shonbo
seadog
hippo
Flat_Track_Bully
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 pm

hippo wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I feel that our other forwards may not quite be sufficient at the moment-not quite bulky enough yet, but at the moment I am leaning slightly towards the optimistic end of the goodish/ shite equilibrium, especially as Sheridan is trying.  The only thing holding us back is Santiago Brent and his associates.

That cnut will hold us back for a century if we dont act soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Can't argue with the assessments. We should have been at least 3 or 4 up at halftime but had only converted the penalty. Not too sure how much contact there was but we needed a bit of a boost somehow so will take it willingly.

Second half was as bad as the first was good. Agreed we couldn't keep the ball and only hoofed it anywhere when we did get it. Rochdale were unlucky in the end but didn't produce much end product for all of their possession. Officials were bizaar to say the least at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Well blow me down, that's cheered me up, a home win, who'd have thought it? Dodgy pen. Or not I'll have some of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Not a good game. We deserved our lead at half-time. Hourihane hit the cross-bar. There was another that hit the bar though we were then pulled up fort an infringement anyway. It was a dubious penalty not taken very well. But we deserved the scoreline.

Branston looked solid. Hourihane had some good play. Reid & Morgan's partnership was the best thing on show. Reid worked his socks off with some good touches. This partnership promises a better future.

After the break we were diabolical. It hurts too much to go into detail except the lowest point was a pass by Blackman from left-back position (where was he meant to be playing when he came on? What was his role meant to be?) across our box straight to Rochdale players. That was truly awful. We could hardly get possession and when we did we gave it away constantly. The brightest bit of the second half was Morgan and especially one occasion when he received the ball on his own up front and with his team-mates slow to back him up he was forced to fight on his own - which he managed to do superbly well.

Overall some good bits but hugely outbalanced by dross.

I can't afford £21 to watch Argyle but on this showing that may be a blessing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:57 pm

It was like watching a small child with olive oil rubbed on their feet holding a steak knife on linoleum. We won though - YAY

Agonising. We should have been at least three up at half time but Rochdale brought a leapord with them, put a wig on it and put it in goal. The referee was genuinely poor - mental hospitals were searching beds for a missing patient - spasmodic officiating. Drummy lad was there - he banged the drums. I had a pasty it was ok but they're £2.60 now. Erm. Marvin was great. He's a very good player - why he's not in the Championship, I don't know. He looks like a slightly good looking lad holding hands with a fat ugly bird'on the Barbican at the moment - definite shag but what do you tomorrow.... poor Marvin, shooting at the gutter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:12 pm

So good he said it twice.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Agree with all of the above, the Rochdale players were constantly falling over, was there a Spanish scout watching?
Brano Tank was good in defence, Hank Marvin was definitely a handful. They must improve though.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:24 pm

seadog wrote:
Agree with all of the above, the Rochdale players were constantly falling over, was there a Spanish scout watching?
Brano Tank was good in defence, Hank Marvin was definitely a handful. They must improve though.
Deserting your post to watch Argo, whatever next!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:21 pm

knecht wrote:
So good he said it twice.
I tried quoting you, quoted myself and got in a panic.

£20ish is terrible to be honest. If we'd played the first 45 twice, it would have been worth it. Have a word with pasoti, they'll pay you to go.

3 points won today though - Rochdale looked very good. If they had Fleetwood's centre forward, we'd have been done
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:09 pm

hairy j wrote:
It was like watching a small child with olive oil rubbed on their feet holding a steak knife on linoleum. We won though - YAY

Agonising. We should have been at least three up at half time but Rochdale brought a leapord with them, put a wig on it and put it in goal. The referee was genuinely poor - mental hospitals were searching beds for a missing patient - spasmodic officiating. Drummy lad was there - he banged the drums. I had a pasty it was ok but they're £2.60 now. Erm. Marvin was great. He's a very good player - why he's not in the Championship, I don't know. He looks like a slightly good looking lad holding hands with a fat ugly bird'on the Barbican at the moment - definite shag but what do you tomorrow.... poor Marvin, shooting at the gutter.
If only Umm-Errington could write such a poetic match report
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:51 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
seadog wrote:
Deserting your post to watch Argo, whatever next!!!
It's a dirty job! God bless Trinity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:24 am

Just to add, we're near the play-offs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:47 pm

It certainly was a game of two 45s.

First 45 we were ok,second 45 we just about held on [although better teams would have slaughtered us. Once again there was way too much space on the left hand side of the pitch for Rochdale through that second half].

Referee was terrible.

£21 is bloody steep to watch League Two football though.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:46 pm

There were some problems down in the far end of Lyndhurst yesterday also 

The stewards took a group of lads out because they were drinking pints of beer inside the ground [plod were also on the scene rather quickly i add] and another chap at the back of the Lyndhurst was giving Luke some abuse. He was shouted down by the majority.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Absolutely nothing at all to entice me back then
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:37 pm

It's the 21 quid that's the real disincentive to me. It was OK peeling a note of my wad, but fishing round in my pocket for a pound coin, that's just taking the piss. And no, I've no interest in the logistical exercise of pre purchasing to save that quid, by the time the day comes I might have a zillion better things to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:44 pm

£21 for league two football is a ridiculous price when you could buy a ticket at Aston Villa v Man City for £25 at Villa Park to watch Premier League football.

This is partly why I refuse to attend a home match and pay £21 plus the fuel cost while we remain in this dog awful league.

I could travel an hour up the road and watch Premier League football for £4 more lol! 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
It's the 21 quid that's the real disincentive to me. It was OK peeling a note of my wad, but fishing round in my pocket for a pound coin, that's just taking the piss. And no, I've no interest in the logistical exercise of pre purchasing to save that quid, by the time the day comes I might have a zillion better things to do.
Good job you dont support Cheltenham then,else you would have to fish around for a few more coins.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Just be thankful you have a club to spend that money on Charlie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm

First game this season - Marvin was a bloody handful and if the poor bugger had a bit more support from the over so called forwards/ midfield, could have had a hatful!! Can honestly say he is the sort of player that other northern monkeys have turning up to torment us - jeeze, we've got him now!! Unfortuneatly not much else to crow about!! Nice trip down on the cho cho, with bag of beers, stop of at Great Western for a few sharpeners and cracked a few more from Exeter down - back in Sherborne sober to meet wife at pub an onto curry house, such is life!! SWTrains doing £15 return anywhere on its network at weekends so just back from Lundun, much beer, vino and Mexican nosh near Waterloo - good but friggin expensive up there!! A white wine spritzer and a pint of Pride £8.70!! Went in our local on way back from station same accept Neep Tide for me £4.60!! Time for buddy bys!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
First game this season - Marvin was a bloody handful and if the poor bugger had a bit more support from the over so called forwards/ midfield, could have had a hatful!! Can honestly say he is the sort of player that other northern monkeys have turning up to torment us - jeeze, we've got him now!! Unfortuneatly not much else to crow about!! Nice trip down on the cho cho, with bag of beers, stop of at Great Western for a few sharpeners and cracked a few more from Exeter down - back in Sherborne sober to meet wife at pub an onto curry house, such is life!! SWTrains doing £15 return anywhere on its network at weekends so just back from Lundun, much beer, vino and Mexican nosh near Waterloo - good but friggin expensive up there!! A white wine spritzer and a pint of Pride £8.70!! Went in our local on way back from station same accept Neep Tide for me £4.60!! Time for buddy bys!!
is that offer avaliable from exeter to london on saturdays,it sounds good .  have you a link  at all ?bounce
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:28 pm

21 quid way too much, but cheltenham really charge more ? affraid 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 pm

i think i read it was £23, bloody scandalous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
is that offer avaliable from exeter to london on saturdays,it sounds good .  have you a link  at all ?bounce
Only on SWTrains, not FirstGW - Deffo still tomorrow and next weekend, then ends, check SWT site, good luck - called summer madness I think!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:34 pm

thanks, i'll take a look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale Match Thread   Rochdale Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rochdale Match Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next