Go down 
+3
PlymptonPilgrim
hippo
tcm
7 posters
AuthorMessage

I have seen the future Empty
PostSubject: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Have a look at this Linky do dah

I can see it now:- Knock knock.... COME IN.....(where’s webby and nool enter).....we have had a great idea JB we think we can get a striker for the team for free.... HOW DO YOU PROPOSE TO DO THIS..... we think we can get the avivas to pay..... WILL THEY STAND FOR IT..... we will get them some more flags they like flags.....EXCELLENT SEE TO IT RIGHT AWAY.....yes JB right away JB.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:29 pm

theres a group of fans out there with 5 mill ready to invest aparently?,,why the feck not?
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Grumpy wrote:

I can see it now:- Knock knock.... COME IN.....(where’s webby and nool enter).....we have had a great idea JB we think we can get a striker for the team for free.... HOW DO YOU PROPOSE TO DO THIS..... we think we can get the avivas to pay..... WILL THEY STAND FOR IT..... we will get them some more flags they like flags.....EXCELLENT SEE TO IT RIGHT AWAY.....yes JB right away JB.
You make JB sound like a maniacal Dr Who monster. Where's the settee, I need to hide Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:15 pm

tcm wrote:
theres a group of fans out there with 5 mill ready to invest aparently?,,why the feck not?

In more flags? No thanks, or is it to top up the competetive budget we had currently wasted, sorry exhausted.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:00 pm

tcm wrote:

Actually, there are a number of very well off Argyle fans scattered throughout the country.

The sad thing is, if anyone were to want to invest at the moment, I'm pretty sure Webb and Newell would do their utmost to stop it happening.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:03 pm

well shouldnt some one be chatting to them?,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:24 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
tcm wrote:

Actually, there are a number of very well off Argyle fans scattered throughout the country.

The sad thing is, if anyone were to want to invest at the moment, I'm pretty sure Webb and Newell would do their utmost to stop it happening.

Care to explain your reasoning behind that statement ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 am

Any money spent on players whilst Fletcher is still manager would be foolish imo.

Anyway, Nool told everyone 'there will be no walleted directors'.

He didn't say they'd be self promoting' scheming dimwits too............. but some of us knew what he meant. Brent Sahib and jamboys just f*ck off !

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/matchdisplays/2012-08-21/1/slides/P1220430.asp

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
tcm wrote:

ide be interested too?so the reasoning?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am

tcm wrote:
well shouldnt some one be chatting to them?,

Throughout my time in supporting the club,there has never been a shortage of local businessmen who showed an interest in taking a position of power and influence at Home park.It has to be said that although they could not cope with progressing the club beyond the second tier,they did manage to keep the club at least as a yo-yo higher third/lower second tier outfit.And when those boards of directors hit a low ebb,there always seemed to be someone else ready to take on the mantle-Angilley,Tiller etc staged unsuccessful bids to take the club over. It was very intriguing to me to see the conspicuous absence of any such businessmen [Brent aside] during the admin period.No doubt the level of debt ,which actually was not that great in comparative terms,was a factor,maybe there were others.It will be interesting to see, if Argyles fortunes plummet even further,if any local consortia emerge as they used to in times of crisis.I would imagine that the car park development issue would be a major bone of contention in any prospective deal-what an accursed day it was when the club purchased the freehold from PCC.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 am

Grumpy wrote:

The essential difference being that the democratically elected Exeter City Fans Trust owns the club.

Whom apart from Nool's pigeon Nikk and a few dim but ambitious Avivas, would contribute financially towards a club owned solely by a property developer ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 am

Tringreen wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

The essential difference being that the democratically elected Exeter City Fans Trust owns the club.

Whom apart from Nool's pigeon Nikk and a few dim but ambitious Avivas, would contribute financially towards a club owned solely by a property developer ?

You have it spot on Tring. The Club agreed to supporters setting up a separate fund to pay for the wages on a new player. The idea of a separate fund called the 1931 Fund was suggested by an ordinary City fan in London and was agreed amongst like minded individuals (no big earners here, no Nikks, just city fans willing to help). Each 1931 member contribute a set monthly amount (£19) which is used solely to pay the wages of a new young player. The decision to play rests with the manager. It works for us and is real fan involvement. A fan suggested it, other fans agreed, the idea was presented to the Club who agreed, a fund was set up, a player suggested by the fans and we go out and bring one in.

We would only do this if we trusted those in charge. We would never consider this if the likes of Newell and Webb were involved in our club. No self promotion here, no self promotion allowed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:28 am

I was taken to my first Argyle match 53/55 years a go Jimmy Gauld was here then, anyway I was hooked.

There have been gaps in my attendance but over the years I must have spent a small fortune on Argyle, BUT NO MORE I am not putting one more penny piece into Brents coffers as the man is taking the piss with his “adequate Budget” adequate to take us into the blue square.

The club is truly fecked with this regime at the helm. But the question is how do you sort it ? It's probably to much for one person.

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:33 am

Grumpy wrote:
I was taken to my first Argyle match 53/55 years a go Jimmy Gauld was here then, anyway I was hooked.

There have been gaps in my attendance but over the years I must have spent a small fortune on Argyle, BUT NO MORE I am not putting one more penny piece into Brents coffers as the man is taking the piss with his “adequate Budget” adequate to take us into the blue square.

The club is truly fecked with this regime at the helm. But the question is how do you sort it ? It's probably to much for one person.

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!

I contributed £50 to sponsor a fat player. Never again Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!

You love RW really Tringy don't you. No need to be be so defensive about it lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:12 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!

You love RW really Tringy don't you. No need to be be so defensive about it lol!

Careful, your slip is showing my dear old thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:39 pm

tcm wrote:

yeah put they want player bought not new flags though lol!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:39 am

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the future   I have seen the future Empty

Back to top Go down

I have seen the future
Page 1 of 1