Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
Katman2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Katman2

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:06 pm

It's being reported that they are bidding £250k for Swindon striker Billy Bodin.
Where have they got that sort of money from?
Back to top Go down

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 pm

From the sale of their keeper to peterborough - 300k and the sale of Okane to crawley
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:20 pm

It's not exactly what good old merse has been preaching recently though, is it? Unless they're that confident that his re-sale value is significantly higher than that sum.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Look howv far we've come, moaning about Torquay buying players. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 am

Tringreen wrote:
Look howv far we've come, moaning about Torquay buying players. Rolling Eyes

We trusted in stapes and now we're trusting in brent. Being bottom of L2 and being outclassed by Torquay in the transfer market is our lot from now on.

Back to top Go down

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 am

I shall be surprised if we actually pay a fee for anyone.. certainly not one of that size. I have a feeling it's not Jamesyboy's style... probably doesn't understand the concept of paying a 'key money'premium for an employee.
Back to top Go down

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:34 am

It's unusual to see a lower league club paying a fee for a player these days, and if Torquay are going to invest the money they receive from their own player sales, good luck to them.

Like Penz says I couldn't see us paying anything like £250k for a player, and any money in we receive from player sales is going to be used to accelerate the staff payments. Even if the rumour about Liverpool being interested in Maztt Lecointe were true and we received £1 million for him, I wouldn't expect Fletcher to see any of it to replace him. Especially when Fletcher's prolific net-bulging dad might be available from Bournemouth on a free again.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am

Didn't at the peak of our Championship prowess, we still balked at paying £250k for the likes of Buzsaky, Halmosi and Ebay?

Sigh....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Didn't at the peak of our Championship prowess, we still balked at paying £250k for the likes of Buzsaky, Halmosi and Ebay?

Sigh....

That's because we had no cash backed ambition and refused offers of help................... Embarassed already mentioned that once I think lol! .
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Sigh....

That's because we had no cash backed ambition and refused offers of help................... Embarassed already mentioned that once I think lol! .

Yes you have Tring.........

but I think you got away with it! cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Sigh....
Not so sure that's how I remember it in detail. I remember it being straight forward for Ebay and Chadders... they were coming from BIGGGG clubs, so naturally all would plain sailing.
What I do remember though is paying half a million for MaClean when the club were actually talking to Cardiff about another player, yet got fobbed off with him. Any perusal of the Cardiff forums at the time would have produced a plethora of laughing Cardiff fans that couldn't believe someone would pay that sort of money for that sort of player. How on earth that transfer was sanctioned is beyond me ?
This club is so third rate, so giggly at Hilsborough it makes you squirm. I don't think it will ever change now, it's been a hundred years.
Back to top Go down
merse

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
It's not exactly what good old merse has been preaching recently though, is it? Unless they're that confident that his re-sale value is significantly higher than that sum.

There's no way that Torquay United will be paying that sort of money for any player, where did that "figure" come from anyway?

The liklihood is that Olejnik's deal came to £350,000 spread over 2 seasons with a 20% commision on any further profit Peterborough might make from selling him on.

As things stand tonight, Bobby Olejnik is the only definite departure with Eunan O'Kane having triggered the necessary £175,000 that would entitle the player to have the club accept any offer for his registration should he wish to accept ...........no-one but Crawley have bid that so far and no-one knows if he finds moving to them acceptable or not at this juncture. I suspect his agent is looking for a better club to out bid them and anyway Torquay would prefer it if he decided to stay put ~he has another 2 seasons under contract at Plainmoor yet.

Mark Ellis might go to Crewe for a guessed at £75,000 ~ funny money for a strictly limited player in my opinion.

With major money infused into the club by director Thea Bristow the board have re-iterated their desire to repay her as soon as possible ~ especially on the shortfall between funding for the new grandstand and grants received although (typically Thea) she is ambivolant about that.

£100,000 has been ring fenced for training ground development work and a further £110,000 on academy development so as you can see there isn't too much left for Martin Ling at a club where "buying cheap and selling dear" is the required format.

Craig Easton has just been signed and he won't be cheap so I guess it's 40k at the max left for Lingy to play with..............we'll see.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 pm

I wish merse would stop shouting, he keeps giving me a headache! Very Happy

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

With the attendance Torkey get it's the only way they can give a semblance of a good crowd. Argyle fans, on the other hand, could all whisper and generate the same level of noise.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:33 pm

knecht wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

With the attendance Torkey get it's the only way they can give a semblance of a good crowd. Argyle fans, on the other hand, could all whisper and generate the same level of noise.

cheers lol!

Back to top Go down
merse

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:45 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Pardon ~ I heard that!
Back to top Go down
merse

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Freathy wrote:
Being bottom of L2 and being outclassed by Torquay in the transfer market is our lot from now on.
It certainly is: Piss taking on here about "Small Time Torquay". Over confidence in your hapless owner's talk of a big budget. Now we make two class signings tonight in Tom Cruise who was trialling for Sampdoria last season on his release by Arsenal and the return of Michael Poke ~ as good a goalie as you'll see in this league and the equal of Bobby Olejnik who came for nothing like these two and left for over 300k within a year!

Could it be what I am always telling you that it isn't what you spend but how you spend it. It is having a board and manager who know what they are doing and it is having a reputation as being a footballing side of note and a club where young talent can come and progresss their careers?
Back to top Go down

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:01 am

Ahhhh so that's why Torquay have spent most of their life in this hell hole of the lowest league of football clown
Back to top Go down
merse

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:26 pm

GOB wrote:
Ahhhh so that's why Torquay have spent most of their life in this hell hole of the lowest league of football clown

But it's not the lowest league is it? You very nearly dropped lower last season and if you started to respect it more and enjoy yourselves, instead of this never ending miserable sulking perhaps the mood around your club would lighten and allow some semblence of recovery to begin!

For God's sake get a grip and begin acting like men instead of cry baby children. Whatever sort of impression do you think you give to prospective signings for your club? No wonder they prefer to sign for a smaller but perfectly formed one just down the road.

Football is supposed to be enjoyed and an entertainment. Lighten up and create a positive vibe around your club instead of this season after season dirge of misery and negativity. Try it, it's not so bad you know!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:13 pm

merse wrote:
GOB wrote:

But it's not the lowest league is it? You very nearly dropped lower last season and if you started to respect it more and enjoy yourselves, instead of this never ending miserable sulking perhaps the mood around your club would lighten and allow some semblence of recovery to begin!

For God's sake get a grip and begin acting like men instead of cry baby children. Whatever sort of impression do you think you give to prospective signings for your club? No wonder they prefer to sign for a smaller but perfectly formed one just down the road.

Football is supposed to be enjoyed and an entertainment. Lighten up and create a positive vibe around your club instead of this season after season dirge of misery and negativity. Try it, it's not so bad you know!

i thought i'd add some bold for you merse, your keyboard not working properly?

what you say may be inherent in the argyle psyche, both supporters (i know theres more than two!) and players and staff, its what we are and why we are
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm a positive little bee living in my positive little hive creating positive honey, merse.

Argyle are gonna get to the playoffs next season! ROAR
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Merse I think most realists would expect Argyle to finish bottom half of the table next season, with the current squad. For all the talk of big budgets our squad won't drastically change next season. Our defence isn't too bad, but our attack is still woeful. We've signed a forward player who has had a number of league clubs and struggled at all, until he hit 17 goals in the BSS last year- can this gamble be converted to League 2? The other forward players we're linked with are hardly world beaters either.

I think Brent's talk of big budgets is to get bums on seats, but in reality we're not going to have a great squad. Torquay should do well again, but its whether the losses of O'Kane and Olejnik will have a big effect (I know you have replacements coming-wiki says you signed Poke yesterday?)?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 pm

is that Long Owd or Piggina
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Chemical Ali

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:46 pm

According to a BBC SW sport reporter (on twitter) Torquay have bid £40k for Bodin.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:27 pm

O'Kane has just twatted that he's turned Crawley ~down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TORQUAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY   TORQUAY Empty

Back to top Go down

TORQUAY
Page 1 of 1