lawnmowerman
Dougie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe Empty
PostSubject: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Nikkkkkk wrote:
In time I hope to be more significantly involved when perhaps as a fan, investment becomes the result of the heart decisons rather than the brain getting involved !!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:24 pm

if your investment has ian newell involved i rather see the club die it would be kinder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:31 pm

It's written in the stars that one day Nikkk will own PAFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Yea Man wrote:
it was the worse kept secret of all time.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Thats one for the I told you so thread in a few months years weeks
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:46 pm

It would be the stifling of any ambitions for sure. But this eventuality is inevitable as our club has been devalued by Harry Potter and we'll be a cheap buy for someone - with our assets stripped and no value left what option will there be.

But I really think that Karma will get Brent one day.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Take Nikkks bizarre friendship with Nool out of the equation for a minute, he would be a far more palatable owner of PAFC. Nikkk has put tens of thousands of £££'s more in to the club than Brent ever has, or ever will.

Nikkk will almost certainly own PAFC at some point in the next few years. Newell knows this, and as such has aligned himself accordingly.

For me the bottom line is, at least Nikkk is a fan. Brent is just a hard-nosed financier who has had to take on the burden of owning Argyle, to open up the Pandora's Box of lucrative delights at Millbay.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Why would a true investor invest in Argyle? There's no land to be exploited by being built on or sold; no scouting or coaching or youth network worth a wank; no sellable players; no hope of extending Home Park's capacity; a school in one corner, a dentist in another and either retail units or a car park on watertight long term deals underneath.

It'll never be a worthwhile investment in any meaningful sense ever again. PAFC might be a deserving basket case or an institution reliant on charity but it will never, ever be a viable investment opportunity for anyone.

That's how completely and utterly the club is being shafted by Brent. Not only are we screwed now but we're screwed forever.

But at least we still have a club to support.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Spot on, i'd be more than happy for him to takeover right now if it meant B***t and his shantytown plans disappeared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Nikkk on his own for me would be a good owner of the club.

He's already invested a great deal and if it's to be believed he's looking to invest further then why isn't he asking for some kind of official position at the club?

If Nikkk were to buy Argyle and he did it alone then fine, if Newell and any of the other clingons have any kind of role at the club then that will be the final straw for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Newell really doesn't like Damon. Is that because he's been there and done it and sat in the Director's Box as a Director rather than as someone pretending to be something he isn't?
Nikkkkkkkkkkk owning the club? I would doubt he could afford to get the club back as a second tier football team but being a football team would be a start.
I didn't win the lottery - maybe next week.
We need a group of Directors as having one owner isn't a good model - we can all see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 pm

hairy j wrote:
Newell really doesn't like Damon. Is that because he's been there and done it and sat in the Director's Box as a Director rather than as someone pretending to be something he isn't?
Nikkkkkkkkkkk owning the club? I would doubt he could afford to get the club back as a second tier football team but being a football team would be a start.
We need a group of Directors as having one owner isn't a good model - we can all see that.
Newell doesn't like Damon because he's jealous that Damon has been there for real and got the t-shirt.

Damon is what Newell wants to be at Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 pm

if nikkkk promised/signed a waiver saying ian will have 0% involvement with the club other then that of a fan i would support his takeover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Take Nikkks bizarre friendship with Nool out of the equation for a minute, he would be a far more palatable owner of PAFC. Nikkk has put tens of thousands of £££'s more in to the club than Brent ever has, or ever will.

Nikkk will almost certainly own PAFC at some point in the next few years. Newell knows this, and as such has aligned himself accordingly.

For me the bottom line is, at least Nikkk is a fan. Brent is just a hard-nosed financier who has had to take on the burden of owning Argyle, to open up the Pandora's Box of lucrative delights at Millbay.
Is he a fan though? We only have nools word for it. He also sent a writ to a fellow argyle Fan. I don't trust him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Is he a fan though? We only have nools word for it. He also sent a writ to a fellow argyle Fan. I don't trust him.
wrong one at that aswell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:03 pm

hairy j wrote:
I think newell is very threatened by Damon and he's right to be. Damon is far more intelligent, has experience and is a good relationship builder. If you were Nikkk, who would you want sitting beside you, Damon or, a half witted, mug selling sticker licker?

What would be best for the Club, Damon or newell? It's not rocket science is it.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Niikkkkk also says this -

In the mean time James and his real support ( and i think deep down you recognise that ) is the the best option to get over the post administration line and set things up for the future

- which is quite worrying in that it's such a short term view. When does this 'post administration line' get crossed?

A prospective owner (if that's what he is) should have a much more strategic view of the future of the football club, not just come out with something that meets the party line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Newell is definitely jealous of Damon but you only have to see that thread on pasoti developing to see that nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkk can't stand Damon either and as he's thrown his hat into the ring with regards to owning the club some time in the future, he's already confirmed that Newell will be a lieutenant of some kind!

Nikkkkk has invested in the club and seems to be saying he's got the cash to splash in future on the club so it's inevitable that he will either own the club outright or have a chunk of the club in the not too distant future, and that will only mean Newell and co being even more smug and close to the owner than they are now.

I would welcome someone like nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkk taking over as there is no doubt that he is a fan who will do everything in his power to gain success, but I honestly don't think I can stomach anymore of cnuts like Newell and Webb strolling round Home Park like they own the place, it's bad enough now so can you imagine the scenes every week if nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkk owns the club?

I think we need a group of wealthy fans willing to invest knowing they're unlikely to ever recoup their investment but that's not really likely.

I'm almost done with this shit now and what's on the horizon is not making me feel any different.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:34 pm

We all assume Nikk is a fan because he sponsors murals and wotnot? It's business.

Nikk isn't investing what we consider large amounts of money because he has become a fan over the last 2 years, the reasoning is far deeper.

I don't believe for one minute Brent & Nikk had never met before.

If Nikk was to take over, he'd have to dump one or two, which would make him look a cnut on the 'official' fans site.

I already dislike the tw@t anyway for his (wrongful) actions against a poster on this site.

Nikk, you're not welcome in my book, feck off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 pm

If you are right Jock then I would be concerned if Nikkk did take over the shambles but remember, it wasn't that long ago that Jones hated newell.

If newell does manage to bum his way in it won't be because he's a top mug salesmen, it'll because he has another Flkr account somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:47 pm

My own thoughts are that it's nailed on Nikk will take over. Around the time when the FL debt needs to be settled. He'll have the resources to do this I suspect. The club wont be any better off, not financially anyway, we supporters will still be lumbered with the same debt.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:07 am

Yea Man wrote:
The only hope you have to prevent that is to put all your weight behind a Trust takeover - or at least a takeover in which the Trust has a voting share.

The only alternatives I can see is to roll over and let the self-aggrandising turncoats walk through the gates unopposed; or to slag the Trust for not doing exactly what you want it to and subscribe to the popular but IMO bird-brained argument that the solution to having been fecked over by a series of leeches is to find a better class of leech.

Your choice.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:19 am

If we think there's disharmony at Home Park now, then a Trust run club with all the social climbers jockeying for position and status would infinitely trump the current Status Quo, in terms of potential basket-case status.

We look at the shit situation we're in at the minute. Heading for the bottom of league 4 and going nowhere. With a Trust run club we'd be confining ourselves to almost permanent residence in the bottom two leagues.

Fook that.

I'd rather have the prospect that someone like nikkk would risk his own cash to try and achieve something. Whats the worst that can happen? Go bust, rise again, and come to Home Park and get 3 points just like Newport will be doing on tuesday evening.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:22 am

3 statuses in one sentence. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:25 am

the solictor letter is a serious blot on his copybook for me.

a trust led club would see an almost permanent civil war at HP, can you imagine it deepthroat mark2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe   New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe Empty

Back to top Go down

New Investor - Sometime in the Future - Maybe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next