AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Just seen a few flashes of lightning in saltash
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:42 am

That wasn't lighting it was the Paul Thomas hit squad taking photographs of your location.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:47 am

OMFG!
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:34 am

We could do with some rain, if it starts in two weeks time I'll be out of the country, forecast I've just seen says thunder on Thursday, although they didn't mention lightning.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:44 am

cant have one without tother
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:00 am

Great timing Hairy J. Three days off this week. The mist has descended. You idiot.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 pm

pepsipete wrote:
cant have one without tother

I saw a MASSIVE lightning storm with no thunder and no rain once. But it was in Louisiana, and they do things a bit different there, y'all.
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:20 pm

It's not unique to the US of A peggy*. Often saw lightning in Bahrain without a sound anywhere. It used to go on for a couple of hours and was like somebody stood by a light switch flicking it on and off. Bit weird.

It will rain in Plymouth tomorrow. My dodgy joint has told me.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:44 pm

It'll rain in Plymouth both tomorrow and Wednesday. I know this for certain, as I'll be looking after two small people who love doing outdoor stuff.
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:33 pm

I slept on a beach once in a horseshoe bay & we had an almighty lightning storm - with no thunder. Watching the lightning hit the water was exciting!!!!
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:10 pm

no lightning ,thunder in Tiverton, did see a person with a ginger beard earlier !!!!
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:30 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
no lightning ,thunder in Tiverton,   did see a person with a ginger beard earlier !!!!

Sporting a ginger beard is more alarming than lightning and as such he deserves to be struck by a bolt or two, Heany left me with ginger issues.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:56 pm

I think you can have lightning without hearing thunder (thunder being too far away to hear), but lightning will always create thunder. However there can be no thunder without lightning.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:41 pm

As the royal baby is a boy, and with all this thunder and lightning, will it be called Damien?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Pepsi and Czar are right. There's always thunder with lightning, but it's possible (as several of us have experienced in real life innit) to be too far away to hear the thunder.

#bleddyknowalls
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
As the royal baby is a boy, and with all this thunder and lightning, will it be called Damien?

Nah. I've got money on it being Tyson.
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Hope the child is ok along with the mother as I would for any family but am I alone in not giving a flying feck. We the taxpayers have another mouth to feed. Lets all rejoice because this one will be as expensive as the rest of his family.

I was going past a primary school one morning when working and lots of lovely little families were taking their young ones to school. A picture of normalness until I heard a scream at the top of a delicate flowers voice to her child. "Tarquin get off the feckin grass". I had to smile. Tarquin is such a nice name for a Royal but seemed slightly misplaced where I was. Put your tenner on it.
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Just started to rain here. First time in about 3 weeks. Not much but I did go out into the garden to cool off Razz 

Flooding is also predicted for some parts later int he week because the ground is so firm that the rain won't penetrate and will just accumulate on the surface.

Bleddy weather Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:38 pm

glad I weeded the allotment earlier today hard work that was no doubt the weeds will return next week Sad 
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Peggy * wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I have suggested 'Ethelred' - it's about time we returned to the traditions of our great nation at this time of joy & celebration.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Dodi ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:01 pm

elias
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Ocean city.
Back to top Go down

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Peggy * wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Nah, Duke of Cornwall, Denzil innit.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 pm

knecht wrote:
Peggy * wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I have suggested 'Ethelred' - it's about time we returned to the traditions of our great nation at this time of joy & celebration.

Prince Cnut (for Thaigreen)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lightning watch  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning watch    Lightning watch  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lightning watch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next