Old Timer
shonbo
Greenskin
GreenSam
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Lewis Alessandra joins us rather than re-sign for Morecambe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not exactly prolific though.

Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: New Striker signs (almost)   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Cant say i know that much about him to be honest but i shall read up now.
Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Just read his stats, mmmm i'll have to trust JS's judgement on this but i have to say we dont need another typical non scoring striker at home park we already have 4.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

I think he's been more often used as a winger at Morecambe, or a winger-come-striker at least. Perhaps more like a replacement for Bryan?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Says he was more a wide player than an out and out striker,we certainly need some competition on the flanks.At first glance not an earth shattering signing but he has worked with Shezza at a higher level and seems to be about the right age,with no history of injuries unlike some of last summers intake.Hope he's a good 'un,welcome to HP Lewis.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Wayward talent according to the Morecambe fans;

Probably just jealousy. Wink
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Compared to a young Jack Lester, that would do for me if he can live up to it.
Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:29 pm

I know i'm a serial moaner, but i dont believe we've beaten off stiff competion to sign this geezer that none of us have ever heard of! give me a striker who scores goals on a regular basis then i might get excited ( unless he's some old taff playing in a village league) i though we were in for that fat bloke from torquay with the girls name? what happen did he join accy stan instead?
Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:33 pm

shonbo wrote:

Pasoti claming that? jack scored goals so im not seeing how he is at 24!!

my mistake he is the new billy rafferty now lol priceless nool
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Angry wrote:
shonbo wrote:

Pasoti claming that? jack scored goals so im not seeing how he is at 24!!my mistake he is the new billy rafferty now lol priceless nool

Sheridan said there were similarities in style between this guy and Jack Lester in his press statement,thats all.Played cricket against Jack once,all i'll say is that he was much better footballer than cricketer.
Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Seems to be well thought of by Morecambe fans, except for maybe this comment from Shrimpsvoices:

Lewis is like a poor man's Nani, fanny's about with the ball to much, does your head in, does all the hard work in beating players with his quick feet, then loses it.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Just how many more donkeys do we need?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Angry wrote:
shonbo wrote:

NO, JS claiming that on a player he's known for 6 years. What has PAsoti got to do with this FFS. Change the feckin' record.
Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 pm

shonbo wrote:
Angry wrote:
shonbo wrote:

NO, JS claiming that on a player he's known for 6 years. What has PAsoti got to do with this FFS. Change the feckin' record.

its a stupid comment whoever made it imo. and the billy rafferty connection was one a genuine nool one Razz
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Well I hope JS is right. He;s seen more of him than me and I expect you. Couldn't give a guff what's said on Patwati
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Sounds an underwhelming signing for sure, but who know's? guess we have to trust Sheridan's judgement. Just been reading the Feeney thread down on the farm, the responses describing Feeno as a player worth keeping as he"puts in a shift" are consistent with a fanbase lacking in belief for success.
Ye gods - the man is a striker! who does'nt score, Sheridan just get rid, am becoming more concerned that we will have a squad next season of proven non scorers.
Every man and is dog is after a prolific goal scorer, so the bait has to be big to tempt one down to H.P even if you find the right player, and we all know about Brent and his competetive budgets.
Fingers crossed somebody comes good next season.

AMBITION = A DESIRE FOR SUCCESS.
Basketball
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Seems that he is a flair player with little end product- most of the Morecambe fans say he has talent but not the application- maybe a McGregor type player?

Sheridan knows him so hopefully can get the best out of him.
Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Seems that he is a flair player with little end product- most of the Morecambe fans say he has talent but not the application- maybe a McGregor type player?

Sheridan knows him so hopefully can get the best out of him.

sheridan played alongside Carlton Palmer and didnt get the best out of him so it doesnt always work lol.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 pm

If he has flair like McGregor then I'll be happy.

Would be better to have a knack of being quite good, mind. Where's our Mickey Evans, Friio, Coughlan type players who're playing below their level?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 am

His scoring record doesn't exactly set the pulses racing, and it doesn't appear that Morecambe were that fussed about keeping him as they apparently only offered him a new contract on vastly reduced salary.

If he's a replacement for Feeney then I wouldn't mind as at least he doesn't appear to be injury prone. However if Feeney is re-signed as well we are going to end up with another set of strikers with poor scoring records.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 am

Save judgement till we see him. Shezza brought in some quality players for us on loan (and a few duds granted) but he obv knows what he's gonna get with him. He has to be better than Chadwick......
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 am

Must know about him as he managed him at Oldham (gave him his debut) See him more as a forward than an out and out striker.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
His scoring record doesn't exactly set the pulses racing, and it doesn't appear that Morecambe were that fussed about keeping him as they apparently only offered him a new contract on vastly reduced salary.

If he's a replacement for Feeney then I wouldn't mind as at least he doesn't appear to be injury prone. However if Feeney is re-signed as well we are going to end up with another set of strikers with poor scoring records.
Where did you see this?
Back to top Go down

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:37 pm

So if i got this right, this bloke his that good morcs offered him less money to stay than he got last season! oh dear i might have to revise down my optimistic top twenty finish,
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:02 am

an early indication of budget restriction for the coming season. we've already got one PCH why sign another?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Striker signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker signs   New Striker signs Empty

Back to top Go down

New Striker signs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next