference seems about our level. I don't know anything about Lincoln so I don't know if they played out of their skins like it was their cup final. I can see us now scrapping through at home for the replay with the accompanying look how far we've come post from some.

I went to the came expecting much more after the bounce of two wins and apparent better performances. However it was the same old same old with no improvement to my eyes over the early season dross I watched. And that more than anything is the crying shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

My heart bleeds for him, sounded like a great game but he was stuck in a 'meeting'.  Crying or Very sad 
Surely if people turned up late yet it only lasted 20 minutes then he's bang back on par? Notwithstanding the fact that he's still 2 hours from Lincoln.

Ah but by sharing the meeting story it proves that he can't be Newell because you can't be in two places at once. Good thinking fatman Razz 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:31 pm

the line up cheered him up ? WTF ! obviously doesn't get out much Basketball 

Yeah mate I missed the game but the that line up, well, im so happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:18 pm

I wish people would stop quoting punchdrunk, what a dogshit poster.

It's the cup - we drew away. It's a replay. We're still in it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Hairy, please stop trying to provoke an argument.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:01 pm

At least we have got further than the last couple of seasons. Look how far we have come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
The funniest thing about to the lincoln match, was x throbber calling cobi " a surrender monkey" this is the same cobi that go's home and away, and the same x throbber who like me as not been all season!
I've replied to him the best I can.

I dislike his constant criticism of fans that go to games he doesn't attend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:52 am

I agree with your point about us missing Bhasera Cobi, our left side is definitely our weakest spot, along with a lack of goals, but I guess that would be the case at most League 2 clubs. Left sided fullbacks or wing backs tend to be rarer than right sided players.

The Lincoln left back, Newton was named man of the match though and having seen him at first hand hopefully Sheridan will have seen what is lacking with the players we have. A full back who can go past his man and either cut inside or deliver a decent cross would be most welcome.

The disappointing thing though is Newton is just a non-league journeyman who sounded like he had more about him than his "professional" opponents. Blackman was clearly a gamble that hasn't paid off so I would like to think that he's only on a short term deal and we won't be renewing it unless he's improving with experience and Reckord is approaching the end of his 3 month loan spell that nobody seems to be raving about so there is the opportunity make changes.

Whether Sheridan feels that he can get better is another matter. There's definitely better out there but it's all down to money and I guess we're paying relative peanuts for what we've got currently.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 am

Cam an get ya peanats !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:10 am

Reckord has probably had one decent game - the last home game. The problem with Reckord is that he's never had anyone in front of him. Recently, Blanchard on the right has had Berry. Reckord has generally played behind Boco - Boco's useless. He's really bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:27 am

Pitbull wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I've replied to him the best I can.

I dislike his constant criticism of fans that go to games he doesn't attend.
The guy is a tw@t amongst twats cobi, you stood up well to the cheese monkey, he calls the support shite while cracking one off in crawley! he makes out he's a superfan yet never goes! a top class cock!albino albino albino albino cheers
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:30 am

Greenjock wrote:

SPowell92 is a definitely real and distinct person I can confirm. I know who he is/know of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:39 am

GreenSam wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

SPowell92 is a definitely real and distinct person I can confirm. I know who he is/know of him.
Let me guess sam, he's a bloater, trolls websites, and is the supreme being on his own dying shit forum. am i getting warm?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 pm

He's exactly who he says he is.

Unless someone went to the effort to make a twitter account and a blog page which are both updated regularly (and a Facebook account) then he's definitely a real person.

He affords games as a student as he only goes to some away ones local to where he is and a few homes when it isn't term time. I can afford to do that too and last time I checked I wasn't Ian Newell.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 2:49 pm

If our deluded Pyongyang friend is in fact a University student, all that does for me is to demonstrate that you can indeed have a reasonable level of intellect, whilst still being utterly clueless in some aspects of real life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Match Thread...   Lincoln Match Thread... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lincoln Match Thread...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next