Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feeny staying means another relegation battle.

Go down 
+5
125+1
greensleeves
Freathy
Greenskin
oxfordgreen
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:54 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I had high hopes when after the season finished Sheridan indicated Feeney would be released.  Now it looks like Sheridan will be forced to offer him another contract because brent is refusing to fund any L2 standard stikers.  The nightmare goes on.

I have missed something or have we already signed 3 L2 strikers!!!

And HAS Feeney signed NO.  Sheridan offered the guy a trial and thats exactly whats he's doing, again were too quick to jump onto the good ship negative.  3 strikers signed and 1 more to come, maybe Feeney, may not be him.
Brenty your "strikers" dont strike! signing cheap freebies just means another crap season, though happy clappist every where will find joy in making the top twenty in the fourth division.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:16 pm

It's all starting to look a bit crap again, another season of the useless Feeney - if thats what happens is a downer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Well it might start to look a bit crap if it had happened. But, clearly it hasn't so isn't the time to get down about it when it has rather than now? It's no better than an outside chance at the moment and my bet is still that it won't happen. Hardly the time to declare the end of the world is nigh.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:07 am

That's what the real fans have been saying every summer for the last seven years !

Suppose they've got to get lucky sometime. Rolling Eyes 

The situation at HP is slightly improved with Sheridan at the helm but I personally can't see much else to be positive about.

The hardcore support appears to revel in utter mediocrity and lack of ambition. Preferring to lord it up at shitty little clubs.

Aviva got it so right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:12 pm

come what may JS is going to have to bring in another exp striker. I am guessing Morgan and Reid will be first choice with Harvey and LeCointe as backups but i feel there needs to be a exp striker in the ranks to call on.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:21 pm

shame we missed out on Rene Howe, Burton are looking strong for next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Agreed with Angers and Gully, but normal service is to bring in a Banton type player at the last minute, those sort of signings will be made last minute because players like that hope to play at a higher level, when it doesn't happen we will get a chance. I am ok with that, any experienced strikers who will score twenty a season are out of our price range unless of course Reid and Morgan hit it off and we get lucky, we have to cut our cloth to match the ambition of our owner (and his unforgivably crap management of Argyle since he took over.)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 pm

akagreengull wrote:

With their gates how can we possibly compete?

GET OUT OF MY CLUB NOW BRENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:28 pm

I felt a lot more optimistic last week when it looked like Banton and the Palace fullback might be signing for the season. Not all excited like Webb, arranging Forza nerd displays and designing t-shirts, but hopeful of not struggling and managing to score a few goals along the way.

Without a goalscoring midfielder or prolific striker I can see another season of backs to the wall and scraping the odd result where we can.
Still there's a few weeks to go yet.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:01 pm

akagreengull wrote:

We can't compete with the likes of Burton.

Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:03 pm

an absolute disagrace, we cant compete for players with a club with 2k gates FFS !!!!!!!!1

Sort it out you cretins. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

We can't compete with the likes of Burton.

Crying or Very sad 

In order to compete you have had to make an offer for the player. There is nothing to suggest Sheridan actually made an offer for Howe. Also Howe said at the end of the season he wanted to move closer to his family in the midlands i believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeny staying means another relegation battle.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2