PlymptonPilgrim
Rickler
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Nobody is asking me, but... Empty
PostSubject: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

The "Green Choir".

Is my choice for The Green Army's singing (Ultra) section...
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 am

I'm sure it isn't but it all sounds vaguely fascist to me. He'll be getting them to wear blackshirts next.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, and a grumpy old sod, but when I go to Home Park, I go to watch a football match, not so that I can boast about who I met at a fan fest, or how much I sang and supported the team.

I support the team by being there. Is that wrong these days?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I'm sure it isn't but it all sounds vaguely fascist to me. He'll be getting them to wear blackshirts next.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, and a grumpy old sod, but when I go to Home Park, I go to watch a football match, not so that I can boast about who I met at a fan fest, or how much I sang and supported the team.

I support the team by being there. Is that wrong these days?

Looks like it. Mind you, it has never been the same since the terraces went and stadiums became sanitised and plastic .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 pm

I remember the times when the football provided the excitement. Does everything revolving around football these days have to be artificially, synthetically polymer based?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I agree. I hated the discussions about "What music to play when we score to create an atmosphere". And I see that part of the proposals include giving certain individuals loudspeakers so they can lead the singing. WHAT!!!!!!
I'm turning into a boring old fart ranting about the good old days but.... I ask you!!!! I'm pleased to put the aggro, the obscenities, the violence etc behind us but don't take the passion away as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:50 pm

I asked this a few days ago, what was the name of the guy that tried it standing on the pitch with a loudspeaker in front of the Devonport End sometime in the late 60s early 70s? - He flopped enormously, I predict an embarrassingly similar reaction. The football has to provide the excitement not an employee, it'll work when we're doing well but let's see what happens on a cold and wet Tuesday night when we're 2 nil down to a club based in a small northern town whilst we're bottom of the FL.

More ammo for our friends up the A38 if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Some of the Palace lot set up a similar thing a few years ago

Palace Ultras article

No idea if it's still going or if it brings anything to the atmosphere. Went to Selhurst a few years back (Timar scored with a header - thing it was first game of the season) but don't recall being blown away by a cacophony of sound and riot of colour.

It's not an Argyle thing per se but introducing safe standing a la the Bundesliga would improve matters no end. Fat chance of that happening, though.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 pm

GOB wrote:
I asked this a few days ago, what was the name of the guy that tried it standing on the pitch with a loudspeaker in front of the Devonport End sometime in the late 60s early 70s? - He flopped enormously, I predict an embarrassingly similar reaction. The football has to provide the excitement not an employee, it'll work when we're doing well but let's see what happens on a cold and wet Tuesday night when we're 2 nil down to a club based in a small northern town whilst we're bottom of the FL.

More ammo for our friends up the A38 if you ask me.

May have been Len Jackman,GOB,i seem to remember him trying to stir up the crowd and being largely ignored,i think he used to play an accordion or some such instrument.The best way to generate a good atmosphere inside any football ground is to have a team that plays some decent football and wins some matches to give hope that something akin to progress is being made,which hasn't been the case for a year or two at HP.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 pm

I think jester hats and wigs help people get excited anf improve the atmosphere jocolor farao afro rendeer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think jester hats and wigs help people get excited anf improve the atmosphere jocolor farao afro rendeer

Maybe so, but we're not discussing your dressing up parties Wink it's the Demport between 3 and 5 every other Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm

From twitter regarding name for the ultras group:

@Chris_Webb1: GROUP NAME: 'Armada 86' , 'Resurgam 1886' , 'Pheonix 86' or 'Argyle Ultras 86' Have your say and cast your vote on pasoti tonight.

Looks like 'The Green Choir' didn't get a look-in, Rickler...

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Doesn't look like many are keen on the suggested names- many have abstained from the vote- "typical Janners" Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:28 pm

I hope a massive flag with 'Pheonix 86' on it doesn't get printed...
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Nick wrote:

Looks like 'The Green Choir' didn't get a look-in, Rickler...

Are you surprised? President Webb and Newell would rather scrap the whole idea then put that name into the pot to be voted on.

Why have a name that describes what the group is about, when you can have a name like "Pheonix 86" that sounds like a live Spinal Tap album.

Maybe it should have been 'The Green choir 86'

It obviously has to have 86 in the title because Newell thinks it "feels right" and what Ian says goes...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Armada 86 looks like being the winner.

They sunk.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Not surprised Rickler, no. Am surprised that Aviva 86 wasn't on the shortlist tho' Shocked

I sort of like the idea in principle - if the atmosphere generated at away games could be bottled and taken to HP then great - but don't think the 'group' need a name really. Green Army, shurely?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Armada 86 looks like being the winner.

They sunk.

Hold the presses!!!

Chris Webb wrote:

IJN putting together a poll with EVERY suggestion that was made. .

'Every' suggestion?

Ok..

'The Green (Army) Choir.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Well, Well, Well...

What a surprise....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Neither suggestion is there!

Oh, Mr. President.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Where is my sick bucket!!

Oh my Jester hat as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:59 pm

chameleons is probably a more apt name for a few.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm

AVIVAS and Argyle Ultra Democratic! lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:13 pm

There are some shit names on that list. 'James Brent's Barmy Army'?? jocolor clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
AVIVAS and Argyle Ultra Democratic! lol! cheers

Time for Gob to put his 20+ user names to good use!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Brents Bumlickers?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Looks like its between Green Army (20%) (kind of defeats the object of having the poll), followed by Los Verdes (17%) and Argyle Ultras 1886 (11%) after 117 votes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is asking me, but...   Nobody is asking me, but... Empty

Back to top Go down

Nobody is asking me, but...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: