Coxside_Green
Greenskin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Prospective MP in blame the fans shock Empty
PostSubject: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Surely not a diversionary tactic?Shocked 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Lee Jameson on pasoti wrote:
We have a City approaching 300,000 and we cant even fill the stadium. I don't want to hear because of the crap football on offer, what about the 70's promotion season the 80's and the Sturrock years.
but surely that would prove building a smaller grandstand a good thing! after all you approved it
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

We'll just ignore the lack of top flight football or the fact we've never been to a major cup final shall we?

As for little ol' Burnley, what a proud history they have including recent top flight football.

Owners of Argyle and their underachievement could never be a problem eh.

Get a clue muppet.

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or are some of the sheep starting to turn into wolves on that thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:34 pm

It's always chicken and egg with these arguments. It's the chairman, the fans, the manager, the ground, the weather, injuries, poor referees, training, tactics, substitutions, deflections etc. and on and on.

Last night, it wasn't the fans. The fans at the back of the Devonport sang and clapped non stop from the end of the first half through 56 minutes in the second half. We did moan and boo too but that was in reaction to what was happening on the pitch. You can't blame the fans - fans blaming fans is odd as they're blaming themselves.

I've given up thinking if a singular argument as to why we are where we are - it's almost everything about the club collectively.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 pm

"It's Sheridan's fault."

"It's the players' fault."

"It's the fans fault."

In fact it's everybody's fault except for James Brent who is a Glorious Leader that we are more than lucky to have. None of us* are fit to even be in the same room as Him. The very fact that He isn't forced to walk only on rose petals cast under His every step everywhere He chooses to go is a source of shame for the entire city* including everybody* who lives in it, has visited it, has driven past it or peered at it from either ship or plane.

* excepting Brent's loyal foot soldiers who are blessed with insight and wisdom beyond the ken of the likes of us.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Lee Jameson everybody's favourite MP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Yes I noticed this little gem but the 46 years of supporting this shambles takes it's toll, you realise first your mum then your wife was right all along, 'what a waste of time and money'!! Notice the boss has to chip in with the same old 'what did you do in the war?' - the club is rotton to the core!!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

No doubt Jameson applauded the selling of Mariner & Rafferty for relative peanuts shortly before Daniels fecked off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Don't Panic's posting style comes across as very familiar in that thread.

popcorn
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Jameson, Newell and the thread starter 'Don't Panic' --- There's an almost "Deepthroat" familiarity in the very careful way they go about apportioning blame.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:50 pm

hairy j wrote:
It's always chicken and egg with these arguments. It's the chairman, the fans, the manager, the ground, the weather, injuries, poor referees, training, tactics, substitutions, deflections etc. and on and on.

Last night, it wasn't the fans. The fans at the back of the Devonport sang and clapped non stop from the end of the first half through 56 minutes in the second half. We did moan and boo too but that was in reaction to what was happening on the pitch. You can't blame the fans - fans blaming fans is odd as they're blaming themselves.

I've given up thinking if a singular argument as to why we are where we are - it's almost everything about the club collectively.
He wasn't specifically referring to last night though,it was more a cretinous argument that Plymouth Argyle should be filling Home Park on a regular basis purely because the city consists of 243000 people.I would be very interested to see if he replies to my counter argument about Swansea and all of those other clubs who were in a similar cart not so long ago but rather doubt that he will.

PS That incessant racket coming from the back of the Devonport end,led by that twot with the drum,last night was only marginally less mind numbing than the fare on offer on the pitch.Hopefully a mobile firing squad will be in place for the next home game,could be beneficially used in very diverse places within HP actually.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Yea Man wrote:

popcorn
LOL. I hadn't seen this post before I did mine! It must be pretty obvious then!Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
hairy j wrote:

He wasn't specifically referring to last night though,it was more a cretinous argument that Plymouth Argyle should be filling Home Park on a regular basis purely because the city consists of 243000 people.I would be very interested to see if he replies to my counter argument about Swansea and all of those other clubs who were in a similar cart not so long ago but rather doubt that he will.

PS That incessant racket coming from the back of the Devonport end,led by that twot with the drum,last night was only marginally less mind numbing than the fare on offer on the pitch.Hopefully a mobile firing squad will be in place for the next home game,could be beneficially used in very diverse places within HP actually.
he was given a free season ticket (as were others :S) to bang his drum with glee and drown out dissenters like last season Greenskin he has to keep his part of the deal in all fairness Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I had my say on the PASALB Facebook thread earlier about this.

Jameson the wanker was slagging off Plymouth and it's narrowminded small time residents last year, saying how he couldn't wait to feck off and get as far away as possible because London was where it's at.

He's just a feckin puppet as usual. And his strings are showing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

popcorn
LOL. I hadn't seen this post before I did mine! It must be pretty obvious then!Laughing 
lol! 

Don't Panic's first post is quite good to read too:

"Don't_Panic" wrote:
I regularly read this site but for various reasons have never felt the need to post on here as like many argyle fans I'm interested mostly in the results on the pitch, what I do wish though is that certain people would stop claiming the opinions on this site or other fan organisations are speaking for 'all' the argyle fans out there & dismiss any positive feedback the club may have received as nonsense, not all of us wish to or can spend large parts of our time typing away on an Internet forum, doesn't make us less of a fan.
Whilst many may not like the ideas so far, there's probably just as many more out there who either do like it or really couldn't give a monkeys testicle, they just want an updated stand with modern facilities, they are just as much a fan of argyle as anyone else out there.
For people wishing to stop this going ahead how is that gonna help the club progress, will the current grandstand in its current state, capacity & amenities bring in new fans & show ambition? Fair enough if constructive feedback leads to slight further improvements (for what it's worth I would like to see a capacity around the 20,000 mark) but for some who claim we should stick with what we got until someone else can do it better?! Well can anyone really see that happening? How long did we have to wait for phase 1 to happen? I'm all for fans voicing concerns in the correct many but I'm concerned that too much negativity & possible 'militant' Wink action could derail plans altogether & we'll be left with a rusting, dated, revenue lacking, stand. My old man isn't getting any younger & he'd love to see home park completed & not looking so sad.....hello by the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Another contradicting quote from the pig wrote:
I'm in both camps really.

Out support has been incredible during these last few years, truly incredible.

But when we had the CCC, people just turned away, making our gates an embarrassment.

I honestly believe our club is a 3rd/2nd tier yoyo club, and the crowds respond accordingly.

However, how anyone can deny the apathetic Janner mentality is beyond me, it crushes the life out of this city
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Considering the thread starter it's all a bit strange. I get the feeling it was somehow intended to be a 'Sheridan out' sort of campaign but it just hasn't turned out that way. Some of the 'hierarchy' never wanted Sheridan to begin with.

Is Jameson a member of PASB or not? It appears not according to his post on page 2.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Maybe he could arrange with a REAL mate for those 300,000 to have a directors box prawn sandwich experience. Only for a 'big' game mind. Oh and take them on a mural tour that will get them moist with excitement.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:06 pm

No he's not. Virginia Pike is the London branch rep. Although I believe LJ stood in for Virginia for a short while, as she took a break for some reason which escapes me. This was during the PASB's infamous vote on issuing statements without any consultation of the fan base.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:08 pm

jameson is full of shit

perhaps the people have just had enough,

Historically Argyle have built up hopes, only to let the football public down. People have just had enough of the same old let downs, same old shit

feck off jameson,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Lets break down briefly why some not all but some are not coming to home park at the moment.

Lets take an average family of 4
so thats £20 odd per ticket and 2 child ones (i forgot how much they are) while buying a program, you got kids and a partner who wont stop moaning they are hungry so refreshments are a must and they dont come cheap and cheerful and are either luke warm to drink or taste vile to eat.

ok so thats well over £50 so far

while your waiting for the game you have to watch a bunch of chavs try and be the dallas cowboys cheerleaders and that's boring the kids to hell while they run around the stand

but now the main event starts

With a group of 4 you have to watch your club play for draw in a boring and uninspiring way while some tw@t bangs a drum driving you mad.
Then its the trip home comes and its a stop of at nandos on the way to cheer the kids up and the enemy you bored to tears after witness

giving all the above its no wonder why so many are waiting for results to improve to warrant parting with money when that same money could go on so many other things.

i know this post is all over the place but the MP doesnt deserve logical posts Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:39 pm

But if you don't attend all these games while we're shit you're a glory hunting plastic and the good times don't feel anywhere like as they do for the REAL FANS.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
No he's not. Virginia Pike is the London branch rep. Although I believe LJ stood in for Virginia for a short while, as she took a break for some reason which escapes me. This was during the PASB's infamous vote on issuing statements without any consultation of the fan base.
Thanks for that. I didn't realise LJ was just 'standing in', I thought it was permanent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Greenjock wrote:
But if you don't attend all these games while we're shit you're a glory hunting plastic and the good times don't feel anywhere like as they do for the REAL FANS.
until the all round experience and costs are addressed glory supporting plastics will stay away more oftern. When the team are playing well and winning the attendances go up when they are losing and playing shit they go down its that simple really jameson!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prospective MP in blame the fans shock   Prospective MP in blame the fans shock Empty

Back to top Go down

Prospective MP in blame the fans shock
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next