PlymptonPilgrim
Rickler
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
why isnt more effort being put into increasing the numbers attending games rather then set up some sort of Lazio fan club in the devonport end?

Because those fans who haven't attended throughout this decline are mere plastics and have no place in this football club. To quote someone dear to our hearts "where were you when we were shit."

True enough,as far as it goes. Don't think it would be correct to label all fans who have been lost as "plastics",though,or to say that they have "no place in this football club". As Tring and myself have banged on about,to the point of distraction,the only reason why Argyle have never built up a stable,large,loyal fanbase,a la Norwich or Southampton,is that the club has never actually achieved anything.It's very interesting to see Bristol City's gates this season-down fairly dramatically this season as results have declined.Similar club really,its also interesting to note that Ipswich and Coventry are starting to lose some of their hard core support-it can't be a coincidence that those two clubs have been in the second tier now for a goodly few years and don't look like making a return to the premier.In answer to Phenom's question,you can try all the initiatves that you want [remember the New World,free buses,free tickets etc] and if they bring in a 100 more fans per game,all well and good.But ultimately the only way to build a committed fanbase over a period of time is success on the pitch, and consistent success at that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:36 pm

I agree! Don't be so quick to criticise those who have chosen not to pay good money to watch the horror shows being served up on the pitch week in and week out over the past 4 years. Many of those who stayed away have put a lot of money into the club and were disgracefuly betrayed by the unmentionable *****wallet and co. They put up with a lot and I don't blame them one bit for turning their backs on the club. To say they have no place in this football club is utterly proposterous. Of course they have a place! And it's now up to the new incumbents to do everything they can to intice these 'plastics' back again. Give me Home park full of 20,000 'plastics' anyday - it's a sign of success on the pitch!
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm

I forgot the tongue in cheek smiley!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:44 pm

So, now that Phase 1 has been built for nearly ten years, have the foundations somehow mystically strengthened or summat, to withstand bouncing?

Either that, or all the structural Health and Safety 'concerns' that were quoted and used to prevent fans standing in the Lyndhurst for so many years, were indeed a load of bullshit.

Funny that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
why isnt more effort being put into increasing the numbers attending games rather then set up some sort of Lazio fan club in the devonport end?

Because those fans who haven't attended throughout this decline are mere plastics and have no place in this football club. To quote someone dear to our hearts "where were you when we were shit."

Indeed. "What did you do in the war ?"
A tiresome track that always ends up as what it is ... same old childlike politics where the judges themselves always come out of it smelling of roses.
I have had a few chuckles over the last few years as favoured mates have been spared the firing squads and handed down "Reserved occupation", paternity leave or "wounded in action" status as they jumped ship just like the rest of the 'green army'.

I knew this rather sad culture existed at Argyle, one would hear them on occasion at the bigger games throughout the years, griping and scowling at the new plastic foot fall entering their domain. I never really gave them much time in my thoughts until I happened accross Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: No-one's asking me, but   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 pm

I'd have given a couple of options...
'Gang Green' to show the groups self-deprecating humorous side.
Or maybe something simple and not necessarily argo specific like 'The Buzz'. Something which is positive and has been so obviously missing for the last few years.

Oh wait, no need to think of anything because it is obvious, what with the fact that Jon Beswetherick's haircut was dark, greasy and long, that we need to show our Italian roots.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Say what you like about this idea, I can't think of a better way to take the heat off the inviting of one of the malignant 7 back to Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Or maybe something simple and not necessarily argo specific like 'The Buzz'. Something which is positive and has been so obviously missing for the last few years.

Oh wait, no need to think of anything because it is obvious, what with the fact that Jon Beswetherick's haircut was dark, greasy and long, that we need to show our Italian roots.

Very surprising that Capaldi hasn't been mentioned re the Italian connection.Or McHillini.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:32 pm

GOB wrote:
Say what you like about this idea, I can't think of a better way to take the heat off the inviting of one of the malignant 7 back to Home Park.

And did TW come back and did he come back as a guest of the Pres..?

Another question that is just ignored.

It's almost like the subject never even came up to begin with...
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

and his Dad taught Latin which is almost Italian.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:29 am

Did a spot of digging re: The Italian Connection and found this. Mystery solved.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:37 am

It's quite funny really...

But if this 'ultra' thing had been started by someone not on the 'approved' list, the whole shambles would have been relegated to "junior Pasoti".

Isn't that where threads about people singing songs are put?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:14 am

Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

And did TW come back and did he come back as a guest of the Pres..?

Another question that is just ignored.

It's almost like the subject never even came up to begin with...

I think the wall of silence would suggest Wrathall had read the thread concerned, and realised not even a Pardon from the President was enough to change peoples opinions on any of the ex-directors.

The ironic thing is, if nothing had been said and TW had covertly slipped back in, all the hoo-ha wouldn't have happened.

Bit of an own goal from the President, really.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:34 am

Rickler wrote:

It's quite funny really...

But if this 'ultra' thing had been started by someone not on the 'approved' list, the whole shambles would have been relegated to "junior Pasoti".

Isn't that where threads about people singing songs are put?

You've actually hit the nail on the head there, Ricks. Pasoti has become junior pasoti. It's churlish of me to deny the future support there chance to have their say, but it's all a bit playground now. I remember those school days, long long ago, were you can still name all the big boys above you yet they wouldn't have a clue who you were and similarly when you or I were "cock of the walk" the little ones were treated with the distain befitting their status until you needed some fagging done jocolor

Of course the sad thing is the young element of Pasoti are a mere handful of their generation who actually give a flying one about Argo.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
John_Vaughan wrote:
You can get a decent pizza in Plymouth.

I love a good match atmosphere, but all seater grounds just don't allow it. Either allow people to stand in certain parts of a ground or bring back the terraces.

It will be interesting to see the initial take up for this initiative.

I'm waiting for an answer to these questions I posted on another site.

Will members of the <insert name here> have to sit whilst singing?

Have the football authorities (or those responsible for the no standing rule/law), the stewards and the police been consulted?

Will flags on sticks be allowed?

How many of the <insert name here> will be ejected from the ground? If not done properly, it could cause a lot of trouble.

John,

You may or may not have noticed that fans have been standing at the back of blocks 3/4 for quite some time now with the approval of the Club.

Still even taking into account the above, yes we have spoken to the Police who have been very helpful.

We are meeting the Club later in the week to discuss flags etc coming into the stadium.

Fans ejected? Its a group aiming to bring atmosphere back to Home Park not a riot. Fans signing and perhaps bouncing. Never known anyone thrown out for that.

Thanks for the reply Chris. I hope that it works well.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:06 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Indeed, alternatively you're labelled a "tosser" for having a moral objection to giving money to the AFC Heaney/Ridsdale's landlord/tennant construct.

I don't begrudge anyone their flags and songs, it all adds to the atmosphere. I do however measure the 'ultraness' of an Argyle fans by how many 'tree rings' he has when you chop him in half - not how vigourously he sings or waves a flag. So should any badge wearing 'ultra' decide one day to encourage me to sing up or suggest i'm somewhat 'less' of a fan for not having my face painted green I put him on notice now that it is surprising how far one flag can be shoved up a human rectum.

Carry on Ultras, just don't try to convert any crusties, allow them to support in the way they see fit please, it's absolutely no less loyal than any newfangled modern interpretation of support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nobody is asking me, but...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: