argyl3
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Very low key first half,can't honestly remember Argyle having a shot either on or off target,Rovers had a couple of bits snd pieces but all in all a real yearning for a fag sort of half.Much better second half,thought Hourihane was excellent,foot on the ball and picked out some great passes and provided the pin point delivery for Reid to head the winner,an exact replica of the goal Bencherif scored at Cheltenham.Bencherif looked off the pace throughout and Young did OK when he replaced him,good substitution from Shezza.Quite liked the look of the guy on loan from Wolves and he could be a key figure when he settles in properly.All in all a better afternoon than seemed likely to be the case at HT,not convincing but a good win nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Agreed GS, not any flair in either team, thought Reid was MOM for me, Morgan battled hard and held the ball up well in the 2nd but didn't figure much in the first, Hourihane good as was Berry, BRANSTON looked solid, Trotman was solid as well as a bit of a lumberer, what I did like was the fact that the feeling of doom and despair has lifted from the team and fans, I didn't think after we scored that we were going to lose, we held up the pitch well and saw out the win, not a great game but good result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Thought that Boco looked good as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:31 pm

I know it was a fairly late goal but how did we play after we scored?
Back to top Go down
Mutternutter

Mutternutter

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:42 pm

You would know if you went to the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Just like to say bye before I wipe you out mutternutter.

Or feck off as they say in Turkey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Mutternutter wrote:
"are you piggy in disguise "
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:53 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Mutternutter wrote:
"are you piggy in disguise "
or one of his foot soldiers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:54 pm

He's just a distant memory now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 pm

After we scored we mainly kept the ball in their half, they did have a break and a corner but we dealt with it but we held the ball well instead of sitting back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:19 pm

I was surprised at Rovers today because I thought they came for a point and nothing else from kick off. The amount of time they spent on throw ins and goal kicks was huge. Surprised the Ref didn't at least have a word. Had all the makings of a 0 - 0 bore draw but think Rovers got what they deserved in the end because of their total lack of endeavour. MOM for me was Branston. Did little wrong all game and it was Rovers nil which is about only reason. Nobody stood out for me all game really. 3 points is the main thing and we got them so job done even if crowd deserved a better spectacle.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Has fletcher sheridan got a plan b, or is he happy with the draw? sounds total crap at the mo.
Your nicknaming of Sheridan as Fletcher pretty much proves your agenda to see absolutely EVERYTHING in a negative right.

That's not to say there isn't a lot of negative stuff, but to atribute the characteristics of a much worse manager to a pretty good one does genuine points of criticism no favours as it's obvious you'll just twist anything into the most negative possible light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:30 am

GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Has fletcher sheridan got a plan b, or is he happy with the draw? sounds total crap at the mo.
Your nicknaming of Sheridan as Fletcher pretty much proves your agenda to see absolutely EVERYTHING in a negative right.

That's not to say there isn't a lot of negative stuff, but to atribute the characteristics of a much worse manager to a pretty good one does genuine points of criticism no favours as it's obvious you'll just twist anything into the most negative possible light.
In the interest of fairness to debate sam, its worth mentioning that both Oldham and Chesterfield fans who both have a high rapport for Sheridan have mentioned that one of his weaknesses is that he doesnt have a plan B at times.

Not defending SS68 just merely mentioning that this isn't a new thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:41 am

With the squad we have funded for Sheridan to utilise you could argue that without the loaners we hardly had a plan A
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 am

GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

I fink they are bofe quality, frough and frough.

How anyone with any class or intelligence can be attracted to the Theatre of Schemes these days, is quite beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:22 am

I don't think that a comparison between Fletcher and Sheridan can be made, they are in entirely different classes but even so, the clock's still clicking for Sheridon, he has it all to prove.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:29 am

Greenjock wrote:
8631 there which is a pretty damned good attendance in this dogshit league.

And Reid breaks the deadlock, get in there!
We agree on something. That was a very good attendance all things considered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:35 am

£21 for a potd ticket is too much and won't get me rushing down there for most dogshit teams in this league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:49 am

Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

I fink they are bofe quality, frough and frough.

How anyone with any class or intelligence can be attracted to the Theatre of Schemes these days, is quite beyond me.
I'm glad people like you don't go. Serious question Mr T, why do you even bother posting about something you've apparentky given up on? It's like a non-smoker buying a lighter every other week.

Yesterday we won a game that we would have lost last season. It wasn't pretty but it's three points. Almost 9,000 was great. I did meet up with some lads last night - one of them was a Rovers fan who essentially moaned and moaned about how awful we were but he did concede that Rovers were worse.

What struck me yesterday was how huge both teams were. I think, come December through to March, size will count.

Branston upset the away end and was excellent, I thought Reid was ok, Marvin had his first bad game, Hourihane was my MOTM, the new bloke Bencherif was basically Simon Walton and Luke McC was exceptional without having much to do.

Whether or not £21 was worth it, we're a team with an bjective to obtain three points per game - job done yesterday.

Yours sincerely Mr Stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 am

I will also add that the police were a joke - how much overtime did that cost?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:11 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Calm down sammy its all about opinions, mine are that we arnt very good, now i dont blame that all on the manager though he does pick the team and choose the tactics, its what he can sign that i dont blame him for, perhaps all these years being a happy clapper farm boy has clouded your view of reality, yes we are better than we were for which i credit sherridan he's a massive improvement on clueless thats true, but we still have a long way to go before you could claim were a decent side, and i seem to recall you were a big supporter of fletcher long after the less intelligent posters like myself thought he was gash!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:19 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Fletcher wouldn't have got 6pts against Rochdale and Rovers....that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

In the interest of fairness to debate sam, its worth mentioning that both Oldham and Chesterfield fans who both have a high rapport for Sheridan have mentioned that one of his weaknesses is that he doesnt have a plan B at times.

By putting Morgan out wide and playing Boco behind Reid worked....that was plan B..... and it helped get the winner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Only Argyle 'fans' can complain about a clean sheet and three points at home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

By putting Morgan out wide and playing Boco behind Reid worked....that was plan B..... and it helped get the winner.
Abso-feckin-lutely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover match thread   Bristol Rover match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rover match thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next