Czarcasm
mannameadbabe
lawnmowerman
Dougie
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 am

A trust owned club cant happen here sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 am

Elias wrote:
the solictor letter is a serious blot on his copybook for me.

a trust led club would see an almost permanent civil war at HP, can you imagine it deepthroat mark2.
I've been told that this wasn't the only time Nikkkkkkkkk paid snooper for information on ATD posters!

Exactly why I wouldn't want Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk owning the club, he already seems to be tainted by his association with cnuts like Newell. Remember the "hilarious" hiring of the plane to fly over Sid James Park? Nah Nikkkkkkkkkkkkk's friendship with these idiots far outweighs any benefit his cheque book would bring. I could actually see him giving Newell an official role at the club ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 am

He doesn't need to hire some amateur investigator to find me, he can ask me for my address and turn up anytime he likes. I'll even put the kettle on.

Aslong as he brings me a pasoti sticker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:00 am

Yea Man wrote:
He doesn't need to hire some amateur investigator to find me, he can ask me for my address and turn up anytime he likes.  I'll even put the kettle on.

Aslong as he brings me a pasoti sticker.
That's how I see it, I would even meet him in a pub as I did newell.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
We all assume Nikk is a fan because he sponsors murals and wotnot?  It's business.

Nikk isn't investing what we consider large amounts of money because he has become a fan over the last 2 years, the reasoning is far deeper.

I don't believe for one minute Brent & Nikk had never met before.

If Nikk was to take over, he'd have to dump one or two, which would make him look a cnut on the 'official' fans site.

I already dislike the tw@t anyway for his (wrongful) actions against a poster on this site.

Nikk, you're not welcome in my book, feck off.
Someone mentioned £80-90K over two years.

As most of this is in the form of sponsorship of the back of shirts, the Devonport and Family Corner, he should be alble to offset that as advertising expenses against tax.

Put into perspective £45K pa probably gets you one substandard player like we already have.

I cannot see him being able to do anything about the impending £2-3M balloon payment to football creditors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:19 am

Jabba is right about the trust led model. I know that the civil war will start as soon as its realised that the Trust could and would take over the club, BUT, the reason to have a Trust led club is obvious, it's so that people like Newell and Webb can't aid and abett the next wanker in a dapper suit to give us a good felching? We know who the people are who we don't want around the club and we would all vote accordingly, a nice little bloodless coup and Newell can moan to himself, X throb and Ollie Argo all he likes, the ship would have sailed without him leaving him adrift on insanity island.
As for Nikkk, I think that he would only have the resources to buy a place on the board of a conference club not a whole league club. He is mental enough to spunk all his wad on Argyle you only have to see how he spends his leisure time to realise he ain't all there.
I wonder whether Nikk would appear back on here if he were to buy the club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:31 am

Many on here have been going to Argyle for years. Bearing in mind you see the same old faces at away games and his age I've never seen Nikkk ever prior to his charidee work.

As others have mentioned he lacks class. The stupid plane idea and the solicitors letter tells me that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:37 am

Unless the Club intend to lower its standards even more then it's way out of Nikkks class, football has changed since the days when we had restaurant owners and local newsagents as owners.

And yes, the bloke is a bit of a prat as well, let's be honest about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Take Nikkks bizarre friendship with Nool out of the equation for a minute, he would be a far more palatable owner of PAFC. Nikkk has put tens of thousands of £££'s more in to the club than Brent ever has, or ever will.

Nikkk will almost certainly own PAFC at some point in the next few years. Newell knows this, and as such has aligned himself accordingly.

For me the bottom line is, at least Nikkk is a fan. Brent is just a hard-nosed financier who has had to take on the burden of owning Argyle, to open up the Pandora's Box of lucrative delights at Millbay.
I would rather have  completely new owners with serious money as my first choice, but i would rather nikkk owned the club than banker brent, even if it means the fat controller will still be hanging around the directors box, for the good of the club nikkk has got to be better than this brentmare situation we have now.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 pm

That plane stunt was undoubtedly naff, lacking in humour, expensive, unoriginal, provocative and completely lacked class. It is no wonder Newell was involved in it. The thing that puzzles me is why would anybody with an ounce of common sense would get involved?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Despite being a "wonderful" (Jon B brown nose style) man and doing stuff and all that twaddle, that stunt was cheap, tacky, uncouth, embarrassing, vulgar, unfunny and not something that would be deemed as acceptable behavior from a potential owner of a professional football club, hence the title of ‘prat’.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:19 pm

It does make you ask the question of where he came from?

I used to attend most matches home and away and never saw him around and you usually see the regulars, especially away.

I never saw webby either but then that's another story for another time.

Of course fans can start to support whenever they like but it just makes you wonder where he was when the club was crying out for investment and sponsorship when Holloway was here.

This isn't a dig at Nikkk it's a genuine question and before the pig calls me a coward I'd ask nikkk the same question to his face if he were here.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Nikkkkkkkk is just returning to a subject his posted about before

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I agree with others that the rush to his lawyers means its a big no from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Dougie wrote:
Nikkkkkkkk is just returning to a subject his posted about before

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I agree with others that the rush to his lawyers means its a big no from me.
From that thread it is obvious that Nikkkkkkkkkkkkk didn't know Webby, strange for such fervent lifelong fans not to have crossed paths scratch  and also that he's really a United fan, probably where he knows Newell from.

It's so good having access to history angry Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If we think there's disharmony at Home Park now, then a Trust run club with all the social climbers jockeying for position and status would infinitely trump the current Status Quo, in terms of potential basket-case status.
Under a Trust run club it would be open to you to campaign against such people with a reasonable chance of success and vote them out - or vote those you wanted in, which amounts to the same thing. Anyway, this idea that the superfans are the principal problem is completely misguided. They may be odious and self-serving individuals, but they don't own the club or make the decisions - like the medieval courtiers they resemble, they would be nothing without the king.

Power always attracts some of the wrong people whatever the system, but would you give up democracy for a fascist dictatorship for that reason? Because that is far closer to what you have at the moment than any form of fan-ownership. The presence of individuals in the boardroom or the directors' box who just happen to be fans has absolutely nothing in common with the Trust model. By that rationale Wigan and Brighton are fan-owned clubs, as Blackburn once were when they won the Premiership. Interestingly even their Trust - at a club once governed by the very ownership model of the "benevolent dictator" you advocate - now sees fan ownership as the best solution to the clusterfuck taking place at Ewood Park. You see, "good" private owners or benefactors inconveniently die of natural causes, as once happened at Blackburn and Grays; or kill themselves, as once happened at Macclesfield; or lose their fortune overnight, as once happened at Leyton Orient; or become mentally ill, as happened to a European club whose name escapes me;  or who suffer from any number of the vagaries of fate - and that's without even beginning to consider he legion of crooks and fools that have brought clubs to ruin in the past. Something like half the clubs in the Football League have entered administration since the Premier League was formed. Yet more have gone bust or narrowly avoided financial disaster without actually entering administration per se. Personally I never want my football club to be hostage to the fortunes, vanity, competence, or trustworthiness of a private individual again.

Quote :
We look at the shit situation we're in at the minute. Heading for the bottom of league 4 and going nowhere. With a Trust run club we'd be confining ourselves to almost permanent residence in the bottom two leagues.

Fook that.

It's entirely possible that Brent will take you there anyway - or do you believe Nikkk or anyone else will be prepared to donate money hand over fist to overcome the likely legacy of the Reluctant Bidder, with little prospect of getting it back?

The shit situation you describe has nothing to do with fan ownership. It has been caused entirely by the greed and political manipulation of a wealthy private owner; just as the disaster that led to the shit situation in the first place was caused by the greed (and incompetence) of your former wealthy private owners.

No Trust run club has so far ended up in a worse state than it was under private ownership, let alone found itself "trumping the current Status Quo, in terms of potential basket-case status", with the possible exception of Stockport County. Even in that instance the Trust probably failed ultimately because it was handed the mother of all hospital passes by...(you've guessed it)...a private owner, who was only really interested in acquiring Edgeley Park for Sale Sharks and denied the football club almost all the revenue from the ground (which might give some indication of what could be in store for you if Jimmy Boy continues to act true to form).

Of course their return to private ownership has hardly been a stellar success either. In fact none of the the formerly Trust-run clubs who have returned to private ownership have dramatically improved their fortunes as result - Northampton have battled against leaving the Football League on more than one occasion and Notts County fans are at war with their private owner, who is refusing to put any more money into the club to appease the horrible ingrates. Chesterfield got a new ground out of it, but on the other hand Dave Allen announced last summer that their £7 million pound debt is "far too high" and that in future they will have to drastically reduce it and become a selling club.

Quote :
I'd rather have the prospect that someone like nikkk would risk his own cash to try and achieve something...
I doubt Nikkk has enough money to fund the club to the extent that is likely to be necessary to establish yourselves in the Championship if financial doping is the only way to do it. The Championship has evolved to the state where all bar a couple of perennial relegation candidates are usually minted to a serious degree or are bigger clubs than yourselves. Even the likes of Crystal Palace, who were routinely described as being financially outgunned last year, are owned by not one, but three or four extremely rich men by normal standards, including the founder of Churchill Insurance.

Quote :
Whats the worst that can happen? Go bust, rise again, and come to Home Park and get 3 points just like Newport will be doing on tuesday evening...

This glib solution ignores those clubs who have never risen again to any serious degree. Are you really prepared to gamble with the future of your club like that? I find that astonishing to be honest. Notwithstanding that, you seem to be forgetting that it took Newport 21 years just to reach the Conference Premier, during which time they lost their ground and for a period had to play home matches 80 miles away.

If you think the idea of Trust ownership is really worse than that for you then I suppose I have to respect your view - however I can't pretend to understand it for a minute.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I see from the thread that esmer believes you are building a "quality team".

Built to terrify the Skrill Premier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2