Les Miserable
Dick Trickle
GreenSam
tigertony
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Wycombe Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:07 am

Coming up against a strong side pushing for promotion tonight what's everyone's feelings going into the game?

For me it will be a tough game and if we can come away with a point I will be very happy in lieu of 3. We may see the début of Holmes-Dennis tonight as his loan is becomes active today.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:06 am

I'm feeling confident so 0-2 Argyle.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:16 am

A narrow 1-0 loss.

No doubt we're a better side for O'Connor and (especially) Hartley being in it but they're an excellent team and I think they may be a bridge too far.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:45 am

All hail the mighty Wycombe. Good luck to anyone who's going and of course the brave 11 chosen to play against the mighty Wanderers. I reckon if we can keep it at nil nil for the first 20 minute we might, just might, quiet the home crowd who can be so intimidating.

Our destiny this season will not be about getting points away at teams like Wycombe, with far greater resources than us, but if we can sneak a point what a boost that will be.

Geddon .

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:58 am

GreenSam wrote:
A narrow 1-0 loss.

No doubt we're a better side for O'Connor and (especially) Hartley being in it but they're an excellent team and I think they may be a bridge too far.

Tragic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:08 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
All hail the mighty Wycombe. Good luck to anyone who's going and of course the brave 11 chosen to play against the mighty Wanderers. I reckon if we can keep it at nil nil for the first 20 minute we might, just might, quiet the home crowd who can be so intimidating.

Our destiny this season will not be about getting points away at teams like Wycombe, with far greater resources than us, but if we can sneak a point what a boost that will be.

Geddon .

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:12 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Geddon .

lol! lol!

laugh

'Yeh......... I fought we were good, I fink but ...........Wycombe are a good side and we didn't emmmm...........get into the final fird enough...........'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:18 am

My god how far have the expectations of the Green Army have fallen? It's Wycombe FFS! We should be demanding pointage, one all.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:08 am

However big we/they are it doesn't change that they're better than us..

Oh how we've fallen though. Jesus didn't die for this.

2-1 WIN.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:21 am

And who's to blame for them being better than us. We can't keep on blaming creditor payments when our crowds are so much more than the average for the division. The club stinks of mediocrity, a gratitude for just "being here" and little ambition. How many more seasons will we be saying that Accrington's a tough place to go to?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:46 am

Iggy wrote:
My god how far have the expectations of the Green Army have fallen? It's Wycombe FFS! We should be demanding pointage, one all.

Na, into the Lions Den innit.

Or more so, into the One Stand Ground in a cul-de-sac on an industrial estate.

Come on Argo ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:59 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
And who's to blame for them being better than us. We can't keep on blaming creditor payments when our crowds are so much more than the average for the division. The club stinks of mediocrity, a gratitude for just "being here" and little ambition. How many more seasons will we be saying that Accrington's a tough place to go to?

'Sheridan'

cyclops
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:01 am

Almost twenty years since the "Nearly Mean" pulled off rare decent performance to win 2-1 at the cul-de-sac. Hope of beating drop lasted about 2 mins until final score came in from elsewhere, think it was Bournemouth had pulled off shock, meaning fat lady was gargling.

Must apologise to the young lad who was trying to impress his girlfriend by revving his 205GTi behind me on walk away from ground. Wan't big or clever to use his window to dispose of dodgy burger.

Thinking about it , Bournemouth won midweek game after to condemn us before final home match against Oxford. Played a 5-a-side tournament for Northern Branch against other regional supporters before in Mayflower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 am

1-1 with 91 mins on the clock. WW sneak it with scrappy goal. WW 2 - 1 Stripes are back and feckin awsome.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:32 pm

I'm off there straight from work hopefully in time for kick off - trains and transport from the station at the other end permitting. Hoping for a decent result and more than not getting stranded at Wycombe rail station waiting for the last 'stops anywhere and everywhere' train back to Marylebone.

Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 pm

This ain't Kansas any more, Dorothy.

Wycombe 2-0 Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Expecting some massive pics on GOS now they've all recovered from their epic safari to Hartlepool.

Oh football, 2-0 Wycombe. Massive club, probably get relegated again before we think about promotion.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:39 pm

We normally lose to Wycombe so don't expect much. THE the president is co-commentator tonight also so will probably just watch SSN. See Tring's post for likely co-commentary.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
We normally lose to Wycombe so don't expect much. THE the president is co-commentator tonight also so will probably just watch SSN. See Tring's post for likely co-commentary.

Thats me not tuning in then, cheers chem for the heads  up cheers .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:51 pm

I'd rather de-flea my dogs man minge than listen to that fungus-faced bumpkin on my radio.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
A narrow 1-0 loss.

Tragic.
Geddon Sam, The first football fan in the history of world football to call Wycombe excellent!jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
A narrow 1-0 loss.

Tragic.
Geddon Sam, The first football fan in the history of world football to call Wycombe excellent!jocolor

We are not a big guys never have been either
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 pm

We haven't got a chance

Wycombe 2-0 Argyle
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Was going to listen to the game on crap radio Devon - until I just found out the arch super fan point and laugh is doing his inane "commentary".
Will for the sake of my sanity get the live updates on the bbc sports page instead.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 pm

the team tonight

McCormick, Nelson, Hartley, McHugh, Talbot, Holmes-Dennis, O'Connor, Lee, B.Reid, R.Reid, Alessandra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Match Thread   Wycombe Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Wycombe Match Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next