Go down 
+2
argylepaul
Chemical Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Ashley Hemmings on loan Empty
PostSubject: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Reported on pasoti that we are looking to finalise a loan deal for Wolves winger/ striker Ashley Hemmings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:31 pm

He had a spell at Torquay last season.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:31 pm

If he scores the goal that wins us promotion this season, then I for one am not complaining.

No hey. Hold on! I have just been told we are adrift at the bottom of the Football League, and he hasn't ever scored a senior goal. Not ever.
Still with Nick Chadwick turning back the years to those salad days when he was idolised by the Mayflower Stand, I am looking forward to my first visit to Forest Green Rovers.

This is my first (and obviously) crappest post on here, so it's a welcome to me. I must say there is a better selection of pictograms then on Pasoti. You even have black people. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Hello Paul!

Welcome. Not as much banter here, but never the less we can talk Argyle without getting Poultice all wound up!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Now confirmed-

His shirt number is 31 if anyone wants his name and number on their new shirt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Hello Paul!

Welcome. Not as much banter here, but never the less we can talk Argyle without getting Poultice all wound up!

Ditto...........
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Hello Paul!

Good afternoon Cerbera. Unusual first name! And to Tringreen too. Ta very much.
Is Poultice not a user? Took him a while to get back on Exeweb, as he had obviously gone to Walsall, obviously.

Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:27 pm

hi paul nice to see this site growing all the time Very Happy but back to hemmings im just left totally underwhelmed wheres the quality that are going to help us stay in this division im not having a pop at him but im sure chris webb said we were going to make a couple of signings that would show the football world that argyle are back surely he didn't mean chadwick and hemmings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:31 pm

argylepaul wrote:
If he scores the goal that wins us promotion this season, then I for one am not complaining.

No hey. Hold on! I have just been told we are adrift at the bottom of the Football League, and he hasn't ever scored a senior goal. Not ever.
Still with Nick Chadwick turning back the years to those salad days when he was idolised by the Mayflower Stand, I am looking forward to my first visit to Forest Green Rovers.

This is my first (and obviously) crappest post on here, so it's a welcome to me. I must say there is a better selection of pictograms then on Pasoti. You even have black people. afro

Nah! That's a little man coming out of a dark tunnel. Mind you, we do have Arabs farao
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:32 pm

and the queen queen

and prince Harry king or should that be geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:37 pm

And, being the bottom of the league, several points adrift and shipping goals like .... er a team that's shipping lots of goals, it's no surprise the standard of signings we are able to make. Lets hope for another 1 or 2 and see how the next few matches go.

Bignot looked good (better when he wasn't kicking the opposition), Purse could be what we were all asking for at the back, Chadwick will certainly add experience up front and has scored a few recently at a lower level. Let's see....... not much else we can do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:04 pm

funny man wrote:
Let's see....... not much else we can do!

I'm not so sure about that FM.
It appears we're just adding a couple of bolt ons to a bankrupt team morale where the actual culture and personnel is just carrying on as before. We need a new overseer, a real new impetus, in the same way that Pulis took on the whole club and turned it around in less than 3 months. There's no transfer vwindow with managers. We need a new manager who can instill a new culture, a new era, something that players would be attracted to. It needs a proper commitment NOW, and changing the manager would be just that. It all feels like tinkering to me because everyone is afraid to make big changes that would upset anyone involved in the last 9 months... it all feels a bit politically correct, and following the rumours that some people at the club think we're only a couple of players short of a reasonable team. If Reid was to go, a new broom was needed ... and fast ... we didn't get one.

People carry things with them , even if they try to shake it off ... I don't call Fletch Jonah for nothing, he has been right at the heart of everything in the last two relegations and needs to be moved on, or pegged to his place in the team, lose any captaincy, and told to keep his thoughts to himself and just play football. It needs a hard man in charge, nice guy Mariner was dominated, and it appears Reidy bwas just biding his time and keeping away from anything contentious. I remind people what Warnock did at Palace with Fletcher in order to save their butts... it should happen again here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:12 pm

I agree with that PP but realistically I don't think we can do anything about it.

My trouble is that I still believe in that wooly 60's hippy thing about giving someone as well as peace a chance. Clearly, you, being younger are in with the much harder-nosed Thatcherite attitude when success is all-important (alright.... I exagerate Rolling Eyes Laughing ). I think Fletcher should be given the chance to bring his own players in, rather than the ridiculously young players he has had up 'til now, and see how he and they perform. I don't like the attitude of sacking managers if a handful of results go against you. And Fletcher certainly hasn't had a proper chance. There are certainly many things I would want different but I have no say in the matter and I don't have a time-machine anyway.

My view is that the next five or so games ought to give a clearer picture about what should be done! Ask me again then.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:16 pm

funny man wrote:
I agree with that PP but realistically I don't think we can do anything about it.

My trouble is that I still believe in that wooly 60's hippy thing about giving someone as well as peace a chance. Clearly, you, being younger are in with the much harder-nosed Thatcherite attitude when success is all-important (alright.... I exagerate Rolling Eyes Laughing ). I think Fletcher should be given the chance to bring his own players in, rather than the ridiculously young players he has had up 'til now, and see how he and they perform. I don't like the attitude of sacking managers if a handful of results go against you. And Fletcher certainly hasn't had a proper chance. There are certainly many things I would want different but I have no say in the matter and I don't have a time-machine anyway.

My view is that the next five or so games ought to give a clearer picture about what should be done! Ask me again then.

PP a Thatcherite! Don't think so,mate. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Greenskin wrote:
funny man wrote:

PP a Thatcherite! Don't think so,mate. lol!

I know!!!! I used to enjoy his posts on pasoti - sometimes a breath of fresh air that had me waiting for the outraged responses (sometimes a lead balloon that had me checking that he was writing about a bloody football team and not the future of society as we know it). Always enjoyed though. I was just practising trolling.... after all, I am on ATD Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:21 pm

funny man wrote:

Those 5 games might be crucial and would leave precious little time for a new man.

Fletch and Larrieu were political appointments. It is looking increasingly obvious they haven't got what it takes. Can we really afford to hesitate now ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:32 pm

funny man wrote:

My trouble is that I still believe in that wooly 60's hippy thing about giving someone as well as peace a chance. Clearly, you, being younger are in with the much harder-nosed Thatcherite attitude when success is all-important

Very Happy
Speaking as a member of a family that has actually lived a lot of it's life under 'hippy' ideals and circumstance, I can assure you it's not a wooly culture at all in reality, only in the minds of those that seek to oppose and belittle it's ideals.

Unlike Thatcher's shall we say rather 'novel' ideas on work, life and reward ... real community care for one's life, culture and environment demand synthesis and learning from one's inevitable mistakes. Change is alwys taken on board with a heavy heart and a respect for what has been.
I see Fletcher's appointment more as a doomed hand me down, almost a dynastic appointment, more shiite than sunni if you like.... but then, that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:05 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
funny man wrote:

My trouble is that I still believe in that wooly 60's hippy thing about giving someone as well as peace a chance. Clearly, you, being younger are in with the much harder-nosed Thatcherite attitude when success is all-important

Very Happy
Speaking as a member of a family that has actually lived a lot of it's life under 'hippy' ideals and circumstance, I can assure you it's not a wooly culture at all in reality, only in the minds of those that seek to oppose and belittle it's ideals.

Unlike Thatcher's shall we say rather 'novel' ideas on work, life and reward ... real community care for one's life, culture and environment demand synthesis and learning from one's inevitable mistakes. Change is alwys taken on board with a heavy heart and a respect for what has been.
I see Fletcher's appointment more as a doomed hand me down, almost a dynastic appointment, more shiite than sunni if you like.... but then, that's just my opinion.

one too many 'i's in that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Hemmings on loan   Ashley Hemmings on loan Empty

Back to top Go down

Ashley Hemmings on loan
Page 1 of 1