Han Solos Other Ship
Flat_Track_Bully
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Wycombe match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Terrible performance with only one weak header on target. Yet again Boco and Allesndra were missing, berry was awful and we just lack pace. We haven't a clue up front and I think Sheridan is tactically suspect.

Wycombe weren't great, but the score line didn't flatter them either.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Iggy wrote:
Come on all sing along.

Its all that Brent wants,
it all that brent wants,
mid table Argyle,
its all that Brent wants.
Angry wrote:
lol its catchy and true.
How do you know it's catchy? He hasn't said what tune it's supposed to be!

Lyrics like Bernie Taupin though.

Mid-table in League Two is the perfect holding pattern for the Reluctant Bidder. Just enough hope to keep the X-Isle types brown-nosing about the great man's "prudence and sustainability" while avoiding the prospect of having to loan more money for a "competitive budget" in a more expensive league or of strengthening the hand of his critics by overseeing another relegation fight.

Ironically you have an owner who may well be the wealthiest in this division, or at least one of the wealthiest (the head of Citigroup received a $47 million bonus for a single year not long after Brent left and I don't think the Reluctant Bidder was that far behind him in seniority) while fan-owned clubs occupy three of the play-off positions.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Didn't know it was 0-3 till i got home!

I must have been half way up Peverell Park Road when the 3rd went in lol! 

Bet the Aviva fest was good though..........Geddon Janner jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 5:59 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Come on all sing along.

Its all that Brent wants,
it all that brent wants,
mid table Argyle,
its all that Brent wants.
Angry wrote:
lol its catchy and true.
How do you know it's catchy? He hasn't said what tune it's supposed to be!

Lyrics like Bernie Taupin though.

Mid-table in League Two is the perfect holding pattern for the Reluctant Bidder. Just enough hope to keep the X-Isle types brown-nosing about The Great Man's "prudence and sustainability" while avoiding the prospect of having to loan more money for a "competitive budget" in a more expensive league or of strengthening the hand of his critics by overseeing another relegation fight.

Ironically you have an owner who may well be the wealthiest in this division, or at least one of the wealthiest (the head of Citigroup received a $47 million bonus for a single year not long after Brent left and the Reluctant Bidder wasn't that far behind him in seniority) while fan-owned clubs occupy three of the play-off positions.
its the tune to " we're plymouth argyle we're trying our best" which was an actual song of the forza nerde idiots
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Fook me,talk about chickens coming home to roost.Wycombe looked to be a far better side than Bristol Rovers from the off and so it was proven in the scoreline.Funnily enough they took the lead just after Argyle had their best spell of the match [which is not saying much,admittedly]-it seemed to be a brilliant shot with the outside of the left foot from where i was sitting,McCormack beaten all ends up.Never looked like getting back in the game and Wycombe took advantage to punish Argyle on the break.Very bad day,the squad plainly needs urgent strengthening,especially up front and on the flanks a la Bryan and Banton and Bryan last season,Bocu and Alessandro not really making much of an impact.Over to you Mr Brent,not holding my breath though.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Angry wrote:
its the tune to " we're plymouth argyle we're trying our best" which was an actual song of the forza nerde idiots
???

Are you sure it wasn't an attempt at ironic humour? For example did Fletcher use this as an excuse at any time and therefore the song was intended as a comment on that?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Angry wrote:
???

Are you sure it wasn't an attempt at ironic humour? For example did Fletcher use this as an excuse at any time and therefore the song was intended as a comment on that?
I always assumed it was this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Best part of today was............it didn't rain. Wycombe weren't better than Rovers, they were both poor. Problem is we were so far down the scale from poor it was embarrassing. The worst effort from an Argyle team I've seen in years and that's saying something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:47 am

Angry wrote:
???

being a mere greek i dont expect you to understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:42 am

We were solid in the middle of midfield for most of the game; Hourihane and Bencherif look good together. The reason we lost was that, other than Luke McCormack catching every cross, every single outfield player other than the central two were poor. We had no width, Berry looked like he was playing in wellies, Boco and Allesandra made no contribution, Morgan was marked out of the game, Reid had no service but spent most of the game either offside or trying to win free kicks. Branston and the other lump were slow and often out of position. Jamie Reckord touched the ball about four times in total. The subs did nothing.
The officials were bad - for both sides. The linesman on our side was about ten yards behind play every time the ball went forward.
The Rovers game was poor but at least in that, it looked like we wouldn't concede.
It was one of the worst team performances I've seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:42 am

Geddit built, they'll flock to see it no matter what shit is served up on the pitch. Serve yourself lasagne anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:54 am

I don't think it matters what kind of stadium we have. The team could play at Wembley and they'd still be very poor. That's two home games in September that would have done nothing to attract non season ticket holders. With 70 minutes gone, I was just hoping the ref would blow up rather than for us to have miraculously rescued a point. That in itself is depressing as, although I'm no fan of a lot of things off the pitch, I've always wanted us to get results on the pitch; yesterday, it didn't really matter to me and I felt a little disinterested in the result.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:18 am

Without significant strengthening we will be in, or at least dangerously close to, the bottom 2 going into the business end of the season next spring. This 'team' is shite. It's terrible. We have the worst squad of players in L2 and by some distance. We're into our 6th season (and brents 3rd season) of being ultra shit and after a very brief glimmer of hope it's now depressingly clear there's actually no sign of any real improvment at all. This is a terrible division and clubs with no fans and modest budgets are always challenging for promotion. Why is that? A question the stupid brent lovers can't bring to ask themselves.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:55 am

Freathy wrote:
Without significant strengthening we will be in, or at least dangerously close to, the bottom 2 going into the business end of the season next spring. This 'team' is shite.  It's terrible.  We have the worst squad of players in L2 and by some distance.  We're into our 6th season (and brents 3rd season) of being ultra shit and after a very brief glimmer of hope it's now depressingly clear there's actually no sign of any real improvment at all.  This is a terrible division and clubs with no fans and modest budgets are always challenging for promotion. Why is that?  A question the stupid brent lovers can't bring to ask themselves.
Freathy I would agree with the majority of your post except as someone who often states does not attend H.P anymore, how can you say we have the worst squad in L2 when you don't watch any games. Yesterdays debacle was down to two things in particular the quality of some players and most definitely tatics, unfortunately we are back to long balls forward from the back four which invitably loses pocession.
Personally I have my doubts about Sheridan's managerial skills to get promotion, but the hard reality is that after 7 games we have not really played well in any game, as Sherdan himself said yesterday we have been "indifferent" so far but have got 9pts. Yesterday we were poor in all departments against a team that looked average and got two goals that were so opportunistic - it was embarrasing!
Worrying but I really don't think we have the worst squad squad in L2 at the moment - maybe you should go and check it out yourself!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:38 am

The highlight of Saturday was Durrell Berry falling over his own feet. Very, very comical. And it basically summed up the entire team's performance.

Looking at the last 3 home games we have to be delighted that we have gleaned 3 points from them because, the goal apart, I don't actually recall a serious goal scoring opportunity in any of them.

In fact in 3 games the opposition goalkeeper has only had one shot to stop and luckily he didn't.

It looks like another long hard season of grind through the cold, dark months followed by a desperate scramble to stay up, again. Once the days start to lengthen we'll be casting around and hoping that there's two clubs worse than we are, again.

And that isn't good enough. Not anymore. Not by a long chalk.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:47 am

Just sit down shut up, close your eyes, say nothing, all hail Brent and get some perspective

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And that's not to belittle what happened (my son suffers from depression and goodness it can be as bleak as bleak can be) but I think my perspective is just fine thankyou. Anyone could write an infinite list of issues situations and people than are more important that football. At the end of the day football is a release and refuge from the ret of the crap that goes on.

Last edited by Dougie on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:03 am

Dougie wrote:
Just sit down shut up, close your eyes, say nothing, all hail Brent and get some perspective

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's always the bloody same. They'll even use death to deflect from the incompetence and greed that has enveloped Argyle.
Always trying to take the moral high ground, whilst deceiving and bullying for personal position/gain.

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:11 am

I don't know why people want to talk about such things on a football messageboard.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:12 am

Give the PASOTI thread credit though it did give us this line:

Lee Jameson wrote:
I think next time I go in to one I should think about this article and say to my-self man up Jameson.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am

Wait the game finished 3-0? I thought it actually did finish 2-0

I am a serious plastic fan Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am

Pokesdown wrote:

Lee Jameson wrote:
I think next time I go in to one I should think about this article and say to my-self man up Jameson.

I can't decide whether they come out with this stuff deliberately,for effect, or if they are simply simple:face: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 am

What feckin perspective do you need to judge the performance or non performance of a football team that you pay to support? The team the manager and OWNER will rightly be judged by performances on the pitch, we aren't getting good ones and concern is showing. Our hapless owner has had three seasons now to get it right, I still think that hiring Sheridan was one of his better decisions but then to not back him with the players he needs is crazy, I have had a gut full of the underperfoming totally conflicted owner, how anybody can defend his tenure is beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:30 am

Ps. I didn't read the GOS piece I can't bear to see the gurning fools that inhabit its pages nowadays.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:38 am

Pokesdown wrote:

Lee Jameson wrote:
Jameson a poor man's Joe Pasquale but only he's not funny at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Iggy wrote:
Ps. I didn't read the GOS piece I can't bear to see the gurning fools that inhabit its pages nowadays.
A very wise decision indeed.
It will make your eyes bleed.

Last edited by punchdrunk on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe match thread   Wycombe match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wycombe match thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next