Tgwu
Dougie
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Bhasera - Will He/Won't He Empty
PostSubject: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:14 am

Quote :
Meanwhile, the future of Argyle player-of-the-year Onismor Bhasera remains unresolved.

Manager John Sheridan, who is currently on holiday, stated last week that he thought it was 50-50 whether the Zimbabwe international would accept the offer of a new contract to extend his stay with the Pilgrims.

There has been considerable online speculation recently about Bhasera leaving Argyle.

He has been linked with Bristol City and Oxford United, among others, and one report in Zimbabwe yesterday suggested the left-back had rejected his contract offer from the Pilgrims.

A club spokesman confirmed to Herald Sport that the situation regarding Bhasera had not progressed over the past week.

Bhasera, who has made 114 appearances for Argyle since signing for them in March 2010, has until Monday to tell club officials whether he will accept the new terms they have put to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 am

for me i think he is gone, I would love him to stay and it would be a big boast to fans that one of our best players believes in JS and his ambitions but if a bigger club wants him you cant blame him for wanting to go. He has been loyal enough to the club over the years so if he leaves he will always be remembered fondly by the fans.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 am

Who would do the signing of the player as John on holiday
(Manager John Sheridan, who is currently on holiday)

Nikkkk sponsorship manager could, to keep the wages down he would promise them their very own mural for becoming an Argyle legend.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:03 pm

I don't expect to see him in green again.

I'm not that bothered either way. He is a good player but not so good that he is irreplaceable and he was probably on our highest wage by some distance and I'd prefer us to pay the big money for a goal scorer as opposed to a left back.

I can't raise much enthusiasm for this. Either way has its pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not coming back it seems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm not particularly bothered about him leaving in one way, I don't rate him as highly as some do, but if he does choose to leave because he doesn't think we're going anywhere fast then it could be a barometer for next seasons expectations.

If he goes to another team in this league or a tiny League 1 club then it might temper any enthusiasm some fans have right now and have had a bet on us going up.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 pm

I get the arguements for and against. My thing is that Sturrock especially built his success on getting and keeping players who were better than the division we were in (hope that sentence makes sense).

Most of our squad are, at best, average League Two players nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by Dougie on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Yep, bit of a shame for me too if he goes which certainly looks likely now. Still if we can get in a League 2 competent left-back and it fills room on the wage budget for the two wingers and strikers that we badly need then it wouldn't be the end of the world. But still a disappointment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not coming back it seems

That looks like an agent story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:10 pm

I expect he has seen the writing on the wall with the players that have been signed to date. Another battle in the bottom half of the table is looming
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:40 pm

I reckon it's cause he has a better offer in terms of wages. There's something in the story that was on Pasoti a few weeks ago too so I hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Isn't today the day he has to let the club know if he is staying or going?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 am

so we should know in a mnth or so....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Jason BantonVerified account@JasonBanton
Big news coming up....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Jason Banton@JasonBanton 2h
Back home tomorrow after a great holiday with @HazelEyesNay, 10 days of relaxing in the sunshine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:29 pm

????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Can't see Banton coming back here
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 am

Sheridan not fazed by Bhasera no-show

PILGRIMS boss John Sheridan is still awaiting a response from Onismor Bhasera over the club's offer of a new deal to the Zimbabwe international.
Bhasera, Argyle's player of the year, was initially given until Monday last to confirm whether he would be returning to Home Park for the 2013/14 League Two campaign.

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But the left-sided defender/midfielder (pictured right), who joined Plymouth from Kaizer Chiefs in 2010 and who is said to be a target for Bristol City and Oxford United, has thus far failed to surface.
Sheridan is busily putting his own stamp on the make-up of next season's Argyle squad, and clearly rates Bhasera highly.

The former Chesterfield and Oldham Athletic chief has already re-recruited goalkeeper Jake Cole, defender Guy Branston, defender/midfielder Paul Wotton and midfielder Conor Hourihane and wants to add Bhasera to the list.
Sheridan said: "The ball is in Baz's (Bhasera) court at the moment.
"We've made him a very good offer and, hopefully, he will accept it, but it's 50/50 over whether he will or not."
Argyle's players are scheduled to return for pre-season training on June 26 and Sheridan is confident friendlies arranged with local non-league sides and home games with Championship newboys Yeovil Town and League One MK Dons are the right mix.
He said: "The purpose of pre-season friendlies is to test the level fitness of the players before any new campaign starts and let the fans see the new signings in action. So, we'll be visiting local clubs like Elburton Villa and then have Milton Keynes Dons and Yeovil at Home Park.
"Milton Keynes are a good League One club and will provide solid opposition for us as will Yeovil."
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:21 am

Rueban Ried is he on the transfer list or is he going out on loan?
He not mention in the Yeovil players list for the coming season

Andres Gurrieri brother has twitted Andres will sign
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:37 am

It's tweeted man. I'm nearly 60 and even I know that.Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:41 am

Maybe Bhasera's decision is the reason why not much else is happening on the new player front?

Without knowing whether he will sign a new contract Sheridan sort of has his hands tied because he doesn't know what budget he has left and whether he needs a replacement full back.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 am

Possibly yes but most players are on their holidays in June and return at the end of the month for pre season training and/or to look at offers on the table. Signing Bhasera will give out some sort of signal that we mean business this season but to be honest I'd rather push the boat out for a striker who could make the difference.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:01 am

Agree Swampy. We can get a capable LB at this level and a decent striker for Baz's wages
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:04 am

swampy wrote:
It's tweeted man. I'm nearly 60 and even I know that.Very Happy

I am 65 man took it from the farm and still learning
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 am

Do the pre season training start next week, Wednesday I think if wrong swampy will put me right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera - Will He/Won't He   Bhasera - Will He/Won't He Empty

Back to top Go down

Bhasera - Will He/Won't He
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next