Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feeny staying means another relegation battle.

Go down 
+5
125+1
greensleeves
Freathy
Greenskin
oxfordgreen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Feeny staying means another relegation battle. Empty
PostSubject: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:04 pm

If shez can't get anybody in better than the Shocking feeny its another dogshit season coming up, no other team with ambition would want this guy, chadwick will soon be back in the side! and brent thinks fans will shell out twenty one quid to watch those two? jog on jimmy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 pm

bar goals feeney isnt a bad link up player to have in reserve. I dont rate him at all personally but if i were to choose between him and chadwick to stay to back up reid, LeCointe, Harvey and Morgan i would choose Feeney everytime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Angry wrote:
bar goals feeney isnt a bad link up player to have in reserve. I dont rate him at all personally but if i were to choose between him and chadwick to stay to back up reid, LeCointe, Harvey and Morgan i would choose Feeney everytime.
we dont have a striker who scores goals or anyone else who does, slightly worrying i would say angers!
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:
we dont have a striker who scores goals or anyone else who does, slightly worrying i would say angers!

I think a strike partnership of Reid and Morgan could get a fair few goals together this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:27 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:

I think a strike partnership of Reid and Morgan could get a fair few goals together this year.
They may well do but have no track record, and there is no one at the club with a record for scoring goals in senior football other than the elderly wotton.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:39 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:

Even if they score 30 between them,it won't be enough.The one thing that really bothers me about the Argyle squad is that there still doesn't seem to be enough goals throughout the departments.Argyle were rescued from the drop last season by Banton's goals scored from a mainly wide midfield position and having someone of that calibre made all the difference.Hourihane was the only other player who chipped in with half a dozen last year and frankly the scoring records of the new signings and players already on the books don't inspire much confidence that this will change significantly.Unless someone like Banton is brought in before the first match then the only way that Argyle will be anything like competitive in the top half of the table this year will be through good organisation and sound defending,which is well within Sheridan's capabilities to achieve but not really the way to go about building a team for the medium/long term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:

Morgan can score goals as can Reid. If those two can hit form and gel as a partnership i feel they could be a decent partnership with goals aplenty between them. The problem is creating the chances which is why JS has to find the right guy on the left like banton who can supply and contribute. How he can find one on the cheap is perhaps a bigger question.;
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 7:01 pm

I had high hopes when after the season finished Sheridan indicated Feeney would be released. Now it looks like Sheridan will be forced to offer him another contract because brent is refusing to fund any L2 standard stikers. The nightmare goes on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
I had high hopes when after the season finished Sheridan indicated Feeney would be released.  Now it looks like Sheridan will be forced to offer him another contract because brent is refusing to fund any L2 standard stikers.  The nightmare goes on.

And the luntatics are still cosied up at boardroom level..supported by Avivas

The nightmare goes on indeed
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:15 pm

If Feenoooooooooo is re-signed then relegation cometh.....We're cr@p and we know we are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:35 pm

He will get a mural, had a funny dream last night that i managed to break into the ground pissed with a baseball bat and managed to set about the FES and the Pasoti murals, Carlsberg dont do dreams......................
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Feeno, before he got injured was rubbish, even when we were looking at the bottom end of league division 2 he couldn't score in a brothel.Now Argyle are looking to re-sign him....god forbid,a shelf life has to end sometime and in Feeno's case it was 2012.Give up ...you've had your day...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:56 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Feeno, before he got injured was rubbish, even when we were looking  at the bottom end of league division 2 he couldn't score in a brothel.Now Argyle  are looking to re-sign him....god forbid,a shelf life has to end sometime and in Feeno's case it was 2012.Give up ...you've had your day...........

But he can hold the ball up, usually for Chadwick mind you.

Kenny Dalglish was also good at holding the ball up, and feckin scoring because he was a striker!

Taxi for Feeney please, preferably Tommy Tynan's taxi so he can give him a few tips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
If shez can't get anybody in better than the Shocking feeny its another dogshit season coming up, no other team with ambition would want this guy, chadwick will soon be back in the side! and brent thinks fans will shell out jtwenty one quid to watch those two? jog on jimmy.

You seem to like the word 'dogshit'. You revel in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:47 pm

hairy j wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
If shez can't get anybody in better than the Shocking feeny its another dogshit season coming up, no other team with ambition would want this guy, chadwick will soon be back in the side! and brent thinks fans will shell out jtwenty one quid to watch those two? jog on jimmy.

You seem to like the word 'dogshit'. You revel in it. 
 Dogshit reminds me of argyle strikers and your posts.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Angry wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:

Morgan can score goals as can Reid. If those two can hit form and gel as a partnership i feel they could be a decent partnership with goals aplenty between them. The problem is creating the chances which is why JS has to find the right guy on the left like banton who can supply and contribute. How he can find one on the cheap is perhaps a bigger question.;

Elburton and then Tiverton whatever dogshit league they play in,didn't have too many problems with Reid and Morgan.Are Southend any good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:55 pm

As long as the Tapeworm is around i cannot see anything changing in the short term, and as for the boxed in mini-stand...this club is on the long term road to no-where, a tinpot-chicken shit operation with no ambition supported by small minded avivas located in a backwater Hick-town
Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Two goals in two games against low level non league sides from open play does not look promising in my view, we will be better organised than last season ( how could we be worse) but unless we sign someone who knows where the goal is we will struggle, but the dogshit loving avivas will be happy with nineteenth spot in the basement league, ministanders with ministand ambition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Is it actually stated anywhere that Feeney is staying? I thought he was out of contract but sticking around hoping he will impress to get another contract rather than is staying. He is a sort of trialist but voluntary rather than requested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Is it actually stated anywhere that Feeney is staying?     I thought he was out of contract but sticking around hoping he will impress to get another contract rather than is staying.    He is a sort of trialist but voluntary rather than requested.

Given he was injuried for the whole of JS's regin last season he didnt warrant being offered a new contract however JS gave him a chance to earn one by coming to pre season and showing him what he can do. Which i have to say is very fair of JS. I doubt he will get a new deal minded not with Chadwick still here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:15 pm

So all this talk of Feeney being signed on is a tad premature then. I don't think he will get a contract either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So all this talk of Feeney being signed on is a tad premature then.    I don't think he will get a contract either.

he can hold the ball so if he were to stay i can see him being like Blair Sturrock and coming on for the last 10-15mins and hold the ball slow the game down.
But if Chadwick isnt going anywhere anytime soon then i cant see Sheridan wanting two exp strikers to sit in the reserves when one will do, also we have 2 young strikers to play aswell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:47 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:

Elburton and then Tiverton whatever dogshit league they play in,didn't have too many problems with Reid and Morgan.Are Southend any good.

Glad to see reality reigns - 2 seasons of the worst possible footy tells ya, need to score (regular), and find the cheapest way out of hangers on!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:56 am

I am sure that Chadwick will be off, he is just dragging his heels, Shezza doesn't want him, why would he want to waste his budget, I think he is doing the decent thing offering Feeno a chance to impress and scoring a goal albeit in a Tivvy friendly is good way to start, my guess is that they will both be off though.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Freathy wrote:
I had high hopes when after the season finished Sheridan indicated Feeney would be released.  Now it looks like Sheridan will be forced to offer him another contract because brent is refusing to fund any L2 standard stikers.  The nightmare goes on.

I have missed something or have we already signed 3 L2 strikers!!!

And HAS Feeney signed NO. Sheridan offered the guy a trial and thats exactly whats he's doing, again were too quick to jump onto the good ship negative. 3 strikers signed and 1 more to come, maybe Feeney, may not be him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeny staying means another relegation battle.   Feeny staying means another relegation battle. Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeny staying means another relegation battle.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next