argyl3
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Has fletcher sheridan got a plan b, or is he happy with the draw? sounds total crap at the mo.
Your nicknaming of Sheridan as Fletcher pretty much proves your agenda to see absolutely EVERYTHING in a negative right.

That's not to say there isn't a lot of negative stuff, but to atribute the characteristics of a much worse manager to a pretty good one does genuine points of criticism no favours as it's obvious you'll just twist anything into the most negative possible light.
Calm down sammy its all about opinions, mine are that we arnt very good, now i dont blame that all on the manager though he does pick the team and choose the tactics, its what he can sign that i dont blame him for, perhaps all these years being a happy clapper farm boy has clouded your view of reality, yes we are better than we were for which i credit sherridan he's a massive improvement on clueless thats true, but we still have a long way to go before you could claim were a decent side, and i seem to recall you were a big supporter of fletcher long after the less intelligent posters like myself thought he was gash!
add brent to that, tis the folly of youth Basketball 
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:59 pm

To be fair though, even if Brent and Fletcher HAD turned out to be Argyle's version of Tony Bloom and Gus Poyet it'd have still taken you a mighty long time to be won over due to preconceived opinions Very Happy .

I may be guilty of having been slightly over-optimistic/naive in the past but at least I give everyone a blank slate. Of course it is an opinion forum and I'm not gonna slate you for having one but I do wonder how many of these opinions are opinions of 'you're shit until proven otherwise' rather than actually giving people a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 pm

GreenSam wrote:
To be fair though, even if Brent and Fletcher HAD turned out to be Argyle's version of Tony Bloom and Gus Poyet it'd have still taken you a mighty long time to be won over due to preconceived opinions Very Happy .

I may be guilty of having been slightly over-optimistic/naive in the past but at least I give everyone a blank slate. Of course it is an opinion forum and I'm not gonna slate you for having one but I do wonder how many of these opinions are opinions of 'you're shit until proven otherwise' rather than actually giving people a chance.
Sam, sherridan has my total support for now but football is a results buisness, the ones who luv him now will want a change if we lose a few thats how football is! as for brent, will i thank him for his mini stand his retail village his non investment in the team ? will i fvck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Why on earth does their have to be so much segregation at HP the huge area between the away fans and zoo corner then the family area then more segregation either side of that .....ridiculous.
Even the away end has a poxy gantry that never gets used with seats sectioned off to accommodate that.
For what it is worth this is the segregation at a match between 2 of the biggest rivalries in Europe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And yet because of 30 or 40 spotty teenage Oafs that raise their ugly heads 2 or 3 times a season we have to put up with a third of the stadium sectioned off with segregation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:13 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Why on earth does their have to be so much segregation at HP the huge area between the away fans and zoo corner then the family area then more segregation either side of that .....ridiculous.
Even the away end has a poxy gantry that never gets used with seats sectioned off to accommodate that.
For what it is worth this is the segregation at a match between 2 of the biggest rivalries in Europe.

And yet because of 30 or 40 spotty teenage Oafs that raise their ugly heads 2 or 3 times a season we have to put up with a third of the stadium sectioned off with segregation.

I agree......it aint Sunderland or Millwall that's visiting is it ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:23 pm

I've not ever read a post by punchie that I've agreed with... until now. Well done with that post fella.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Has fletcher sheridan got a plan b, or is he happy with the draw? sounds total crap at the mo.
Your nicknaming of Sheridan as Fletcher pretty much proves your agenda to see absolutely EVERYTHING in a negative right.

That's not to say there isn't a lot of negative stuff, but to atribute the characteristics of a much worse manager to a pretty good one does genuine points of criticism no favours as it's obvious you'll just twist anything into the most negative possible light.
In the interest of fairness to debate sam, its worth mentioning that both Oldham and Chesterfield fans who both have a high rapport for Sheridan have mentioned that one of his weaknesses is that he doesnt have a plan B at times.

Not defending SS68 just merely mentioning that this isn't a new thing.

By putting Morgan out wide and playing Boco behind Reid worked....that was plan B..... and it helped get the winner.
playing players out of position is no plan its a last resort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:50 pm

The segregation of fans is a money-saving measure. To put them closer would involve the hiring of more stewards &/or police. Mr Brent was clear about that when he visited the Cherry Tree.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:43 pm

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

I fink they are bofe quality, frough and frough.

How anyone with any class or intelligence can be attracted to the Theatre of Schemes these days, is quite beyond me.
I'm glad people like you don't go. Serious question Mr T, why do you even bother posting about something you've apparentky given up on? It's like a non-smoker buying a lighter every other week.

Yesterday we won a game that we would have lost last season. It wasn't pretty but it's three points. Almost 9,000 was great. I did meet up with some lads last night - one of them was a Rovers fan who essentially moaned and moaned about how awful we were but he did concede that Rovers were worse.

What struck me yesterday was how huge both teams were. I think, come December through to March, size will count.

Branston upset the away end and was excellent, I thought Reid was ok, Marvin had his first bad game, Hourihane was my MOTM, the new bloke Bencherif was basically Simon Walton and Luke McC was exceptional without having much to do.

Whether or not £21 was worth it, we're a team with an bjective to obtain three points per game - job done yesterday.

Yours sincerely Mr Stupid.
I fink it's an addiction hairybloke. A bit like the smoking I suppose. Went onto e cigs a couple of years ago but just can't give up the sensation completely. It's all Porky's fault for providing me with the, ' I hate scheming, self promoting village idiots' drug.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:14 pm

High-lights Argyle v Bristil Rovers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:17 pm

I think Argyle just about deserved to win the game. Referee lived up to his reputation...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm

knecht wrote:
The segregation of fans is a money-saving measure. To put them closer would involve the hiring of more stewards &/or police. Mr Brent was clear about that when he visited the Cherry Tree.

But for the bigger games there are still excessively huge areas of segregation between the home/away support 3 whole blocks i believe!! the filling of 2 of these 3 blocks would easily pay for the extra security presence.

Another one.... this is Swansea at Cardiff another fierce rivalry and yet only 5 or 6 rows of segregation, and yet even for the bigger games at HP the gap is about 3 blocks wide FFS or in other words about 1,500 fans locked out.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Twas the same in the business lounge yesterday,absolutely full up.Why even ATD's very own Sir Francis Drake was in there.Block 14 also very vocal which was nice to hear.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:26 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Twas the same in the business lounge yesterday,absolutely full up.Why even ATD's very own Sir Francis Drake was in there.Block 14 also very vocal which was nice to hear.
I thought it was a pretty crap game with a pretty crap atmosphere, considering the away support. Only bright spot was the very well taken goal.

Brent has murdered the Home Park atmosphere by putting the family block in the Zoo Corner. I dislike that fucker intensely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
I thought it was a pretty crap game with a pretty crap atmosphere, considering the away support. Only bright spot was the very well taken goal.

Brent has murdered the Home Park atmosphere by putting the family block in the Zoo Corner. I dislike that fucker intensely.

Not only that it looks feckin ridiculous too.
Lyndhurst then an empty block, then 50 odd mums and dads, then another empty block, then 4 more empty blocks followed by the away end.
Jesus wept   No
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 pm

We're Plymouth Argyle and we're doing our best.lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 pm

I await the little, innocent kiddies who are the future of our club, who have never done anyone any harm, who sit there bright-eyed & eager, being introduced to the joy that is following their local football team with the refreshing expectation of it all continuing forever that only children can bring, being told to bugger off as the residents of the grandstand have to sit somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:47 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Lyndhurst then an empty block, then 50 odd mums and dads, then another empty block, then 4 more empty blocks followed by the away end.
Jesus wept   No
That part of the ground used to more or less sell out every match.

It created atmosphere between the two sets of fans.

Now it looks feckin awful on TV. Lots of empty seats doesn't do us any favours when the camera is always pointing on that area.

No other ground in the country has a family zone in between opposing sets of fans, it may be a first in football to have kids from both sets of fans mixing under the stand and there's a reason why....it's a feckin ridiculous idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Yea Man wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Jesus wept   No
That part of the ground used to more or less sell out every match.

It created atmosphere between the two sets of fans.

Now it looks feckin awful on TV.  Lots of empty seats doesn't do us any favours when the camera is always pointing on that area.  

No other ground in the country has a family zone in between opposing sets of fans, it may be a first in football to have kids from both sets of fans mixing under the stand and there's a reason why....it's a feckin ridiculous idea.
I wonder where it will be when the mini-stand is completed?
Perhaps they could put it plumb bang center in the middle with 800 empty seats either side of it enclosed with transparent tarpaulins so they dont have to breathe the same air as the rest of the stadium, perhaps angelic harp music could be piped in to drown out all those scummy rude football fans trying to create such a thing known as an "atmosphere".
But hey ho its sponsored by Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk so it must be a good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 pm

greensleeves wrote:
What and the Clampett family never threatened him or threw drinks over him? That makes a change Very Happy 

Hopefully in the new Far Post Club you're certain will be provided there will be a VIP area above the plebs where the Nooligans can throw their drinks down without fear of revenge cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:27 pm

The thing is brent nool ma bucket rattler and so on are not old school football fans like most of the posters on here, most fans who remember terraces and a proper atmosphere would not want to watch football from a directors box or some crap corperate rubbish, the same goes for the total wank that is a fanfest! to be honest there is "no matchday experience" anymore, football has been hijacked by gimps and social climbing arseholes. ged rid of family areas, murals,and all that bollocks and give the fans a decent team, perhaps miserable bastards like me who dont bother anymore might be tempted back! how about it jimmy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Thats basically the long and short of it Suffered.
All the hospitality, fanfests and family areas in the world wont get the bums on seats, the only thing that will do that is genuine ambition and success on the pitch, unfortunately the reluctant bidder has no intent on producing either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 pm

A winning team requires investment, while brent and his groupies hold sway punchy we will have to make do with a flag, some prick with a drum and a ground covered in childlike murals, oh and the family area!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm

hairy j wrote:
I've not ever read a post by punchie that I've agreed with... until now. Well done with that post fella.
Condescending tw@t, again. It really is time you killed yourself - twice.pig 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 pm

"There is no matchday experience now". Isn't there? I always thought that the matchday experience was the one you made for yourself and enjoyed no matter what made it. Truer would be "there is no matchday experience for some". Once again the Fan Fest gets dragged in to the argument. If some people enjoy it and it is now part of their matchday experience then what business is it of anyone else and gives them the right to ridicule it. I've never been to one, I don't wish to go to one but I respect other people's right to do so without me thinking them strange. Each to their own surely.

Can I also point out that getting more than 100 away fans in this league is not the normal so the "banter" between the sections or "atmosphere" if you prefer is not like it used to be when we got minimums of 500. Yesterday was an exception and not a rule and if you think that's wrong then look at the previous away fan numbers so far this season. It only really matters how big the gap is if you can fill the seats that are used to create it which again is only a couple of times a season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rover match thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next