Chemical Ali
Freathy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:01 am

Well, I for one am willing to put all the personal criticism, at least on hold for a while. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would get this bad.

The internet forums not only tend to polarise opinion but have allowed individuals and groups to mobilise and more recently, become active in club affairs. This is all well and good if said groups adopt a broad church approach. What has happened, is that the largely local hardcore support have naturally taken centre stage and have acted as they saw fit. Their leaders have decided policy and questioning voices have been left in no doubt that this is not acceptable. As such, the control group becomes a closed shop. Those less committed physically have felt marginalised and tended to drift further away.

It has never given me any pleasure to witness, mostly from afar, the demise of the last few seasons, although I can fully understand why some would believe otherwise. Argyle has been a part of my life since about 1960 and I have always dreamed of the club one day fulfilling its undoubted potential. I have never wanted to be interested in any other club and would always pay to watch an Argyle game, even if I had a free ticket to a Premiership match next door. The fact that I have become embittered in recent seasons is in part down to this internet world so easily accessed but also so divisive and because I genuinely feel a great opportunity was missed with Holloway.

It is all so depressing and I simply don't have the stomach to fall into line and give my unconditional support.

What I will do is cease the personal sniping. It doesn't help and can only distract from the bigger picture. I sincerely hope that Brent cares enough to get us out of this mess and that his advisors make informed recommendations on how we can survive this season with our league status intact.

A firefighting, proven lower league manager, with enough funding to turn the playing side round, is in my opinion essential.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 am

I agree.

However, the personal sniping will continue. You might post something innocuous and one of 'them' might take offence and off it all goes again.

One good thing, we can never be censured for our opinions on ATD.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:32 am

I had the misfortune of watching that crap on TV last night (£9 out of pocket thank you very much) and feel I have reached the bottom in supporting Argyle. Never have I witnessed such a 'performance' devoid of such creativity and ideas

I have been an avid reader of Pasoti for the last year or so and naturally logged on to the site straight after the match to gauge opinions from others. Now I fully appreciate what Chris et al have done for the club in the past number of months (I would go far as to say that I believe the club would have folded if it weren't for their intervention in certain stages in the buy out process) but I can no longer take the 'keep your chin up' and 'things will definitely get better' messages that appeared on there after the match and over the past number of weeks

Again maybe Chris et al feel it's their 'duty' perhaps to boost the morale of the troops in such dire times. But can they honestly say, hand on heart, that they truly believe in what they are preaching? This is not a criticism. It is me taking a step back from all that is green for one second and looking at the bigger picture. And that picture for me is looking like a dogs dinner

I have only recently signed up to ATD and understand the frustrations felt by many on here. This site to me is a refreshing change already - a dissenting voice amongst a sea of habitual behaviour is always a good sound and long may it continue (perhaps cut out some of the personal attacks eh Wink ?!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:49 am

Welcome aboard LG!

My personal opinions of Mr Webb and his entourage are well documented so we'll leave that to one side.

You can voice your opinions on here without fear of bullying or censorship if you disagree with anyone. There is no 'party whip' here - very refreshing.

Exeweb is another useful place. Lots of banter with the Greeks, but they are far more tolerant of us than we deserve!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:51 am

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Gawd, who will rid us of these Bishops and superfans ?

ATD - " WE DON'T DO BANNING BUT BY GOD WE TRY AND MAKE ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH US SO UNCOMFORTABLE THEY'LL STOP POSTING .

Who indeed will rid you of scum like me PP ?

Hi GG,

Don't you find it refreshing that you can come onto a site and say what you think (and trying to wind people up?) without a fear of being banned.

I'm sure that had you done the same on PASOTI, you would have had a least a warning, if not a partial/complete ban!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:55 am

punchdrunk wrote:
WTF is going on with the presence of Newell and Webb cosying up to Ridsdale.....the sooner this "Website" and its odious leaders are removed from our club the better.
They are partly to blame for this disaster tonight...and they know it

This is the first post on this thread. Let's have a look at it....

"Newell and Webb cosying up to Ridsdale": do you mean the President, who was asked to represent the club in his semi-official capacity, sitting with a friend and (sorry, don't recall Ridsdale's official title)? What is wrong with that? Putting aside Ridsdale's debatably poor record with previous clubs, so far in this new regime here he seems to have stepped back a bit. There have been two or three very positive signings (I don't understand how he can get Purse in on an "emergency" signing - what's that about? but at least it has enabled us to get the brute of a gnarled pro we were asking for). There are certainly questions to be answered about his role in the fiasco of a takeover. But he is here now - let's see how he performs. (OK - it's hard to put away his past Rolling Eyes - I'll give you that). Should Chris not sit with him? Should Chris immediately put himself in an apparent public opposition by sitting elsewhere in the ground? What would be read into that? What would the effect of that be? Like it or not we and they have to go with what is there. We are where we are. I wish we could all love one another and there would be no more wars, suffering or starvation and each would have according to their needs etc .... but we have to live in the real world as well. I admire a principled stand - so if you really can't stomach Ridsdale and the perceived damage he has done good on you but stating the obvious again and again is a waste of good breath. I shan't recap my views on IJN and pasoti. And, like many, the adolescent in me wants to stamp my foot and shout, "It's so not fair" but the consensus is that he is a passionate Argyle supporter. He would have been there anyway. I am bothered by his role in the club but if you think a savvy businessman like Brent or a hard-bitten professional like Ridsdale would base policy simply on talking to a couple of fans - that's plain silly! You can either have Ridsdale as a machiavellian character controlling things for his own ends or you can have him as a wuss doing what he is told by a couple of fans. You can't have both. Methinks jealousy is part of the agenda here. Every schoolboy's dream to be sitting in the director's box (after playing on the pitch of course).

"the sooner this "Website" and its odious leaders are removed from our club the better" I'm not completely sure what you mean. Like it or not, pasoti is big. Compared to ATD, very big. But, if your comment refers to its undemocratic, non-accountable position, I'd agree completely. The Trust ought to be the fans' voice but that looks increasingly as that ain't going to happen. I'd repeat, though, if you think Brent bases his decisions on what the likes of IJN and others from pasoti have to say I can't see that at all. I may dislike the positioning that has gone on (and I'm not referring to the post of President) but I can't see them exercising real power. If nothing else, Ridsdale wouldn't allow it. Equally, we don't know what they are whispering in Ridsdale's little ear - it is likely to be fairly innocuous and what most fans would be saying anyway. Whilst I have read nothing from Chris that I fundamentally object to, I don't like his speechifying but if that's my biggest gripe then that's not bad. There have been lots of comments stating or implying that he ought to have refused the honour and remained one of the lads. Why? He has stated several times that he is capable and willing to tell Brent if he thinks the club is doing things wrong - let's see. My concern about that is that if this regime begins to fail (and it's too early to say) then to have identified with the owners and the hierarchy so much he will get it in the neck from the supporters as well. But that's his problem. So, why should they be "removed from our club"? They have no real power and if it does begin to go wrong they will suffer. It may be concern on your part for their well-being but I suspect not. If the club rises from the ashes just be reassured that, in footballing terms, it was little to do with them and just grit your teeth.

"They are partly to blame for this disaster tonight" You'll have to explain that more. It doesn't make any sense to me at all at present.

I like Tring's stance above. The personal sniping is futile and divisive. Question by all means. Attack decisions by all means but the personal jibes are tedious at best. If people are really so concerned about the future of Argyle and you believe you are right you should be so concerned that you will want to influence others' opinions. You're not going to do that by alienating. More people are coming to ATD for various reasons. One of those reasons is to stick a stick through the bars and watch the animals perform. But another reason is likely to be some dissatisfaction about the way in which pasoti operates in general. LondonGreen has now posted and is saying, in condensed form what many have said - that the eternal optimism on pasoti is wearing, he likes the more robust approach of ATD but the personalising goes too far. Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:56 am

LondonGreen wrote:
I had the misfortune of watching that crap on TV last night (£9 out of pocket thank you very much) and feel I have reached the bottom in supporting Argyle. Never have I witnessed such a 'performance' devoid of such creativity and ideas

I have been an avid reader of Pasoti for the last year or so and naturally logged on to the site straight after the match to gauge opinions from others. Now I fully appreciate what Chris et al have done for the club in the past number of months (I would go far as to say that I believe the club would have folded if it weren't for their intervention in certain stages in the buy out process) but I can no longer take the 'keep your chin up' and 'things will definitely get better' messages that appeared on there after the match and over the past number of weeks

Again maybe Chris et al feel it's their 'duty' perhaps to boost the morale of the troops in such dire times. But can they honestly say, hand on heart, that they truly believe in what they are preaching? This is not a criticism. It is me taking a step back from all that is green for one second and looking at the bigger picture. And that picture for me is looking like a dogs dinner

I have only recently signed up to ATD and understand the frustrations felt by many on here. This site to me is a refreshing change already - a dissenting voice amongst a sea of habitual behaviour is always a good sound and long may it continue (perhaps cut out some of the personal attacks eh Wink ?!)

Welcome London Green.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Nail on the head Funny Man. I can see myself posting here more regulary over Pasoti because of the varied debate on offer - and in due course many others may choose to do the same. But some of the personal stuff is too OTT at time. A lot of historical gripes on here from what I gater but a bit of self control can surely only be a good thing for the forum in the long term?
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:38 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Nail on the head Funny Man. I can see myself posting here more regulary over Pasoti because of the varied debate on offer - and in due course many others may choose to do the same. But some of the personal stuff is too OTT at time. A lot of historical gripes on here from what I gater but a bit of self control can surely only be a good thing for the forum in the long term?

Yes, I've been reading the site for a few weeks now as well but didn't post until today. I am one of those becoming increasingly irritated by the boring nature of Pasoti, the same few spouting the same stufff and a ready band of followers quick to stamp on any dissent. The everything in the garden is rosy feeling following the takeover has gone. People are once again questioning the manager, team and tactics, it is at the end of the day a football site. I have found a lot of bitterness on here at times but can understand it to a certain extent when people have been banned for non heinous crimes against Pasoti by a somewhat bombastic leadership which to me at least likes to exert a stronger than necessary degree of control. The debate was much more interesting when Tring, Penzance and Plympton pirate, Freathy etc. were posting regularly on there, there just isn't the same mixture of views now. This along with Mr Newell's ridiculous post trying to out Plympton Pirate, which I found a grave abuse of moderator/owner or whatever he is power. All that did was advertise this site to other Pasoti posters and there has been a steady stream of new members or readers here since. In an ideal world everyone could post on the same site again(OK they can on here) or at least be accepted back on Pasoti. Twill never happen unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Welcome Swampy. You seem like an astute chap. We have few ' loyal to the party line' souls active on here but they too are allowed their say. Refreshing isn't it ?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Welcome Swampy and London Green, hope you enjoy the site. Also some fair comments from yourselves and Funny Man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Welcome fellas, it's good to have varying and different opinions. There's no agenda on here, egos mean nothing, super-fans don't exist and there's no ambition to social ladder climb. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:17 am

greengenes wrote:
You're like vultures aren't you boys . Waiting to pounce . I know why they were there and you will be very pleased when you find out . Don't be so quick to judge . They are working for us all . Yours sycophantly arse kissingly greengenes . Thats how you describe me . but hey no bullying . Let go of the bitterness lads . I await the insults.

Well, what's this sooooo secretive reason then, I'm gagging to find out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 am

Yes, GG. Stop being so clever with the 'I know something you don't' rubbish. It's like Dopey, neither big or clever. Wink

If you have something to impart, then tell us. If not, stop being a big girls blouse!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Directors box full of Pasoti   Directors box full of Pasoti - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Directors box full of Pasoti
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3