Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great sporting photographs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Great sporting photographs Empty
PostSubject: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Saw this earlier and looked through it, some great iconic sporting photographs from over the years.

I particularly like the old boxing shots and of course the Scotland fans snapping the crossbar at Wembley Very Happy 

http://photos.uk.msn.com/slideshow/photos/100-great-sports-photos/2xd5ynvq#2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:21 pm

I still remember my old man going ape shit when we watched the scots break the crossbar, he wanted them flogged, then put in stocks, then flogged again and shot, wouldn't happen in his day, although I suppose it did really.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Fantastic stuff, Jockers.Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:02 pm

That Roger Bannister photo is awesome.

A guy on the line smoking a pipe. Arthur Daley on the right in his Trilby. Then to top it off a bloke in the rear centre filming the finish on his 1st generation Nokia Camera phone...
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 pm

I was looking at these in work today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 pm

I love the one of Ali standing over Sonny Liston almost willing him to get up and take a beating. It looks like he feels cheated because Liston went down so easily.

The Roger Bannister photo is iconic and just shows how amateurish sport was such a relatively short time ago. It looks like a scene from a comedy sketch show by Armstrong and Miller.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:29 pm

The United vs Munich one from the 99 champs league final is great as i was in the stand thats in that shot
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Great sporting photographs Jonty%20rhodes%203

Jonty Rhodes.

And, yes, he did make the catch.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Great sporting photographs Slips10

Count the slips!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 am

thats the whole team !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:00 am

Three of those slips seem to be in the gulley area ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 pm

There's only one cricketer that's identifiable (to me anyway) in the picture. Bonus points to whoever can name him (and once you get him loads of the others are at least guessable).

I'd love to see Broady steaming in to a similar field at The Oval in the last Ashes test. It could only mean one thing after all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
There's only one cricketer that's identifiable (to me anyway) in the picture. Bonus points to whoever can name him (and once you get him loads of the others are at least guessable).

I'd love to see Broady steaming in to a similar field at The Oval in the last Ashes test. It could only mean one thing after all!
The bowler looks like Dennis Lillee with his shirt open like that but that's as good as I can guess at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The bowler looks like Dennis Lillee with his shirt open like that but that's as good as I can guess at.
It is Dennis Lillee bowling against New Zealand in 1977
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 pm

The picture of Vinnie Jones grabbing Gazzer's knackers. Not very sporting but still a great picture!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great sporting photographs   Great sporting photographs Empty

Back to top Go down

Great sporting photographs
Page 1 of 1