Greenskin
GreenSam
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

New Striker signs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 am

GreenSam wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
His scoring record doesn't exactly set the pulses racing, and it doesn't appear that Morecambe were that fussed about keeping him as they apparently only offered him a new contract on vastly reduced salary.

If he's a replacement for Feeney then I wouldn't mind as at least he doesn't appear to be injury prone. However if Feeney is re-signed as well we are going to end up with another set of strikers with poor scoring records.

Where did you see this?

There was a post from RobGT4 on the rumours board of PASOTI at the start of June saying:

So, i'm going to post carefully here, I don't want to be told i'm one of these 'I know something you don't and i'm going to play games' type posters, at the same time, I don't want to go blurting his name around and potentially scuppering a deal, because I can imagine some Argyle fans going and 'twitterbombing' him messages (you like that one x-isle) asking him to come here and join the good ship mayflower (cringe) etc etc.

What I will say, is that he is a striker, his contract renewal is only 50% of what he was getting before and Bury have offered him 75% over 18 months as I said before and we've topped that, the guy knows him personally and he sounds like a decent lad.

Given that we've subsequently signed a striker from Morecambe, to whom Morecambe have offered a contract, we can take it that this guy knew what he was talkig about. I suppose at least another club were interested as well, although as Bury are close to going to the wall, they aran't likely to be aiming for the best players either...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:55 am

we'll just have to hope JS and his coaching staff can get him to produce goods here otherwise if what is said true about his contract then it backs up the fears of some fans that JS isnt going to have much in terms of funds to build a team over the summer.

Yet if you ask idiots like X-isle thats a good thing lets build the small stand and feck the club up some more. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
So if i got this right, this bloke his that good morcs offered him less money to stay than he got last season! oh dear i might have to revise down my optimistic top twenty finish,
That's a big if though, personally I haven't seen it anywhere bar this site and I've only read positive things about this player. I understand that a lot of what's happening at the club is pretty crap at the moment but sometimes I feel there's just as much of an effort to put as negative a possible spin on something from some on here as there is to put as positive a possible spin on something from other quarters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 12:52 pm

We also heard positives (lets be honest you're not going to hear negatives about a new signing) about all the shite players we signed over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 am

apparently juan gola cessane is going to join us soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Elias wrote:
apparently juan gola cessane is going to join us soon

Already got Chadwick and Feeney for that role.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Striker signs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2