Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Carey gone? (Now Staying) Empty
PostSubject: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Skynerd, from the Happy Clappy Nerd Forum reckons he's off, so thats argo confirmed as one of the relegated teams next season.......Brent Twins Out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 pm

if Skytard says he's off then he's off

a wise career move from GC
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
if Skytard says he's off then he's off
Yep, looks like he gets some inside info off someone close to the top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Will be interesting to see how Adams performs without the main ingredient in his career success to date.......well, from a distance. I do have other interests in life, like what will be the mean temperature this year. Players like Carey don't come along very often in the lower leagues/Scottish leagues regardless of his supposed inconsistency.
At the worst, Carey could be an impact squad player in the championship.
"Wot, you were about to high tail it to Scotland and leave me in god forsaken Plymuff on my lonesome, guvnor, without a by your leave ?  See ya "

Last edited by beesrus on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank Christ this sagas over, best move on then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:12 pm

Hey Graiser, how's it go ?

"We go again"
"Wipe yourself down and get down to business"
"Tomorrow's another day"
"We'll show 'em"

It's all a bit worker ant, a bit zero hours, don't you fink ?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 pm

[quote="beesrus"]Will be interesting to see how Adams performs without the main ingredient in his career success to date.......well, from a distance. I do have other interests in life, like what will be the mean temperature this year. Players like Carey don't come along very often in the lower leagues/Scottish leagues regardless of his supposed inconsistency.
At the worst, Carey could be an impact squad player in the championship.
"Wot, you were about to high tail it to Scotland and leave me in god forsaken Plymuff on my lonesome, guvnor, without a by your leave ?  See ya "[/quot

Carey was NOT the main ingredient in Adams success in Scotland. Adams achieved all of his major success before Carey joined Ross County in 2013 and featured in one fairly average season under DA before the latter was sacked.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 pm

We go again.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Skytards still leaking then
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Cardiff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Carey was NOT the main ingredient in Adams success in Scotland. Adams achieved all of his major success before Carey joined Ross County in 2013 and featured in one fairly average season under DA before the latter was sacked.

Let's be honest, Dane could guide a team or two to promotion in the lower Scottish leagues. You're talking SWL/western standards.
Any career of note comes with keeping a club like Roooooosssssss afloat in the Scottish premier. Like it or not, Carey IS Adams' talisman at the levels we are talking about. Fortunately for Adams, League 1 isn't the division where  his particular boring defensive style gets found out, that's more in the championship in England. I just don't know where Adams can get a replacement for such a player., and his style does need a Carey type who can create from nothing. Should have pushed the boat out on this one, and sacrificed a player or two in the squad.  But even then, maybe the feel of where the club is at might still determine the outcome.

With regard to TG's comment, wouldn't it be funny if Warnock has actually poached him while enjoying Home Park hospitality, in a Ridsdale/Mason or Webby/Purse sort of way. Talk about embedding yourself behind enemy lines. Lovely industry. Lovely people.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 pm

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Let's be honest, Dane could guide a team or two to promotion in the lower Scottish leagues. You're talking SWL/western standards.
Any career of note comes with keeping a club like Roooooosssssss afloat in the Scottish premier. Like it or not, Carey IS Adams' talisman at the levels we are talking about. Fortunately for Adams, League 1 isn't the division where  his particular boring defensive style gets found out, that's more in the championship in England. I just don't know where Adams can get a replacement for such a player., and his style does need a Carey type who can create from nothing. Should have pushed the boat out on this one, but it's not the Jimmy way. He's a numbers sorta guy.

Wouldn't it be funny if Warnock has actually poached him, in a Ridsdale/Mason or Webby/Purse sort of way. Talk about embedding yourself behind enemy lines. Lovely industry.

It isn't a question of me liking it or not. There was nothing to like or dislike because Carey being Adams talisman in Scotland just didn't happen, no matter how you try and dress it up. That long unbeaten run, reaching the Scottish cup final and attaining reasonable positions in the SPL all happened before Carey joined Ross County.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am

He's his talisman now, though, isn't he ?

Or are you going to give it the "we go again, we won't miss him" routine.
Nitpick as much as you like.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 am

That's relegation pretty much confirmed. The Coventry reject and the old man from Motherwell won't keep us up. Grim season ahead. Glad I'm not going.

BRENT OUT
HALLETT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 8:51 am

Jethro wrote:
Skytards still leaking then

Whats his accuracy rate? I'm sure he's got stuff wrong, not clutching at straws
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 am

Tgwu wrote:
Cardiff

thought I saw Blades mentioned - oh well onwards &..........!!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 9:17 am

beesrus wrote:
He's his talisman now, though, isn't he ?

Or are you going to give it the "we go again, we won't miss him" routine.
Nitpick as much as you like.

If nitpicking is defined as pointing out that the premiss of an argument is completely unfounded then yes, it's nitpicking. And no,i won't be putting forward the argument that Carey won't be missed, he's a class player and a match winner-Argyle will be extremely lucky to get a replacement as good as him. I was vehemently opposed to the sale of Hourihane and indeed the sale of class players dating back to the 1960's,so it's hardly likely that the loss of another major asset will be met with indifference mixed with false optimism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 9:40 am

beesrus wrote:
Hey Graiser, how's it go ?

"We go again"
"Wipe yourself down and get down to business"
"Tomorrow's another day"
"We'll show 'em"

It's all a bit worker ant, a bit zero hours, don't you fink ?

If that's your interpretation of events then you crack on, me I think there's been enough angst about "will he or won't he", it now appears that decision has been made and it's not with us, so he's moved on and so do we.
You can make of it what you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 am

Tgwu wrote:
Cardiff

That would be just so typical of this tinpot football club. All this arselicking of Warnock, inviting him down here and giving him hospitality when all the while he is potentially tapping up our best player.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:38 am

Neil is no mug, IF Carey has gone to Cardiff then so be it and all the best to the player, and fair play to both of them.
Probably did'nt take Neil long to realise that Brent and co are a bunch of feckwit amateurs.
On the flip side Adams is no mug either, and as I said previously I would bet my bottom dollar that he has already got a contingency plan in place in the event that Carey goes.
If Adams pulls off another successful season shopping in basement bargain land and building a team without Carey , then my admiration knows no bounds.
geek

BRENT OUT
HALLETT OUT
EVERYONE OUT
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:21 pm

So many rumours regarding Carey and is he or is he not.

If he goes then wish well, if he stays then good luck in the new season.

Just looked in over the road there and I noticed a thread on the absence of Adams. I am sure he is having a great holiday and will return next week full of vigour and optimism for the campaign ahead.

The League One fixtures are released tomorrow, the new season draws ever closer. Mind you, with the current weather as it is, football is on the back burner for the moment as I wilt in the heat (longest June heatwave in 20 years apparently and today or tomorrow could see a record June temperature not seen since '76 - phew).

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 pm

If GC goes then the same predictable posters will sharpen their knives and start pointing fingers at JB, SH and the other suits. Sleep However, is it just money? GC has a vision of where he wants to go in his career and he hasn't got long to get there. So if, for example, he had the same offers on the table from us, Sheff Utd and Cardiff then what would be the best decision for him? From my camp, to achieve his aim, I would say Sheff Utd. A club in the Championship and on a roll. Is it just money?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Wont be the end of the world if he goes providing .....

A) A good price is agreed for his transfer

and

B) the money is reinvested into the squad.

For the above to happen they need to conclude the situation ASAP to give the manager time to weigh up targets
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Dane. wrote:

B) the money is reinvested into the squad

Hahahahahahaha breathe hahahahahahaha..........like the Nelson money and the purrington money......15k for missit Blissett
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 12:49 am

Dane. wrote:

A) A good price is agreed for his transfer

and

B) the money is reinvested into the squad.

For the above to happen they need to conclude the situation ASAP to give the manager time to weigh up targets
There's no fee though - out of contract. I agree with your comment ''Wont be the end of the world if he goes ... '' and DA has probably got players lined up. But whatever happens all Argyle can do is move on and I have trust in DA to get it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) Empty

Back to top Go down

Carey gone? (Now Staying)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next