Tgwu
lawnmowerman
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  Empty
PostSubject: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:45 am

What it says on the tin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:59 am

So how much is he going to pay for that?

I guess expanding his hotel chain is a lot more important to him than investing those funds into the football club he owns.

Lets hope those rumours about the pitch don't turn out to be true.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 am

Plymouth to change it name

to

Brent City
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:09 am

I wonder if there were any other bidders and if so, were they even considered?

Looks like Mr Brent might be the preferred bidder on a few lucrative PCC contracts, which is nice for him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:22 am

Given the state of it, I'm amazed any one would offer to take on ownership. The maintenance costs alone run well into seven figures every year and for a building that houses 1,000 people (generally 7-800 at any one time), it's a poor option in terms of staff overheads. It's in a prime location and is perfect for anything other than a municipal building. The obvious sticking point is the listed status. If it could have been demolished, that would've been the preferred option.

One good thing about this is that it won't end up as totally unsuitable student housing.

It isn't anything to do with the football club either before mad logic arrives and people start whining that Brent will buy a gold tap but won't buy Lionel Messi. From an economic point of view, it's good news for tax payers in Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 am

It does put last weeks "democratic" decision into context.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 am

I liken Brent to Tesco - i,e taking over the world.

NWO  BWO = Brent World Order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:31 am

Who the fcuk is backing this megalomaniac - this guy comes from nowhere in next to no time!!Shocked 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:55 am

At least we now know why Plymouth City Councillors gave permission for PAFC to have one of the smallest stadiums in the country, it was the sacrificial lamb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 am

It might be good for the City etc but does anyone think it's healthy for one person to be given all the lucrative contracts in the City?

Brent's company will develop the civic centre, turn it into a hotel and then it will be sold to the Hilton Group making Brent another huge profit no doubt and then on to the next PCC deal. And yes my judgement is clouded by the fact that I don't like Brent and I believe that he has an unhealthy partnership with the City Council which led to his plans being approved all too easily. I'd love to know what happened last week when there were numerous objections raised about the HHP development whilst the cameras were switched on and then following a secret 5 minute recess which wasn't shown, lo and behold there's a unanimous vote in favour of the plans being accepted.

It feckin stinks and the stench started when Brent was liaising with the council long before he bought Argyle.

I wonder how long it will be until there are Akkeron owned binmen collecting the rubbish and Akkeron owned gardeners in all the parks? Maybe it will be good if there are Akkeron owned pest controllers in Plymouth too. Plenty of vermin and rodents in the PL2 area of the city that's fore shore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:15 am

My biggest concern after seeing how Brent does business, is that he is underhand, I wonder what thugs he will allow into the penthouse this time around?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 am

Plymouth will soon have more hotels then Benidorm, how on earth can it be economically viable when the ones we have already are struggling for punters let alone the 7 storey one towering above HP and now this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 am

"the preferred bidder" Feck sake would it really be anyone else Plymouth County Council ?!!!!!
In the modern era all one asks for is a level playing field,except in Jannersville of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 am

All this preferred bidder nonsense should be outlawed, all bids should be judged on merit.

As for last weeks PCC stitchup, it is glaringly obvious that it was all just part of a very big and morally questionable "deal" between Brent/Akkeron and PCC, PAFC is just a small pawn in a big game.

All about Plymouth Argyle, yeah right.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:16 am

Greenjock wrote:
I wonder if there were any other bidders and if so, were they even considered?

Looks like Mr Brent might be the preferred bidder on a few lucrative PCC contracts, which is nice for him!
One other serious bidder. I believe Brent's bid was preferred as it lets PCC keep the ground floor reception area while other bidder wanted whole building.

As PCC staff aren't moving very far not sure what will happen with the car park. Suspect a multi-storey may go in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 am

It's handy that you can book a nights B&B and pay the Council Tax at the same time.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 am

It'll probably work like a PFI scheme, PCC "sell" it to Mr Brent then rent the ground floor back for more than the whole thing's worth.
Everybody, except tax payers, wins.
Goes on for a 20 year contract ensuring all involved are retired or dead when the shit hits the fan.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:03 am

How did it go? The lip quivering call to arms? This man, this property developer ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:57 am

Peggy * wrote:
How did it go? The lip quivering call to arms? This man, this property developer ...
Where do you get this nonsense from Peggy, he is not a property developer, it's all lies, he is a philanthropist, pure and simple, he only wants to help.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:36 am

Sorry to go off at a tangent but could I direct posters to the Sat. Aug. 10th Summary thread on the PASB / Trust board and read the last few comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am

As as I have mentioned previously, there is now no requirement for the PASB or for fan representation or involvement. Brent now has his planning permission, support both legitimate and underhand is no longer required, there is no need for him to bluff any longer and no need for him to provide any financial figures.

The fans have been mugged and to be frank, many deserve to be, hence the pasoti mugs by Newell. I expect he and his fellow bad mates are having a good chuckle behind the scenes at the expense of those pasoti favorites/mugs that bought into the idea.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Saw this on Breakfast news this morning. They had a brief interview with some bloke that I can only assume works for Plymouth council. These aren't verbatim quotes, but it was along the lines of, "Plymouth is so lucky to have a man like JB willing to invest. He's a national, nay international businessman and he's so brilliant. I personally would like to hug him and squeeze him etc etc etc."

Despite my mocking, it was cringeworthy beyond belief. Frankly it looked like he'd witnessed the second coming. (insert your own jokes there). This happening four days after the perfectly legal and upstanding planning meeting that wasn't a fait accompli before it started puzzles me. It was almost as if, and others may have noticed it before, the HHP development was the leverage that opened up the gates for the rest of a massive, lets call it £150m+ or so, development portfolio. Clearly this must be a coincidence. I look forward to the planning meeting for the civic centre, 'I'd like to state that this development that will make me no profit whatsoever, as that is not what philanthropists like me are interested in, is all about making the civic centre a bwilliant bwilliant place to work for the wonderful council workers.'

Steve
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Forgot to add, the man is just a greedy tw@t property developer aided and abbetted by compliant morons. The only real difference between him and Heaney, (who I know is a tw@t also), is that JB is just a lot fecking smarmier and better at getting others to join with him on the fringes of the gravy train.

Sorry, I meant philanthropy train.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:49 pm

It does make you start wondering who Heaney was the front for and if he and Brent have had an previous contact?

Have one totally dodgy option flouted to the fans who are up in arms and then in rides the saviour on his white horse to be the champion of the fans cheers 

Without people looking too closely at Brent's proposals as they are too busy jizzing themselves at his wonderfulness, hey presto the deal is done and everyone's happy for a while.

Just a theory of mine Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre    Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre  Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent preferred bidder to buy civic centre
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next