Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back from Torquay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Back from Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Back from Torquay   Back from Torquay EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:17 pm

I have been home for 30 minutes now and for those who have said I should not make sweeping comments when emotions are high after the game, I still stand by what I said, and I am now able to write a bit more about what I thought.

I and many others stood through (what I think) was the worst we have played this season. It was nothing to do with TUFC being good, its that we did not master the basics.

1st half:

We were decent in the first half, and I really thought the defence were tight, Nelson and Gibson worked well together and the full backs were good. I thought Walton was playing badly however but Young always seemed to be on the attack. I dont think I spotted Atkinson do anything in the first half, however on the right we were charging forward with Daley and he looked very positive. Feeney picked up an early injury but he was pretty bad, Sutherland was playing well on the left side of attack and always seemed to have ideas. However the main problem was we did not create a single chance in which we would have a chance of scoring from, and from what I remember, neither did they. Our best player in the first half was Bhasera imo

2nd half

Well, at half time I felt rather confident, I dont know why seen as we are always terrible in the second half away from home but I still was. Within minutes Nelson (or gibson?) dropped off their man and allowed him a free volley on the egde of the area which flew into the bottom corner. Then, no to long later they scored again, this time RO was miles off his line and granted it wasa good effort but RO seemed to just watch it go past him when he most likely could have got to it. From then on the atmosphere in the away end dropped and the abuse started, and rightly so, we were terrible. We created nothing and then obviously they got a third, this time young lost it in midfield, they ran at us, got round us and slotted it home with a good finish. We got back into it 12 minutes from time, Sutherland with some neat play on the wing (where he should not have been tbh, fletcher!!!) got into the box and slide it to Atkinson who finished from the edge of the box. This most certainly gave is a lift and we started creating, Lecointe was good and saw two neat efforts end up just wide. But it died down 5 minutes from the end and they attacked again, and we just saw the game out to a 3 1 defeat.

Atmosphere

The argyle fans were in a pub just down the road from the ground with a few tufc fans which made for some good banter, the atmosphere in there was really good and there was plenty of singing. We made our way to the ground confronted by a few kiddy yobs. I heard the atmosphere was going to be down near the home fans so I headed down there and got a place near the back right next to the home end. To be honest the atmosphere/banter in the half hour build up was better than the actual game. The away end and home end was packed and the first half noise was good. However it took a turn for the worse as soon as they scored and the abuse rolled in (rightfully) on their second. However to my suprise it also seemed to dampen their fans a bit whos zoo corner was good. Our consolation was hardly celebrated but it did shut their fans up and gave us a left. However in the final minutes things got a tad nasty and there were some argyle fans fighting with themselves and the argyle fans in the home end got caught out and there were some problems there. Big boo from the argyle fans at the end, all frustrated.

Other thoughts:

Apart from the 3 goals (which offcourse are the crucial moments) the defence looked average and I thought Nelson was okay for once, concentration lapses were still a problem as RO hade no communication with his defenders.

The midfield was the main problem today. Thought Walton had a shocker, Young looked okay but is obviously not strong enough. Where the hell was Atkinson playing in the second half, why was sutherland on the left wing and Atkinson seemed to be upfront. The only midfield positive was Daley, had a good first half but did not see much in the second.

Upfront and Feeney was terrible throughout the game but there was no need for the nasty abuse from the fans when he walked past the away end after he was subbed. I and some other started a supportive ' feeno feeno ' chant. Sutherland was good throughout, have no idea what we were doing with him on the left wing though.

Summary:

Well it was just a pretty terrible day from the greens today, slightly improved from stourbridge but not by much, and I fear for us on tuesday. I like their stadium standing in a packed terrace creating a good atmosphere but thats as good as it got. If we are going to have any chance in staying up fletcher needs to go.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down

Back from Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Torquay   Back from Torquay EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Why you posting this on here ?..... according to you were not "praaaaper fans" pig
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Back from Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Torquay   Back from Torquay EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't quite see where the omg shocked reaction is coming from (not so much from those on here). We all know that Argyle are utter turd and expected us to get a drubbing from Torquay. Like one player was ever going to change that. We need 5 or 6 as well as an experienced firefighter as a manager. Anyway, fb message from my brother:

'Hey bro.Argyle gash.Threw up on train on way there.Drinking too much is the only way to stomach a third relegation.New player fitted in well, in that he was utter shit too.Hope you're getting chunder daaan under.You tool'
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Back from Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Torquay   Back from Torquay EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I don't quite see where the omg shocked reaction is coming from (not so much from those on here). We all know that Argyle are utter turd and expected us to get a drubbing from Torquay. Like one player was ever going to change that. We need 5 or 6 as well as an experienced firefighter as a manager. Anyway, fb message from my brother:

'Hey bro.Argyle gash.Threw up on train on way there.Drinking too much is the only way to stomach a third relegation.New player fitted in well, in that he was utter shit too.Hope you're getting chunder daaan under.You tool'

I tried Drinking too much at Cheltenham. Epic fail.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Back from Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Torquay   Back from Torquay EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks for the report Cobi, same old, same old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back from Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Torquay   Back from Torquay Empty

Back to top Go down

Back from Torquay
Page 1 of 1